• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas A&M @ CLEMSOM

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right? Clemson plays incredibly sloppy ball, pulls the starters for the most part early in the fourth, and runs a prevent. You call timeouts against those backups twice to score with 5 seconds left, so it was a really close game.

We should have put Trevor and five wideouts on the field for the last snap and thrown a Hail Mary after that bullshit. Glad to be done with Jimbo's trashy ass for the foreseeable future.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson could’ve easily score 14 more and I wish they would’ve. Fuck Fisher and that cult Aggie culture.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly thought Trevor played a great game with some conservative play calling. Missed a couple throws early and had the one pick late. But he’s doing what they’re asking of him so far.

They’ll start to open up the playbook more and more as the season progresses. They did the same conservative things early on last season, even in the A&M game. And Trevor will put up his stats.

But I never truly thought he would be a heismen contender. Clemson has too many guys to spread the ball out to and two really good rbs they want to get 10-15 touches each per game. And once the offense begins to open up and they score more, the backups like Brice will start coming in earlier. They aren’t going push stats like Oklahoma.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame it all on Mond
Yeah I wouldn't blame it all on Mond, I ppl had a lot of expectations for him to repeat the magic he pulled off last year. But ironically enough the team from Texas seem to be less prepared for Clemson's 3rd hottest game ever. A&M was dominating the line of scrimmage in the 1st qtr but that matchup started to even out as the game wore on but I credit Dabo for constantly rotating his players

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn't blame it all on Mond, I ppl had a lot of expectations for him to repeat the magic he pulled off last year. But ironically enough the team from Texas seem to be less prepared for Clemson's 3rd hottest game ever. A&M was dominating the line of scrimmage in the 1st qtr but that matchup started to even out as the game wore on but I credit Dabo for constantly rotating his players
Here's the thing A&M wasn't supposed to be playing Clemson we were originally scheduled to play Oregon but Oregon backed out due to scheduling conflict

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson could’ve easily score 14 more and I wish they would’ve. Fuck Fisher and that cult Aggie culture.
Hey, we can't all play a bunch of nobodies, both in and out of conference. Hope Texas balls out the rest of the year so you have at least one ranked team on your schedule.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we can't all play a bunch of nobodies, both in and out of conference. Hope Texas balls out the rest of the year so you have at least one ranked team on your schedule.

Enjoy your four loss season. You weren’t shit in the big 12 either so pipe down, sparky.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M played really well on defense. Better than I thought they would. However, just like I tried to tell me College Station buddies, elite RB's don't grow on trees. They truly missed Williams. Mond had stacked boxes to throw against last year. It gets a lot harder when they don't respect your run game. Not to make this about Texas v A&M, but I'd take A&M's roster over ours right now. You give them Ehlinger and our LT, and they would contend for the SEC. Their Dline and defensive scheme is solid. Looked better than LSU's honestly. We need to completely revamp our defense to contend, because we've recruited better on defense, specifically our secondary, than I can remember in a decade and the results are worse. We've damn near swept A&M in head to head recruiting for the top DB's and they look way better than us. Pathetic...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M played really well on defense. Better than I thought they would. However, just like I tried to tell me College Station buddies, elite RB's don't grow on trees. They truly missed Williams. Mond had stacked boxes to throw against last year. It gets a lot harder when they don't respect your run game. Not to make this about Texas v A&M, but I'd take A&M's roster over ours right now. You give them Ehlinger and our LT, and they would contend for the SEC. Their Dline and defensive scheme is solid. Looked better than LSU's honestly. We need to completely revamp our defense to contend, because we've recruited better on defense, specifically our secondary, than I can remember in a decade and the results are worse. We've damn near swept A&M in head to head recruiting for the top DB's and they look way better than us. Pathetic...
Williams was a big loss. RB1 Corbin, was playing hurt. Looked hurt last week too. The freshman was hitting the hole pretty hard. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him be the starter soon. One thing that Williams was really good at that is really lacking now is picking up the blitz. People want to blame Mond for not being accurate but it’s hard when the blitzing LB runs right through the RB and gets in his face. Several times the RB went right by the blitzing defender without even a chip. Thought the OL did well. The RBs and TEs did not block very well.

The Defense was impressive. Played well enough to win the game. Nonproductive offense allowed them to get worn down. Stupid PF penalties keeping drives alive too. Couple of scoring drives they stopped them on third down if not for a PF penalty.