• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrelle Pryor Moving to WR

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a bit cold... :noidea:

TP, you're the Gold Medal optimist here. Always looking for the upside. The JaMarcus Russell thread only served to raise the monument to that characteristic.

Or move south.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP, you're the Gold Medal optimist here. Always looking for the upside. The JaMarcus Russell thread only served to raise the monument to that characteristic.

Or move south.
I think the reality of these new 90 man rosters still haven't sank in with most posters yet. Look at some of the names we have on the roster right now- we got guys their own parents have never head of. So when talented guys become available this time of year, there's nothing to consider but their upside, imo, because we lose out on nothing if a free agent we pick up doesn't pan out.

That's the way I look at it. Guys like Russell have (had) talent, so give it a shot this time of year when you don't have to cut anyone good/important to bring them on board. The risk/reward factor is tilted very heavily in our favor because there's little to no risk. I'm not saying we draft these guys, or even throw big money on them. I'm just saying bring them in, get a look, see if there's something there that our coaches like.

They're called free agents, and, imo, anything free is worth saving up for...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy like Corey Wooton is a perfect example of what I'm talking about above. He was a productive rotational guy in Chicago- had 7 sacks one season- but didn't do well in Minnesota at all. We had plenty of guys at DE already, but we took a flier on him because he clearly has the talent to succeed in the NFL. If he doesn't make the team, no big deal, because we had 90 roster spots available, so we cut some nobody whom nobody knew was on the team anyway.

If someone else gets injured, or he pulls a George Johnson and blows away expectations, then we just pulled a freebie off the scrap pile. It's worked out well for us with guys like the aforementioned Johnson, and Rashean Mathis, so keep fucking trying it is my position.

Looks like we just brought on Taylor Mays, who would also fit this kind of bill. He was signed at the expense of Bill Bentley, who clearly was not going to be a factor on the defense this year anyhow, so now we give the athletically gifted, but apparently football-defecient, Mays a chance and see if Austin can make use of those athletic gifts (I don't see it happening, but I can see Mays becoming a helluva special teams staple).

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reality of these new 90 man rosters still haven't sank in with most posters yet. Look at some of the names we have on the roster right now- we got guys their own parents have never head of. So when talented guys become available this time of year, there's nothing to consider but their upside, imo, because we lose out on nothing if a free agent we pick up doesn't pan out.

That's the way I look at it. Guys like Russell have (had) talent, so give it a shot this time of year when you don't have to cut anyone good/important to bring them on board. The risk/reward factor is tilted very heavily in our favor because there's little to no risk. I'm not saying we draft these guys, or even throw big money on them. I'm just saying bring them in, get a look, see if there's something there that our coaches like.

They're called free agents, and, imo, anything free is worth saving up for...

I love your optimism. If it wasn't for you and Yao, I might not have any idea just exactly how pissed off I am right now at this organization. But if you want to cut through all the bullshit, and get right to the crux of the problem, it is this.

Until winning becomes more important to ownership than being loyal to their buddies, this organization isn't going to win shit. Either that, or find buddies who are more football savvy. But Millen and Mayhew were/are nothing more than a couple of guys playing fantasy football with an NFL organization.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fast, he could be a decent rotation guy at WR. Not a starter.

Imagine Staff having CJ and Pryor to choose from in the Red Zone? 2 tall WR's to choose from.
He was fast for a QB, and got cut all over the place.

Staff has Ebron, Pettigrew and fauria to go along with CJ. If being tall makes someone good, we're all set.

When's the last time this guy went out for a pass? Fullers a project, Jones needs development, we sign guys who play rugby or run track or are batshit crazy. We draft BS like Mike Williams and Bryant Johnson. If his upside is fourth receiver, just sign a guy that's already been a fourth receiver. Someone who can catch the ball. The NFL isn't the place to learn a position. And this is the Lions, we don't coach anyone up.

Reactions: BUD

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if any team will bring him into training camp at WR or TE. That 4.3/4.4 speed at his size has to have some teams interested...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League min deal, and/or if we have room on the practice squad, what the hell. The basic athleticism is there to be a matchup nightmare. I'd rather get him in the weight room and above 250 to see if he could replace Ebron. If he can play special teams he might even make a 53-man roster as a third TE/sixth WR/emergency QB

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League min deal, and/or if we have room on the practice squad, what the hell. The basic athleticism is there to be a matchup nightmare. I'd rather get him in the weight room and above 250 to see if he could replace Ebron. If he can play special teams he might even make a 53-man roster as a third TE/sixth WR/emergency QB

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any practice squad eligibility left. he's a 4-5 year vet I think.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get him in the weight room and above 250 to see if he could replace Ebron.

You're just saying this because you hate yourself.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any practice squad eligibility left. he's a 4-5 year vet I think.
He wasn't eligible for the practice squad last year.

(He also stated last year, "I don't know how to catch a ball." Not a great combo for a practice squad receiver....)

Yer kinda smart, for a casual fan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Pryor has as much chance to suit up week one as an NFL WR as I do.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a much better chance of being on a Practice Squad though.

Well I am riddled with steroids. And I have no other job or home to be at. So that might help.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am riddled with steroids. And I have no other job or home to be at. So that might help.
Jay Cutler evidently made the switch from body builder to NFL starter, I don't see why can't do it in your thirties.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler evidently made the switch from body builder to NFL starter, I don't see why can't do it in your thirties.

When he decides to go back to body building he can borrow my steroids.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Pryor has as much chance to suit up week one as an NFL WR as I do.

Agree 100%... This wreaks of "I'm broke and need a paycheck"

Truly for me, I would hope he did not make the 53 man roster. IMO that looks bad for the depth of the kids you've been trying to develop.

I say this as a casual fan who has seen two or three QBs convert with success. History is hard to change in some aspects. Those guys converted basically out of college, not after failing for 5 yrs to keep a roster spot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he smokes when he workout?

giphy.gif

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor claimed by Clev

Report: Browns Claim Pryor as WR

this is another player who should learn to shut his trap

After the Cincinnati Bengals cut Pryor last Thursday during the team's minicamp, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that Pryor wanted to be considered a wide receiver, per Chris Wesseling . The change of heart came a month after Pryor said, "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football," via Kevin Patra of NFL.com.