• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans acquire Cooks from Rams

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that wrong, they got a fourth and gave a second. Cook is only 26, so not exactly on his last legs. Personally feel rookie WRs often bust, I could easily make a long list. Not a single rookie WR went for a 1000 yards last season. It's a gamble for the Texans, but could pay off nicely.

Cooks is a known commodity.

As you mentioned you never know what you're going to get when drafting a WR? Besides this draft has a LOT of talented WRs, everything from good route runners and shifty slot guys to tall possession types. Lots to choose from for you particular offensive needs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually a dude who ends on that many teams is a mercenary, not a WR who keeps dropping on the depth chart with each of his previous teams. He was the number 3 receiver for the Rams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually a dude who ends on that many teams is a mercenary, not a WR who keeps dropping on the depth chart with each of his previous teams. He was the number 3 receiver for the Rams.
Well he was struggling with injuries last season. Bet he's not #3 on the Texans.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was struggling with injuries last season. Bet he's not #3 on the Texans.

But was on the Rams and they didn’t make the playoffs. Went from the 1 on the Saints, 2 on the Pats, 3 on the Rams so probably 3 receivers will emerge as better than him on the Texans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But was on the Rams and they didn’t make the playoffs. Went from the 1 on the Saints, 2 on the Pats, 3 on the Rams so probably 3 receivers will emerge as better than him on the Texans.

He's a WR2 basically, but a good one or at least until last year. Rams were a mess last year and lots of blame to go around. Cook injuries no doubt contributed but injuries happen.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a WR2 basically, but a good one or at least until last year. Rams were a mess last year and lots of blame to go around. Cook injuries no doubt contributed but injuries happen.

Woods and Cupp were the 1 and 2 options when they went to the Super Bowl (Cupp got hurt and Goff turned into Trubisky). Not trying to say Cooks is some slouch or scrub but he drops down on the depth chart and gets dealt. Michael Thomas cost him his number 1 slot so gets dealt, and so on and so on. Mostly my post was, why the hell does he keep getting dealt if he is coveted as a top receiver.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that explain the Rams trading him? They traded a first to acquire him and are taking a 21 million cap hit to trade up from a 4th round pick to a 2nd round pick. That's crazy talk.

That's a 2022 4th rounder for a 2020 2nd rounder in a great WR class (a big move up of 2 years and 2 rounds). Rams don't need 3 strong WRs on the field every play, they can now rely on Woods, Kupp, and their 2 TEs Higbee and Everett as the base offense. With Cooks' concussion history, this is a pretty good return in trade.

They traded a 1st to get him as part of their Super Bowl push. He helped get him there, but missed a lot of time last season and became less of a target in the overall mix.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods and Cupp were the 1 and 2 options when they went to the Super Bowl (Cupp got hurt and Goff turned into Trubisky). Not trying to say Cooks is some slouch or scrub but he drops down on the depth chart and gets dealt. Michael Thomas cost him his number 1 slot so gets dealt, and so on and so on. Mostly my post was, why the hell does he keep getting dealt if he is coveted as a top receiver.
I don't really know but if I was to guess it's because he's a #2WR who has always thought of himself as a #1WR and wanted to be paid as such. Also the Saints and Patriots were able to flip him for a good return. Pats traded him for a first round pick to the Rams who handed him the money he wanted then had buyers remorse.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know but if I was to guess it's because he's a #2WR who has always thought of himself as a #1WR and wanted to be paid as such. Also the Saints and Patriots were able to flip him for a good return. Pats traded him for a first round pick to the Rams who handed him the money he wanted then had buyers remorse.

Ive thought of him as a one as well. The Pats and Saints got good returns but the Rams didn’t and there seems to be a reason no one wants to hold onto him...and it doesn’t seem to be attitude.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive thought of him as a one as well. The Pats and Saints got good returns but the Rams didn’t and there seems to be a reason no one wants to hold onto him...and it doesn’t seem to be attitude.
Well one more concussion could end his career, he's had a few.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one more concussion could end his career, he's had a few.

I guess, maybe. Doesn’t seem like that would be a reason though for teams to keep giving up draft capital for him though. If a concussion problem were the main reason a team could just wait for him to get cut, at least I’d think so.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, maybe. Doesn’t seem like that would be a reason though for teams to keep giving up draft capital for him though. If a concussion problem were the main reason a team could just wait for him to get cut, at least I’d think so.

The concussions were a reason the Rams wanted to trade him. They weren't going to just cut him and get nothing but a 21 million cap hit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concussions were a reason the Rams wanted to trade him. They weren't going to just cut him and get nothing but a 21 million cap hit.

You could be right, I’m not super familiar with his injury history. Just seems it is more of a salary dump though. For the health of franchise it would seem you would want to keep a threat like him when you have a QB who is barely XFL caliber when doesn’t have his RB or number 1 receiver.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, I’m not super familiar with his injury history. Just seems it is more of a salary dump though. For the health of franchise it would seem you would want to keep a threat like him when you have a QB who is barely XFL caliber when doesn’t have his RB or number 1 receiver.
Shows how bad the Rams front office is. Gave a first paid out 40 million for 2 years of service and now are trying to paint getting a second and taking a record breaking 21 million cap hit as a good deal for the Rams. I chuckle every time a Rams fan posts this was a good thing for the Rams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows how bad the Rams front office is. Gave a first paid out 40 million for 2 years of service and now are trying to paint getting a second and taking a record breaking 21 million cap hit as a good deal for the Rams. I chuckle every time a Rams fan posts this was a good thing for the Rams.

Ram fans are literally challenging Eagle fans and FFF to see who is the best spinner on the Hoop. I didn't think anyone could challenge them? Guess I was wrong.

Ram fans now CAT IV

OIP.xxL9-bHPgsAULm2jvUJaVQHaHa

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats traded him for a first round pick to the Rams who handed him the money he wanted then had buyers remorse.

THIS without question. No team has fucked up their cap like the Rams with the Cook, Gurley & Goff contracts. This move (21M cap hit this year) is basically made so they can pay Ramsey

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks has been the most overrated WR in the league for 5 years. It's hilarious. He's crap and even Belichick couldn't figure that out without wasting a first round pick on him.:pound: