• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell it like it is Ben....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger: I don’t really care if people think I’m elite
Posted by Josh Alper on July 24, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptmxzdk0mwi4nmflmjfjmmixmdq2yme5ztvinzi0y2jm-e1437749391103.jpeg
AP
When the Ravens were closing in on a contract extension with quarterback Joe Flacco a few years ago, there was a lot of discussion about whether or not Flacco was an “elite” quarterback.

With a Super Bowl ring and a lucrative deal from the Ravens, Flacco probably doesn’t spend much time worrying about where others think he falls into that subjective spectrum. Another AFC North quarterback feels that way. Ben Roethlisberger is coming off perhaps the best individual season of his career.

“For me, it’s always about winning. That’s always been my M.O.,” Roethlisberger said, via USA Today. “People ask me all the time about what do I think about not being one of the five elites or the three elites or whatever it is. I don’t really care. As long as I can win football games and win championships, that’s all that really matters to me. At the end of the day, to me, that’s what you’re based on.”

Ben Roethlisberger: I dont really care if people think Im elite | ProFootballTalk

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben doesn't get the credit he deserves (in my opinion). I have him #2 behind Rodgers heading into 2015. There is nothing easy (and never has been) about being a QB in the AFCN.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben doesn't get the credit he deserves (in my opinion). I have him #2 behind Rodgers heading into 2015. There is nothing easy (and never has been) about being a QB in the AFCN.

Roethlisberger is a pretty darned good QB. No doubt about it. But one of the big reasons he is so good has been because he's so big he's really hard to bring down. I'm not sure being "big" is a skill. I certainly wouldn't put him #2 in the league. Probably top 5-8 though depending on how you're grading it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an elite rapist. Top 5 in the league for sure.

He hasn't raped anyone in years. He's in danger of being overtaken. If Mark Sanchez or Perrish Cox r*pe again, Ben is going to lose his top spot.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know 2 elite things about his game, no one can extend a play like Ben and he is like tackling a Brahma Bull in the pocket....
I like the fact that he don't give a rabbit pellet what people think, just win baby !!
That's what I like about Joe, he's not moved by other people's opinion and just tends to business....
:10:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gladiator school. In the AFCN the QBs are not off limits.

Big Ben is top 3

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 SuperBowl appearances in the Brady era. Well done.

Should put up awesome numbers this year. Again.

Reactions: GNG

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roethlisberger is a pretty darned good QB. No doubt about it. But one of the big reasons he is so good has been because he's so big he's really hard to bring down. I'm not sure being "big" is a skill. I certainly wouldn't put him #2 in the league. Probably top 5-8 though depending on how you're grading it.
Its not just size with Ben. He has good instincts and quick feet for a Sasquatch. His size and strength help keep him up longer when someone does grab onto him trying to pull him down which happens a lot. He somehow buys time to throw a pass as he is going down sometimes also.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is when you can run to extend plays, throw tackles off, read the D, find an open man and throw on target with a huge LB hanging on your body....Oh and gets you in the playoffs consistently...Works pretty good IMO !!:nod:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is when you can run to extend plays, throw tackles off, read the D, find an open man and throw on target with a huge LB hanging on your body....Oh and gets you in the playoffs consistently...Works pretty good IMO !!:nod:

Exactly and that's what matters most, playoffs and SB's and like Meatloaf sang 2 out of 3 aint bad. And when a guy can not only have 1 but 2 6td games and can throw for over 500 yards in a game, that's a huge luxury. But Eli is elite like Brady cause he told us so. Maybe he should take a cue from Ben and do a retraction