• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that are officially out of the College Football Playoff already.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't happenin' Edisto. TCU has a ton of flaws.

But, I've been wrong a shit pot full before calling this one.
Yea, I was really just using them as an hypothetical example. I just think there is way too much football left to conclude anything, but I do agree that it would take a number of things to fall in line for a 2 loss team to maek the playoffs, unless, like I mentioned before, everybody takes some losses.

I love college futbaw!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're fucked. I think they can win the Big 12. But the Big 12 is a bit down this year:

TCU: That defense looks terrible and this doesn't look like a Gary Patterson team.
Baylor: They're going to look bad now that Art Briles is no longer there.
Texas: That ND win was misleading. Texas premature coronation of being back in the elite picture was premature given their loss to Cal (which is a perennial Pac-12 bottom dweller)
OK St: That loss to Central Michigan is going to hurt.

These are the teams that are slated to contend for the Big 12 title. But as you can see, there's no signature win that exists right now for Oklahoma to make a case to make the playoffs. They'd have to hope that Bama loses two, along with Ohio St. (and hope they don't win the Big 10) as well as UL. A lot of things have to go their way, which it won't.

If at week 3 you're sitting 1-2 and say we still have a glimmer of hope - you don't.

Actually, if you are going to have 2 losses on the year, week 3 is when you want to have them.

It's college football, many things can and will happen over the course of the season. Are Oklahomas chances big? No. But they still have a path, it just requires them to win out and a lot of chaos in the other conferences(which btw isn't all that impossible).

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_latq3iKLPs1qd1fjko1_500.gif

You're probably fucked, but not officially yet
:slaphappy:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the mandated media hype suckoff of USC every preseason, exactly who was ever calling them a playoff contender?

Didn't they start the season ranked around 20?

I mean yes they had to start the season against Bama, but they got skull fucked by Bama. It wasn't even remotely competitive. They were exposed as being nowhere near playoff caliber.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma - Credit the Sooners for playing tough teams in Houston and Ohio State, but they lost to the Cougars by 10 points and the Buckeyes by 21. The Sooners could still win the Big 12, but would a two-loss team be able to make the playoff without a conference championship game? That’s going to be extremely difficult.

Notre Dame
- Notre Dame gave up 36 unanswered points to Michigan State in South Bend on Saturday. The Irish have to win out to be a two-loss team without the advantage of a conference championship game. The losses to Texas and Michigan State will look better as the season goes on, but the best wins left on the schedule are Stanford and Miami. Would that be enough? Probably not.

Ole Miss -
The Rebels gave up 63 points combined in the second half against Florida State and Alabama in two losses this season. They gave up 20-plus point leads, too. The reward for all this is an undefeated Georgia team next week.

Auburn - The Tigers lost two home games against good teams in Clemson and Texas A&M, and the loser of next week’s game against LSU between Gus Malzahn and Les Miles is going to learn just how hot a seat can get in late September. Auburn quarterbacks have combined for three TD passes in three games. That’s not enough.

USC - The rest of Clay Helton’s first full season at USC is going to be a test. How do you recover from the blowout loss to Alabama and yet another loss to Stanford? USC still could win the Pac-12 championship, but the road to the College Football Playoff seems impossible now.

TEAMS THAT ARE ALMOST OUT:

Florida State - We’ll give a slight disclaimer because they are a one-loss team. Florida State could get back in the playoff hunt if they win out and take the ACC championship. But that 43-point loss to Louisville is going to be extremely difficult to justify to the committee down the road. Consider that the last two seasons the one-loss playoff teams — Alabama (twice), Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan State and Oklahoma — lost by a combined 41 points in their one loss. Ohio State was the only team to lose by double digits. The Seminoles need to win the ACC and get more than just a little help. That loss is going to come up every single time.

Iowa - North Dakota State might be a Top 25 team in the FBS, but the fact is the Hawkeyes lost a tight game at home to a FCS school. That’s going to make it really hard to make it to the College Football Playoff. Remember how the Hawkeyes were being treated as an undefeated team last year? The only path back in would be winning the Big Ten West and a Big Ten championship, but with that loss it’s going to be tough.

Some Info used from MSNSports Five teams who could be out of the College Football Playoff running
Add LSU to that list.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if you are going to have 2 losses on the year, week 3 is when you want to have them.

It's college football, many things can and will happen over the course of the season. Are Oklahomas chances big? No. But they still have a path, it just requires them to win out and a lot of chaos in the other conferences(which btw isn't all that impossible).

I agree to a point. But Bama's not losing more than one game (that's 1 spot as the SEC East is straight garbage). A combo of 2/3 will be Clemson/Louisville/Houston (as Louisville and Houston play one another, I have Louisville winning the ACC), which UL has the easiest path after Clemson. That leaves one more spot and I think that goes to OSU as I see them winning the Big 10 (c'mon Michigan!!!!!).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. But Bama's not losing more than one game (that's 1 spot as the SEC East is straight garbage). A combo of 2/3 will be Clemson/Louisville/Houston (as Louisville and Houston play one another, I have Louisville winning the ACC), which UL has the easiest path after Clemson. That leaves one more spot and I think that goes to OSU as I see them winning the Big 10 (c'mon Michigan!!!!!).

It's very unlikely that Oklahoma will make the playoffs, but not impossible.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, Calm your tits.
Garbage loss to Wisky, laughable win over an awful MSU team. This team thinks 'creativity on offense' is running reverses and reverse passes. Miles has finally done it, and there is no coming back.
tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

LSU probably loses next week, they won't beat Arkansas, won't beat Ole Miss, and sure as hell won't beat Bama. A&M is a toss up, and not sure how LSU does with Florida. Gonna be a long season.
:les::drink:

LSU offensive coaches are pictured here...:stooges:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very unlikely that Oklahoma will make the playoffs, but not impossible.

It isn't. But you usually need a signature win or two. Take a look at the teams that have theirs thus far:

Bama: Ole Miss and USC
Ohio St.:Oklahoma
Houston: Oklahoma
Louisville: Florida State

Louisville straight dominated FSU and that will resonate whether they go undefeated or have 1-loss on the season as many had FSU pegged as going into the playoffs.

So yes, it's easy to say that Oklahoma's playoff hopes are still intact. But yeah, they're not going to the playoffs. Better to accept it and move on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage loss to Wisky, laughable win over an awful MSU team. This team thinks 'creativity on offense' is running reverses and reverse passes. Miles has finally done it, and there is no coming back.
tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

LSU probably loses next week, they won't beat Arkansas, won't beat Ole Miss, and sure as hell won't beat Bama. A&M is a toss up, and not sure how LSU does with Florida. Gonna be a long season.
:les::drink:

LSU offensive coaches are pictured here...:stooges:

Yeah but if you were to win out you'd make it, so until you lose to Alabama it's not official.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't. But you usually need a signature win or two. Take a look at the teams that have theirs thus far:

Bama: Ole Miss and USC
Ohio St.:Oklahoma
Houston: Oklahoma
Louisville: Florida State

Louisville straight dominated FSU and that will resonate whether they go undefeated or have 1-loss on the season as many had FSU pegged as going into the playoffs.

So yes, it's easy to say that Oklahoma's playoff hopes are still intact. But yeah, they're not going to the playoffs. Better to accept it and move on.

I just don't think you can say it's official they are out until there is literally no chance. It's been unlikely that many teams would make the playoffs, but until the losses comes it's not official.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That top 5 ranking LSU got was a gift. Downhill from here.
Well that in itself proves how stupid the rankings are. Any realistic, non-purple/gold shade wearing fans saw this coming. Miles had the chance to change OC's in the offseason and did absolutely nothing. He was like Joe Pa, he knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it from happening.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off. I concede nothing!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that in itself proves how stupid the rankings are. Any realistic, non-purple/gold shade wearing fans saw this coming. Miles had the chance to change OC's in the offseason and did absolutely nothing. He was like Joe Pa, he knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it from happening.

I agree. It's sickening to see how inept LSU's offense is given that they have the best RB in the country. As a Dolphins fan, I find it hilarious that Cameron's still coaching.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll just want OU in the playoffs for an easy win.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's sickening to see how inept LSU's offense is given that they have the best RB in the country. As a Dolphins fan, I find it hilarious that Cameron's still coaching.
Fired from every job he has ever had high school to NFL...
Les Miles- COME ON DOWN TO BR!
Admin- LETS MAKE HIM THE HIGHEST PAID COORDINATOR IN THE COUNTRY!

4 failed seasons later
Admin- MAKE A CHANGE OR YOUR FIRED!
Miles- SCREW YOU WE'RE GOING TO WIN DOING THE SAME UNSUCCESSFUL THING.

2-1 start with an awful loss to Wisky and a 3 point win vs an awful MSU team: to be continued!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fired from every job he has ever had high school to NFL...
Les Miles- COME ON DOWN TO BR!
Admin- LETS MAKE HIM THE HIGHEST PAID COORDINATOR IN THE COUNTRY!

4 failed seasons later
Admin- MAKE A CHANGE OR YOUR FIRED!
Miles- SCREW YOU WE'RE GOING TO WIN DOING THE SAME UNSUCCESSFUL THING.

2-1 start with an awful loss to Wisky and a 3 point win vs an awful MSU team: to be continued!!!

I know your pain man. Miami fans were experiencing the same shit with Al Golden and his monlithic scheme that failed to work and allowed 500+ yards every game. Those were some dark years. Fans of opposing fanbases like to bash Miami for that loss to Clemson last season (we loss 58-0). Little do they know that was the best thing to happen as that allowed us to get Richt.