• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell me it's NOT about Prime and his kids

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that sentence is the compliment you think it is.
It was more that CU isn’t going to go from bottom of the PAC-12 to a national title contender in a year and change, it’s gonna take a few years of consistent recruiting to get them to a level where they can compete with the top 25. Biggest knock on see you last year was they start off so hard and then come faded down the stretch, this year is more 50-50 but goal is to try and stay consistent.

All they need is a bowl appearance and it’ll be considered progress.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CU and CSU went to double OT last year and the teams didn’t drastically change all that much so it wasn’t as if CU played someone way beneath them.
Or CSU played way over their talent level last year? Colorado fans deserve much better than Deion.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or CSU played way over their talent level last year? Colorado fans deserve much better than Deion.
Colorado fans are just happy to not be a bottom tier college football team anymore. If Deion can even make them a bowl team( obviously they want to be better than that but that’s the minimum) then it’s the best they’ve had in years.

CU’s been to 3 bowl games since 2007 and haven’t won one since 2004. They’re 1-6 since 2000, if Deion makes them a good team it don’t matter how much of a pain in the ass he is.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,386,359.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado fans are just happy to not be a bottom tier college football team anymore. If Deion can even make them a bowl team( obviously they want to be better than that but that’s the minimum) then it’s the best they’ve had in years.

CU’s been to 3 bowl games since 2007 and haven’t won one since 2004. They’re 1-6 since 2000, if Deion makes them a good team it don’t matter how much of a pain in the ass he is.

Who quarterback next year?

Only thing I've seen is a 5'7 little white non throwing qb to make his son look like a Heisman on the field.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I hear you. It’s kind of how we were when Mike Leach got there and alienated basically every one. But I just fear you guys made a deal with the devil and will have nothing to show for it. How is Colorado going to be next year without Deion?

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who quarterback next year?

Only thing I've seen is a 5'7 little white non throwing qb to make his son look like a Heisman on the field.
Well, that sounds like the McCartney teams from late 80s and early 90s. Run run run...option option option. Tiny QBs with good speed ala Darian Hagan, Charles Johnson (165 pounds) who moved to KState the following year and in came Vance Joseph...Vance was much bigger, but not as fast as Darian and neither of them could throw very well. But, Vance hung on when Darian was hurt in in the 10-9 victory over Notre Dame for the national championship in the 1990 season. Mac loved the options. When he took over from Chuck Fairbanks the Buffs were a mess. It took Mac come time, but he came through very well. I think the first few years with CU McCartney used the Wishbone for his offense.