• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Bridgewater

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep in mind that the prediction requires:

1) One of the QBs in next year's draft projected to come out to actually follow through
2) One of the QBs in next year's draft to be really highly regarded
3) Bradford to have a sub par or bad year
4) The Redskins or Rams to be one of the worst teams in the league
5) The team the Rams have to be trading with will somehow want to pass on this awesome QB prospect. This one is especially hard to believe.

Considering how bad the Browns/Jags/Raiders situation is probably not going to happen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins will probably go like 6-10 this year with RG Knee being a 'matter of time' player and the rest of their team looks terrible.

If Rams can come away with Lee and a solid safety they will be pretty darn legit. I still see Seattle/San Fran ruling the roost pending players they can retain, but St. Louis getting a wild card or winning the division will not necessarily be an 'upset' like it is now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the top pick, you enter the draft. Not if you're just projected by some, but if you are a consensus top-5 pick you come out.

As far as trying to avoid going to shitty teams..... Guess what, any year that you're top pick you're going to a shitty team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rams can come away with Lee and a solid safety they will be pretty darn legit. I still see Seattle/San Fran ruling the roost pending players they can retain, but St. Louis getting a wild card or winning the division will not necessarily be an 'upset' like it is now.
Its not hard to imagine scenarios where the Niners regress in the next year or 2. Boldin/Gore/Justin Smith/VD all get old. Some players get banged up. Niners have to break the bank to keep Kapernick etc. etc.

Seattle looks poised to be around for awhile

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would come out in the draft and pull an "Eli Manning" . I won't play for Jax or Cleveland.
Then, negotiate his way to a team that he prefers.

If it's good enough for the first family of football, it's good enough for Teddy

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you come out this year? Or do you go back to school hoping that Jax takes Boyd and Cleveland takes someone else. He is only a Junior and he wouldn't be the first big time QB to come back for a senior season.

Do remember when Landry Jones was touted to be a high 1st rd pick? Or Barkley from USC? Both opted to stay in school and neither ended up being picked in the 1st round.

If he's going to be the #1 pick or even a high pic...you go...take the money now!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely depends on his year.

He should go pro whenever his stock is highest. If he has a crappy season (by his standards), he should stay.

I think he will have a strong season, and I really hope Cleveland can get him next year.

Then again, I also like the prospect of getting Clowney, so the Browns could possibly nab both (or Boyd)

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Elway and Eli are pieces of shit for refusing to play for the teams that wanted to draft them. College kids that think they can put themselves above the league and pick and choose where they go should not even be allowed in the draft.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Elway and Eli are pieces of shit for refusing to play for the teams that wanted to draft them. College kids that think they can put themselves above the league and pick and choose where they go should not even be allowed in the draft.

Meh, the Chargers fared pretty well with P-Riv. Can't be too mad about all that.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was gifted to play college football I would milk it.

I can't really say what he will do but my guess is he will do what the majority of juniors who are projected to go high in the draft, he will enter it.

That's because you (and I) are a college football fan.

If you're a 21 or 22 year old kid staring at millions of dollars, no more school/class/tests to deal with, your outlook may change a little bit.

If you're a lock to be the #1 guy at your position taken, and a top 5 pick, no reason to risk going back to school.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's an easy fix here...if a kid says they don't want to play for your organization (which I see nothing wrong with that...it is a choice) then don't draft them.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the top pick, you enter the draft. Not if you're just projected by some, but if you are a consensus top-5 pick you come out.

As far as trying to avoid going to shitty teams..... Guess what, any year that you're top pick you're going to a shitty team.

I agree with this entire post.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bridgewater in JAC. While MJD will be gone, you still have two top tackles to protect him, some very nice receivers in Blackmon and Cecil. Defense will continue to improve. Think it would be a very good situation for Bridgewater.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an easy fix here...if a kid says they don't want to play for your organization (which I see nothing wrong with that...it is a choice) then don't draft them.

Chargers did the right thing by drafting Eli. They parlayed Eli into Rivers, Merriman, and Kaeding.

If they didn't draft Eli... they might have ended up with only Rivers

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this entire post.

but some teams are chronically shitty and others are sporadically shitty

e.g. Look how fast the Colts rose from the ashes. Browns, Raiders, Bills.... chronically shitty

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but some teams are chronically shitty and others are sporadically shitty

e.g. Look how fast the Colts rose from the ashes. Browns, Raiders, Bills.... chronically shitty

It doesn't matter if it's sporadic or chronic, the point still stands, number one will always go to the shittiest team.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is an excellent QB. But I'm not sure he would go before Manziel, McCarron or Brax. UofLs schedule may keep him from winning the Heisman. Add in there will be O and D line players to go in the first round....I can see TB slipping to the bottom of the 1st round. That would be one reason to stay.

Other than where he may go in the draft, the only reason to return to college would be for a shot at a NC and Heisman. That could happen.

But I'm thinking if his draft stock is a top 5 pick...he has to go pro.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is an excellent QB. But I'm not sure he would go before Manziel, McCarron or Brax. UofLs schedule may keep him from winning the Heisman. Add in there will be O and D line players to go in the first round....I can see TB slipping to the bottom of the 1st round. That would be one reason to stay.

Other than where he may go in the draft, the only reason to return to college would be for a shot at a NC and Heisman. That could happen.

But I'm thinking if his draft stock is a top 5 pick...he has to go pro.

You mean by entering the draft a year later? Riiiight?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean by entering the draft a year later? Riiiight?

If TB is projected top 5 this year, I think he goes pro this year. I would anyways.

But if I'm projected lower first round, I may consider coming back next year. UofL joins the ACC next year and they will have a better looking schedule which would give TB a chance at a NC/Heisman.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TB is projected top 5 this year, I think he goes pro this year. I would anyways.

But if I'm projected lower first round, I may consider coming back next year. UofL joins the ACC next year and they will have a better looking schedule which would give TB a chance at a NC/Heisman.

I would hope that Bridgewater's priority isn't the Heisman first and the NFL second. If he's having a good year, get that deal now. No need wasting it for a college career.