• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Don't Play in the City of Their Name

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pro sports teams play in different cities than their names? I think we talked about this before but I was arguing with my cousin about this. Obviously Niners, jets, giants, but what are some others? Doesn't even have to be football.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What pro sports teams play in different cities than their names? I think we talked about this before but I was arguing with my cousin about this. Obviously Niners, jets, giants, but what are some others? Doesn't even have to be football.

Off the top of my head: Redskins, Cowboys, Bills, Dolphins, Pistons,

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bills, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Niners, Redskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You could also go with MLS teams:

San Jose Earthquakes - Santa Clara, CA
Philadelphia Union - Chester, PA
New York Red Bulls - Harrison, NJ
Real Salt Lake - Sandy, UT
Los Angeles Galaxy - Carson, CA
Chicago Fire - Bridgeview, IL
FC Dallas - Frisco, TX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea I know they play in Miami Gardens which is still Miami.

It's in the Miami metropolitan area, but it is its own city with a government separate from that of the city of Miami. The point of the thread is the lame-assed mocking of the 49ers for moving out of SF. Even though the 49ers are still in the San Francisco Bay Area, they are technically in a different city.

tl;dr - The Dolphins playing in Miami Gardens, FL (technically its own city) is no different than the 49ers playing in Santa Clara, CA (technically its own city) and the mocking of it is completely idiotic.

For further reading: Miami Gardens, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :suds:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in the Miami metropolitan area, but it is its own city with a government separate from that of the city of Miami. The point of the thread is the lame-assed mocking of the 49ers for moving out of SF. Even though the 49ers are still in the San Francisco Bay Area, they are technically in a different city.

tl;dr - The Dolphins playing in Miami Gardens, FL (technically its own city) is no different than the 49ers playing in Santa Clara, CA (technically its own city) and the mocking of it is completely idiotic.

For further reading: Miami Gardens, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :suds:

IMO it's a difference between the Dolphins playing in Miami Gardens and the 49ers playing in Santa Clara. Technically it's the same ala neither team plays in the city limits of the city it represents but Santa Clara is much further away from San Fran then Miami is from Miami Gardens. But whatever who ever have a problem with the 49ers playing in Santa Clara fuckem.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO it's a difference between the Dolphins playing in Miami Gardens and the 49ers playing in Santa Clara. Technically it's the same ala neither team plays in the city limits of the city it represents but Santa Clara is much further away from San Fran then Miami is from Miami Gardens. But whatever who ever have a problem with the 49ers playing in Santa Clara fuckem.

:agree:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara >>>>>>>> SF

At this rate I'd have to agree, although Id rather live in SF, SC, Berkeley, and Sausalito as opposed to other areas in the state, ie Craptamento or any area around it.

Too bad the new stadium failed its parking test. Driving there is gonna be a disaster so hello Cal Trans. Nonetheless, looking forward to wearing my new Willis jersey in the new stadium.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ottawa Senators play in Kanata, Ontario.