• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Te'o

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember another LB who was considered slow. I think his name was Chris Spielman. The slug wasnt fast enough according to every expert, but his football instincts put him in place to lead the team with tackles almost every year. One of my all-time favorite Lions.... football players! Tore a pec muscle and could hardly use his left arm for the second half the season and still led the team in tackles.

I'll take football smarts and toughness over speed any day of the week. Especially on Sundays.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone has a little crush on Te'o. His name rhymes with "shitty". ;)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember another LB who was considered slow. I think his name was Chris Spielman.
You didn't hear? Speed is the end-all be-all. Stop now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be confusing "crush" with loathe there micro. Only guy associated with your Irish that I don't hate.... Lou Holtz. And that's just because it's not nice to hate retards. (Suffferin Suckatassshhh) Why are you compelled to still defend Manti? He's slow, he dates the only un-athletic member of the Tuiasasopo family and he lied all season long in order to get his fatass parents a free trip to New York. He also sucked BIGTIME in the only game he played that wasn't on NBC. I don't get it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't think he's a bad player. Is he a sure-fire hit? No. But everyone only wants to point to the Bama game and judge him. Should we all judge Denard on the Bama game? Or the ND-scUM game this year? No that wouldn't be fair. You judge a player for his whole body of work. And Te'o's body of work says he's a good player with great leadership skills, an attribute you can't measure.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaders don't make things up to get pub though. There's something seriously wrong with that kid.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, maybe not. I think his situation is much less of a big deal than these thug wannabes and drug users. I get it, u hate ND so see this as a big deal/something to make fun of. No harm in that. But I think if u were to actually go back and watch game film of this past season, you'll see a good player. Forget all that crap he got in the media.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but impossible for me not to be biased. But I get why thug wannabes do what de duz.(Poverty, lack of a family structure, drug addiction, street cred, Eminem lyrics...) I don't get why Manti did what he did. I don't even really understand what he did. The only thing that would make sense is that he actually is a homosexual. And if that's the case, I'd understand why he kept lying. But would respect the hell out of him if he would just say so. It's a fucked up mess of a story he spun, that he didn't need to spin. But it needs to get unravelled before I want the Lions to spend any pick on him.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o is going to the Bears in the 1st round. To go with their new gay coach and their gay QB.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. It has to do with you hating anything ND related.

So then maybe Denard isn't really that fast, considering he played against mainly B1G schools. That game against Bama(you know, chocked full of "NFL ready" players) he sure looked horrendous. But....I don't focus on just one game, like some Seahwak fans.

Denard is a horrible passer, and he doesn't have enough experience anywhere else to be drafted in the 2nd like you originally said(on the CBS boards). Sure, he's fast. So is everyone else in the NFL. His route running isn't great, and nobody knows how he would even do in the return game. Just b/c he's fast doesn't mean he can hit the right lanes or holes.

I wouldn't mind him on the Lions, just not until the 5th round or so.

All that typing just to end with you wouldn't mind Denard on the team till the 5th round or so.....

Here's the Difference.....I would mind if the Lions selected Teo at all.......He's not that talented. It was a good ride, the media loved him, then hated him.....It didn't change his ability to play.....Denard has it.

I know we disagree, mostly because of ND and MICH, but I see a guy that will make it in the NFL (Percy Harvin esque) and I see Teo as a mediocre LB just drawing a paycheck.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like ND, but it has nothing to with why I wouldn't want Te'o on the Lions. I can't stand Alabama, but I would welcome Milliner, Warmack or any other player who would help make the Lions better. That is all that matters in the NFL, if the player makes the team better.

I think Te'o had a great senior year, but plays a position filled on the Lions and he is too slow to move to OLB. Detroit needs a fast LB to play outside. I know the team doesn't draft based on need, but spending a high pick on a MLB would be a waste right now and Mayhew knows he needs results from his picks or he could be without a job.

I do believe Te'o will be a quality MLB for whoever takes him. Nothing exceptional, but a solid starter. Just don't think he is a good fit for the Lions right now.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o is going to the Bears in the 1st round. To go with their new gay coach and their gay QB.

Showers, Lockers or training tables.... where do you think it will start?