• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people not realize that we're still in the pre-draft part of the NFL season? Just because Tebow is technically on the team now doesn't mean he still will be come August/September.

Aw lighten up and eat a pretzel:

5537b0eaf0f5b.image.jpg

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a couple of talking heads speculating that if they move the extra point line of scrimmage to the 1.5 yard line CK wants to look at Tebow behind center on those plays.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im definitely cool w/ Tebow as the 3rd QB...if he earns it. Chip aint gonna just give it to him.

Media storm will be minimal unless Tebow is actually playing in games at QB. Especially if we are winning w/ him and if we are, who gives a F.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tebow is a Chip Kelly type player for sure. He can take one of the TE spots on ST. But if chip doesn't think he can contribute at QB then he won't be here. Tebow's biggest problem is he's a lefty.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tebow is a Chip Kelly type player for sure. He can take one of the TE spots on ST. But if chip doesn't think he can contribute at QB then he won't be here. Tebow's biggest problem is he's a lefty.

Lefty really? Never heard that one before? It never seemed to bother Steve Young and Mike Vick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty really? Never heard that one before? It never seemed to bother Steve Young and Mike Vick.

You never played baseball did you?

Lefty is a huge advantage for a pitcher and a disadvantage for every other type of thrower because they have a natural hook on it. Could some lefty figure out how to throw anyway, sure, and Vick's little wrist snap probably normalized the rest of the arm/body motion.

The other thing that hurts a lefty QB in football is he's doing the offense backwards now. For a repetition's guy like Chip I could see that mattering for a backup.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am a lefty and while I never played, I was involved in softball for over 10 years while my daughter developed her game and went on to play college ball. But let's hear what the experts say....

The Reason Left Handed Pitchers Have More Movement

Less is More: The Art of Intelligent Pitching: Why Do Lefty's Have More Movement?

Do left handed people really have a natural hook to their ball?

So it seems to be a myth.

I also never heard word one about this when Vick was on the team. Most considered him to be an incredible thrower, and Kelly did not at all seem worried about having him as a backup.

There is some concern that is valid with regard to the receivers being accustomed to the spin and the offense arguably run mirrored, but I don't think I have ever heard of that stuff as being anything more than a simple adaptation.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty excited to watch him running for his life as he failed to make decisions on who to throw to. And his windup is still strange.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shor-Parks from NJ.com has done an interesting job of tracking the QBs in practice.

Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow report card from Eagles training camp | NJ.com

Don't know how accurate it is, but its interesting to note that Barkley has the most INTs on the least reps of any of the QBs.

There are also reports that Tebow is one of a select few players that is showing up at the practice facility a couple hours early every day and staying late as well. I think its clear that Tebow is the sort of gym rat kind of guy that Kelly loves.

Its also important to note that this is year 3 for Barkley. If he isn't getting it by this time, he probably never will. This is Tebow's first go around in this offense, so if its close between him and Barkley, you have to figure that Tebow has more upside.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go by training camp reports. They are full of subjective, spoon-fed nonsense from the reporters. From what I saw in Fake Game #1, Barkley looked sharper than Sanchez, and Tebow was a distant third. Of course, part of Tebow's issue was that he was playing behind a scrub line, but he was also taking way too long to pull the trigger.

I'd be interested in seeing him run a series behind the 1s or 2s...but other than that, I'm over the guy. Yeah, he's a gym rat. Yeah, he's a great guy. but I'm tired of hearing how he's developing, and that he's not as bad as he used to be. Time for some on-field proof.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go by training camp reports. They are full of subjective, spoon-fed nonsense from the reporters. From what I saw in Fake Game #1, Barkley looked sharper than Sanchez, and Tebow was a distant third. Of course, part of Tebow's issue was that he was playing behind a scrub line, but he was also taking way too long to pull the trigger.

I'd be interested in seeing him run a series behind the 1s or 2s...but other than that, I'm over the guy. Yeah, he's a gym rat. Yeah, he's a great guy. but I'm tired of hearing how he's developing, and that he's not as bad as he used to be. Time for some on-field proof.

If your just looking at preseason game action, you need to understand that you are looking at about 10% of the data and reps that the coaching staff is seeing.

I don't think Tebow has proven much here, but I also think that more than anything else, after three years of time, Barkley has more or less proven that he is not an NFL caliber QB. Its reasonable to expect that Tebow could develop into a quality player with a year in this system, while Barkley seems to have proven that he is not.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tebow is playing, I hope Chip takes a "Dark Lord" stance when it comes to the bottom feeder media.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your just looking at preseason game action, you need to understand that you are looking at about 10% of the data and reps that the coaching staff is seeing.

Hence my saying that I'd like to see him with the starters, or at least the second stringers. In one preseason game, I see him taking too long to make decisions, and I see his mechanics are still somewhat questionable. But yeah, I only know what I see on the field.

Its reasonable to expect that Tebow could develop into a quality player with a year in this system, while Barkley seems to have proven that he is not.

Reasonable, based on what? The sound bites the coaching staff is feeding the media?

Clearly, though...we're talking about a third vs fourth string difference. One doesn't have to be great there, one just has to suck less than the other. If our season comes down to either, it's pretty much time to hang things up.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence my saying that I'd like to see him with the starters, or at least the second stringers. In one preseason game, I see him taking too long to make decisions, and I see his mechanics are still somewhat questionable. But yeah, I only know what I see on the field.

Reasonable, based on what? The sound bites the coaching staff is feeding the media?

Clearly, though...we're talking about a third vs fourth string difference. One doesn't have to be great there, one just has to suck less than the other. If our season comes down to either, it's pretty much time to hang things up.

This system is tailor made for a QB with running ability which Tebow has in spades. By most accounts, his dedication to working on his throwing mechanics while unemployed has improved his throwing. Arguably, the issues with holding on to the ball to long could be about...
(1) Not knowing or being 100% comfortable in the system.
(2) The third string OL not giving him much time
(3) The third string receivers running the wrong routes or not getting open.

Meanwhile, Barkley is in his third year, and still throws more INTs in practice and games this year than Bradford and Sanchez combined....on one third the reps. So you know he is not the answer. At least in Tebow, you have a guy that started a playoff game against the league's best defense and posted a 300 yard passing game and a 120+ QB rating. If the Eagles are reduced to using their third stringer, you gotta admit that your chances with Tebow running read option look a heck of a lot better than throwing Barkley out there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Tebow as a person, but unless something spectacular happens, he won't be a decent NFL QB.
I actually wish we could get Brian Bennett (Colts) if he gets cuts, which could happen at cutdown time, esp
since he's a former Duck. that's if neither Barkley or Tebow show Chip enough, and both gt cut. Bennett has raw talent - very good speed, and a good arm. Who knows? :hope: