• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's end this thread, for Pete's sake! And get on with the season. Still 13-3.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. WTF was kind of my reaction. Somehow Tebow wins the battle over Barkley, I think we all agreed on that, yet as of now Barkley has a job and Tebow does not? There really is no justice here.

Tebow is having a snake bit career. New coaches every year. The guy who drafts him gets fired. Finally wins a starting job, and then somehow Peyton freaking Manning becomes available and decides he wants his job. Gets traded to that offensive idiot (in more ways than one) Rex Ryan. And now wins the backup job in Philly...and then promptly gets cut! You gotta feel for the guy. This is the life though of the fringe NFL player.

I really don't blame Kelly for shopping around. That is what they pay him for. Christian Ponder is the name people are talking up. He has got 38 games in with a 75 QBR. This preseason he has a 81.2 QBR. Tebow's career QBR is also 75 and his preseason QBR is 90. So it's really all about the same. I am surprised Ponder (and Tebow) are both available. If I was Barkley, I would not be getting too comfortable.

As far as Tebow, Kelly has a point about going somewhere and getting some reps. I could also see one of them teams that have mobile QBs like Seattle, Carolina or Miami taking a look at him. Tebow compares favorably with their backups, Jackson, Moore and Anderson. Probably an upgrade over their number three in each case. And all three of those guys are getting a little long in the tooth. Bring in Tebow this year and maybe he pushes one of those guys out next year. For that same reason, I am not convinced that Ponder will come to the Eagles. He may like his chances better elsewhere.

If only God loved Timmy as much as you did, then he simply wouldn't allow this to continue.happening. But until that day comes TT's fate will remain in the hands of his coaches and every single one of them now has said he can't play and it has nothing to do withPeyton Manning

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you cut it, Tebow had a very respectable preseason. He posted a 58% completion rate, a 90 QBR, and was 25th among backup QBs in that category. Plus he added 82 yards rushing which was 2nd to only Tyrod Taylor in that category. He clearly has improved his passing and has not lost a step at all in his running.

That is the sort of performance that should get him looked at by any of these teams looking to add a 3rd guy. But Kelly may be right. Go to the CFL. Spend a season getting reps and opening eyes.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was routing for Tebow - I like the kid, but he just wasn't good enough. Barkley has never impressed me. I'm glad they're both gone. It will be really interesting to see what kind of guy Kelly brings in for that 3rd spot.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last post regarding Tebow :)

Tebow simply can't throw well enough to be an NFL QB. If it's not there with the first read he panics and starts to move; there's not enough quickness with progressions. He also is petrified to make mistakes as he knows better than anyone else that he isn't capable of making all the throws; he doesn't have a pro arm. This is the reason he doesn't pull the trigger ... you have to be decisive and you have to trust your arm at the pro level. People love Tebow "the person" ... that's why he keeps getting chances, but at the end of the day all teams come to the same conclusion after they watch him up close ... he's not a pro QB. Barkley is nothing special either, but he can go through progressions and doesn't hold on to the ball for a year if the initial read is covered. That's why he still has a job ... for now at least.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was routing for Tebow - I like the kid, but he just wasn't good enough. Barkley has never impressed me. I'm glad they're both gone. It will be really interesting to see what kind of guy Kelly brings in for that 3rd spot.
Tebow is a fan favorite wherever he has played. He may not have a very accurate arm but he is good for season ticket and jersey sales.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last post regarding Tebow :)

Tebow simply can't throw well enough to be an NFL QB. If it's not there with the first read he panics and starts to move; there's not enough quickness with progressions. He also is petrified to make mistakes as he knows better than anyone else that he isn't capable of making all the throws; he doesn't have a pro arm. This is the reason he doesn't pull the trigger ... you have to be decisive and you have to trust your arm at the pro level. People love Tebow "the person" ... that's why he keeps getting chances, but at the end of the day all teams come to the same conclusion after they watch him up close ... he's not a pro QB. Barkley is nothing special either, but he can go through progressions and doesn't hold on to the ball for a year if the initial read is covered. That's why he still has a job ... for now at least.

You need to go back and watch that last preseason game. Your analysis and that game don't lineup at all really.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WINGS: PLEASE STOP THIS THREAD!

Geez just stop reading if you don't care. Nothing wrong with a good discussion about the trials and tribulations of a fringe NFL player.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you cut it, Tebow had a very respectable preseason. He posted a 58% completion rate, a 90 QBR, and was 25th among backup QBs in that category. Plus he added 82 yards rushing which was 2nd to only Tyrod Taylor in that category. He clearly has improved his passing and has not lost a step at all in his running.

That is the sort of performance that should get him looked at by any of these teams looking to add a 3rd guy. But Kelly may be right. Go to the CFL. Spend a season getting reps and opening eyes.

If Tebow was some joe pulled from the stands with no practice, that is a respectable preseason. For an experienced veteran, it is not remotely respectable.

He should respect himself and move to TE.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tebow was some joe pulled from the stands with no practice, that is a respectable preseason. For an experienced veteran, it is not remotely respectable.

He should respect himself and move to TE.

lol. It was a heck of alot better than the guy they traded or the guy they brought it. If this team ends up starting Stephen Morris sometime this year, we will all be wishing for Tebow.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to go back and watch that last preseason game. Your analysis and that game don't lineup at all really.

So everything about Tebow is supposed to be ignored because he performed well against the third string Jets defense? Rey's post was a very good and accurate assessment of Tebpw's ability to play QB. How is it you can't see what everyone else does?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. It was a heck of alot better than the guy they traded or the guy they brought it. If this team ends up starting Stephen Morris sometime this year, we will all be wishing for Tebow.

This team is done if we have to go to Mark Sanchez for any extended period of of time. The same can be said for any top team. Do you think the Patriots will be Superbowl contenders if they have to do without Brady for an extended of time?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's preseason game 4 ... you can look around the NFL stats in that week and see a bunch of scrubs with good to great stats. Vanilla Defenses dominated the week and a bunch of players out there who are bench warmers or didn't make the squads.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everything about Tebow is supposed to be ignored because he performed well against the third string Jets defense? Rey's post was a very good and accurate assessment of Tebpw's ability to play QB. How is it you can't see what everyone else does?

I would just like someone to break it down for me with more than just hey he's horrible. If you watched the game Thursday, you saw a good throwing motion, you saw him go through progressions on the 45 yard pass, you saw his running ability. You saw him keep his eyes down field while threatening the run on the 2nd TD pass. You saw good velocity on the throw on his first TD pass. You saw good escapability on the 17 yard run. You also saw him a little slow on his reads and decision making. And the net result was a 117 QB rating.

So give me some breakdown of how he sucks with a little bit of substance taking into account that everyone has some plays that look bad. Because at times, Tebow looks like an NFL QB, and the overall numbers support that he looks that way a good amount of the time.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like someone to break it down for me with more than just hey he's horrible. If you watched the game Thursday, you saw a good throwing motion, you saw him go through progressions on the 45 yard pass, you saw his running ability. You saw him keep his eyes down field while threatening the run on the 2nd TD pass. You saw good velocity on the throw on his first TD pass. You saw good escapability on the 17 yard run. You also saw him a little slow on his reads and decision making. And the net result was a 117 QB rating.

So give me some breakdown of how he sucks with a little bit of substance taking into account that everyone has some plays that look bad. Because at times, Tebow looks like an NFL QB, and the overall numbers support that he looks that way a good amount of the time.
I'm gonna break it down for you, go see the eye doctor. Tebow showed zip! He sucks he sucks and he sucks. He played 4th string guys and absolutely sucked. That's breaking it down! Chip thinks he sucked, and the league thinks he sucks. He's a nice kid, he will do well I'm sure in the broadcast booth. It's ok, not everyone's cut out to be an NFL football player. He is far better than most humans. He just sucks at the NFL level. Period... End of story.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna break it down for you, go see the eye doctor. Tebow showed zip! He sucks he sucks and he sucks. He played 4th string guys and absolutely sucked. That's breaking it down! Chip thinks he sucked, and the league thinks he sucks. He's a nice kid, he will do well I'm sure in the broadcast booth. It's ok, not everyone's cut out to be an NFL football player. He is far better than most humans. He just sucks at the NFL level. Period... End of story.

Yawn...your usual substantive response. It seems to be your level.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's been done for you multiple times, both here and on the old board.