• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That were A Safe Bet To Make The Tourney

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin was never ranked this year. Pre-season media poll in the Big Ten had them seventh. They were projected to be a bubble team, which is why I don't really think they belong on this list. It is notable that this is going to be the first NCAA tournament they'll miss in twenty years.

I believe @Great Dayne had them in his Top 25 Pre-season though and this year has just about eliminated Happ from POY contention

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe @Great Dayne had them in his Top 25 Pre-season though and this year has just about eliminated Happ from POY contention

Is that the guy with the "Wisconsin Football is inferior" avy?

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin was never ranked this year. Pre-season media poll in the Big Ten had them seventh. They were projected to be a bubble team, which is why I don't really think they belong on this list. It is notable that this is going to be the first NCAA tournament they'll miss in twenty years.

:doh: Not sure why I thought they were.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe no one has said Northwestern . They were pretty much a consensus lock preseason

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, aren't they about ready to fire CoIIins?
For their sake I hope not . Guy should get free drinks in Evanston for life for getting them to a uourney lol

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe no one has said Northwestern . They were pretty much a consensus lock preseason

Yeah, you're right on the money here. Northwestern brought back like 90% of their production from a team that won 24 games and made it to the Round of 32 as an 8 seed.

Northwestern is significantly worse this year. Teams usually get better with experience, not worse. One of the more stranger stories in CBB this year.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because they haven't been ranked this year, I would have still bet money that they would have made the tourney. Usually it doesn't matter who they graduate, they bounce back because of the type of team ball they play.

I'm shocked at how bad they are.

I'm also surprised Iowa didn't improve from last year. I know they lost Peter Jok, but for fucks sake, all those freshmen from last season have a year under their belt. I thought they would be decent at least.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they haven't been ranked this year, I would have still bet money that they would have made the tourney. Usually it doesn't matter who they graduate, they bounce back because of the type of team ball they play.

I'm shocked at how bad they are.

I'm also surprised Iowa didn't improve from last year. I know they lost Peter Jok, but for fucks sake, all those freshmen from last season have a year under their belt. I thought they would be decent at least.

lol, Wisconsin lost four of their top five scorers from a year ago. Those are pretty big losses.

and man, the reasoning of "they bounce back because of the type of team ball they play" is so off. You just can't expect suspect players to excel because they play "team basketball". Wisconsin attempted to replace four experienced Big Ten players with three non-125 ranked freshmen. That is why Wisconsin is poor right now.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is on FS1 right now. I think they are going to set the record for most nationally televised games by a team under .500.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State is a little exposed at the moment. They're still pretty safe, but it's no way they gonna get that 2 or 3 seed like they thought they were gonna get. The American conference is no joke ( at least the top half ).

Cincinnati is the class obv. But Houston, Temple, UCF, & Tulsa can lay it to you any night if you're not prepared.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State is a little exposed at the moment. They're still pretty safe, but it's no way they gonna get that 2 or 3 seed like they thought they were gonna get. The American conference is no joke ( at least the top half ).

Cincinnati is the class obv. But Houston, Temple, UCF, & Tulsa can lay it to you any night if you're not prepared.

I think the AAC is looking like a 3 bid league. I don't think both Houston and SMU can make it. And while Temple has great quality wins, they've also taken on far too many bad losses. I think if Temple can at least go 6-2 down the stretch they'll put themselves in contention, but can they do that?

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I forgot to add SMU to that list. They're tough too.

I think the AAC is looking like a 3 bid league. I don't think both Houston and SMU can make it. And while Temple has great quality wins, they've also taken on far too many bad losses. I think if Temple can at least go 6-2 down the stretch they'll put themselves in contention, but can they do that?

Tulane, ECU, and UConn are winnable. Since UCF doesn't have Taco Fall anymore, add that one. That's 4. Non of those games will boot their resume though. Maybe UCF. Maybe.

I don't think they can beat Houston. Or beat Wichita State again. That Tulsa road game is tricky. Idk.

Temple is the definition of a bubble team. But... They beat Auburn, Clemson, WSU, and Wisky. I know Wisconsin is having a down year, but it's still Wisconsin. It's tough.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I forgot to add SMU to that list. They're tough too.

Tulane, ECU, and UConn are winnable. Since UCF doesn't have Taco Fall anymore, add that one. That's 4. Non of those games will boot their resume though. Maybe UCF. Maybe.

I don't think they can beat Houston. Or beat Wichita State again. That Tulsa road game is tricky. Idk.

Temple is the definition of a bubble team. But... They beat Auburn, Clemson, WSU, and Wisky. I know Wisconsin is having a down year, but it's still Wisconsin. It's tough.

If they can figure out a way to go 6-2, I think they should feel pretty safe. Having played the #1 Non conf SOS will bode well them based on past selections. The committee will typically reward a team like temple that's near the cut line if they have challenged themselves. Which they obviously did.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Wisconsin lost four of their top five scorers from a year ago. Those are pretty big losses.

and man, the reasoning of "they bounce back because of the type of team ball they play" is so off. You just can't expect suspect players to excel because they play "team basketball". Wisconsin attempted to replace four experienced Big Ten players with three non-125 ranked freshmen. That is why Wisconsin is poor right now.

I hear what you're saying, but they've had a 20 year run of making it to the Dance. It's not unrealistic to think they would have filled the gaps and had a respectable season. They have done it time and time again. They were never going to be a FF team, but this version was not expected.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying, but they've had a 20 year run of making it to the Dance. It's not unrealistic to think they would have filled the gaps and had a respectable season. They have done it time and time again. They were never going to be a FF team, but this version was not expected.

This is an understandable point, but I would still argue that they were far from a safe bet to make the tournament this year.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can figure out a way to go 6-2, I think they should feel pretty safe. Having played the #1 Non conf SOS will bode well them based on past selections. The committee will typically reward a team like temple that's near the cut line if they have challenged themselves. Which they obviously did.

Temple are probably going to have to be in the play-in game. We know they're good, but they need clearance first.