• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans acquire Cooks from Rams

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3w5sli.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey between Fuller and Cooks they might get a combined 16 games played so that's something.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that explain the Rams trading him? They traded a first to acquire him and are taking a 21 million cap hit to trade up from a 4th round pick to a 2nd round pick. That's crazy talk.

Easy. Rams got a 2nd rounder for him. Stans got dough.

Cooks should not be playing football. Gets hurt a lot and concussions are adding up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what? The guy that was second in the NFL in TD receptions, that guy?

His first healthy season. One more serious injury and who knows where his career is headed

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think what some of yous are missing here is Rams gave the Pats a 1st and got a 4th for Cooks. Rams got back a 2nd and gave back the 4th in 2022. All for a dude that really shouldn’t be playing football anymore with his concussions.

That and dumping cash. They have to make up for going ape shit giving out dumb contracts.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a funny thread. Folks in here going out of their way to hate on the Rams part by focusing on cap/contract comparison nonsense while either gladly ignoring the elephant in the room, or simply being oblivious to it....

The Rams were given the 57th pick of the draft for Brandin f-ing Cooks.

A #2/#3 receiver entering his 7th season with declining number and concussion issues isn't worth a 4th round pick, much less a 2nd round pick.

The Rams made out like bandits. The Texans got fleeced.

Here's an article to read, for those who don't understand it.

The Texans did it again? Barnwell grades the bizarre Brandin Cooks trade

*If you feel compelled to rip the Rams, you can rip them for giving Cooks the extension a year ago. But not for accepting this trade.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a funny thread. Folks in here going out of their way to hate on the Rams part by focusing on cap/contract comparison nonsense while either gladly ignoring the elephant in the room, or simply being oblivious to it....

A #2/#3 receiver entering his 7th season with declining number and concussion issues isn't worth a 4th round pick, much less a 2nd round pick.

*If you feel compelled to rip the Rams, you can rip them for giving Cooks the extension a year ago. But not for accepting this trade.

Did Cook ruin your FF season or something? He's put up 1000 yard seasons 4 out of the last 5 years. Got injured last season. If he can avoid injury this season he'll likely be a 1000 yard season again. He'll start for the Texans day 1, but oh that 2nd round pick is so valuable. :rolleyes2:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s only the Seahawk and Cowboys fans hating on the Rams here. It’s common around tHoop but I do agree with you.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Cook ruin your FF season or something? He's put up 1000 yard seasons 4 out of the last 5 years. Got injured last season. If he can avoid injury this season he'll likely be a 1000 yard season again. He'll start for the Texans day 1, but oh that 2nd round pick is so valuable. :rolleyes2:
Are you being serious? Of course it's valuable. This isn't a super bowl contender adding a final piece. This is a team going nowhere fast that's still going nowhere fast after the trade. The last thing teams like this can afford to do is throw away their high round draft picks. They're dooming themselves to quicksand by doing so.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you being serious? Of course it's valuable. This isn't a super bowl contender adding a final piece. This is a team going nowhere fast that's still going nowhere fast after the trade. The last thing teams like this can afford to do is throw away their high round draft picks. They're dooming themselves to quicksand by doing so.

Super Bowl contender? Probably not. However they won 10 games last year and were division winner, so they shook things up to see if they can build on that. Wasn’t a fan of the Hopkins trade, think if you want to hate on the Texans, that where you rip them.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is fine and not in cap hell. How's yours doing?

One year of cap hell, I think we will be fine. We are certainly more than capable of beating the Seahawks, you were one missed field goal away from being swept by the Rams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year of cap hell, I think we will be fine. We are certainly more than capable of beating the Seahawks, you were one missed field goal away from being swept by the Rams.

Congrats on your team splitting the season series and the Hawks were an inch from taking the division. Where were the Rams again?

Save up that money cause Ramsey going to want a massive contract.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but the Seahawks always suck against the Rams no matter what