• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ten toughest turns in motorsports

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Well; here's Jalopnik's take on that, anyways!

jalopnik.com

Not sure that I agree with their reasons for keeping Eau Rouge off of the list. - & as much as I love Indy, IMO it really shouldn't be #1.

Read it over & tell me what you think they missed or over/under rated.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some NASCAR, but I don't know about Darlington's turn 3 being up there. Guys hit the wall a lot there, just because the groove is so high. And most of the time they get a stripe, they continue without any trouble. Especially it being in between one corner where getting it wrong means you tumble down a mountain, and another corner where you get it wrong and you're splattered against a tree or in someone's front lawn.

I'm okay with Indy on the list (maybe you are too) but I don't know about #1 either. Although not too long ago, it seems like every year, 2-3 guys were getting knocked out of action for a month or more, after crashing at Indy (though not necessarily turn 1).

With that said, except for Eau Rouge, I can't really think of anything glaring that is missing from the list. I was pretty amused watching the video of the corner at the Nurburgring. It's hilarious seeing what looks like clothes and luggage flying around after it looks like guys are flipping their family car.