• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are retarded.

sincerely

The Patriots, Jets, Broncos and the rest of football.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...we have a lot of visitors in here lately.

Where is animal control when you need it?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...we have a lot of visitors in here lately.

Where is animal control when you need it?

th

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the ability to take Barkley's job. Chip only get to dress so many people for game day and if Tebos makes the team he is much more versatile option than Barkley. He isn't here to be the starter so I am not sure why some are getting so worked up. No risk guy that Chip is giving an opportunity to.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what part is more delusional. making the playoffs or Tebow winning a game. :noidea:

This is why we love Dallas fans. One playoff win in ten years and now they're all cocky. The world is trembling at the thought of Darren McFadden.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't, but I'll take my chances with him learning how to be a TE rather than a QB. He's had enough shots playing QB - and clearly demonstrated that he can't play the position at the NFL level. So try something else, the physical tools are there.
He really only got one shot to play QB and that was in Denver. The result was an improbable playoff run and a shocking playoff victory over the Steelers.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we love Dallas fans. One playoff win in ten years and now they're all cocky. The world is trembling at the thought of Darren McFadden.

I think the thought of Tebow possibly having a hand in beating them in an Eagles uniform makes them a little nervous. That's why I mentioned it might be worth it to keep him around just for that.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really only got one shot to play QB and that was in Denver. The result was an improbable playoff run and a shocking playoff victory over the Steelers.

When I think about it, it might not be such a bad thing IF he made it as the 3rd QB - bring him as a gimmick/wildcat option in the red zone and he could be effective in that role. Or just for the hell of it, line him up outside or in-line as TE in certain packages to give defenses a different look.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good comment! After the Denver season he was shut down the rest of his career and it was an insult the way he was treated by the jets. He never had an honest chance to grow and improve as most QBs get after their 1st starting season. I love his don't quit attitude and the way he stays in shape. Tim Tebow is a winner in more ways than one!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- First of all you can't discount the fact that he may have improved as a passer. He has evidently been working non-stop over the last two years with Tom House and has over 10,000 reps in with his new throwing motion. At a minimum, you gotta be impressed with the dedication and effort.
- For the Jets he was an effective special teamer. If he can end up being one of the 5-6 core special team guys in addition to his role as 3rd string QB, that is an effective use of a roster spot.
- No question Tebow was effective in Denver running the read option. He ran for over 800 yards and had 5 yards per carry. You could imagine a variety of short yardage formations for this team with Tebow as the QB that could be very effective.
- Its not like the Eagles are giving anything up here. Right now, Tebow is one man on the 90 man roster at a veteran minimum contract. He probably doesn't even make any real money until he makes the 53 man roster.
- Perhaps the Eagles have a serious interest in a late round QB and want to hide that fact from other teams. What better way then to sign another QB to your 90 man roster? Again, its not like it costs you anything.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am envisioning an early season game against a team with a weak run defense. The Eagles come out with Tebow at QB and do nothing but read option the entire game. They run the ball 60 times for 340 yards and totally dominate the game.

Then we never see the formation again the rest of the season. But the message is sent. You better dedicate alot of practice time to defending the read option if your going to play the Eagles. Because you never know.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread blows as bad as Tebow does at quarterback.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're on to something here. I don't see him as a QB but he does have size, athleticism, and determination. Would make a nice TE.
Too bad he can't block, catch or run pass patterns but knock yourself out.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors the signing was delayed because Chip was trying to trade Barkley to Miami first, but that the trade fell through.

how many times do we expect Miami to fall for that one? LOL

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see this conspiracy theorist's letter Evan Mathis said he got regarding Tebow?

CDNUCjAWMAAs_su.jpg:large

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more I think the Eagles may view Tebow as the Matt Barkley AND Brad Smith replacement. Given that Barkley was inactive for every single game last year, I am much more comfortable with Tebow as the game day number 3 than Brad Smith. Better player and you save a roster spot.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 46 man game day roster is really one of the most ridiculous rules. You pay 53 guys, but you can only suit up 46. As a result of this restriction, most teams don't dress their 3rd QB as they really want the extra spot for a special teamer. Its an unnecessary risk, that may not be fixed until a team ends up losing a game because they are forced to finish a game without a QB while a perfectly healthy and promising player stands on the sidelines.. This rule is also horrible for player development as in a blowout, you would like to give the 3rd stringer a few snaps and not risk injury to a key player.

But until someone sees the light and fixes these roster rules, a player like Tebow should have some extra value in this league as a guy that could be your special teamer and emergency QB.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people not realize that we're still in the pre-draft part of the NFL season? Just because Tebow is technically on the team now doesn't mean he still will be come August/September.