• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team USA World Cup of Basketball 14' invitee's announced

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors had 4 players selected (Curry, Iguodala, Thompson, Lee) to come to camp and compete for one of the 12 spots on the World Cup of Basketball roster. The list will have to be narrowed down. Although some players are listed (like Lebron) they may not participate in the World's just the actual Olympics when they come around. Here's the List:

Carmelo Anthony
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tyson Chandler
Bradley Beal
Stephen Curry
DeMarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Kevin Durant
Kenneth Faried
James Harden
Paul George
Dwight Howard
Blake Griffin
Andre Iguodala
Gordon Hayward
LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Kyle Korver
Chris Paul
David Lee
Derrick Rose
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
Damian Lillard
Deron Williams
Klay Thompson

Let's assume everyone is healthy and participating. Who from this list would you select as a 12 man roster to compete in both the World's and the Olympics?

My team would look like this:
Chris Paul
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Anthony Davis
Kevin Love
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Dwight Howard
James Harden
Carmelo Anthony
Blake Griffin

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the minority, but I don't want any Dubs on the Olympic team.

Dubs need to focus on resting and preparing for the upcoming NBA season vs going overseas to dominate vs "random team".

Ask Steph's Ankle how he did after a long season and training with team USA, or HB how he did after his first extending season (82 NBA games, 2 rounds of Playoffs, offseason in China, Summer League).

The benefits of representing the USA are dwarfed from the negatives factors IMO.

RE, the OP, I say send all the players from the WEST, that way the DUbs benefit from them being tired going into next year :suds:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the minority, but I don't want any Dubs on the Olympic team.

Dubs need to focus on resting and preparing for the upcoming NBA season vs going overseas to dominate vs "random team".

Ask Steph's Ankle how he did after a long season and training with team USA, or HB how he did after his first extending season (82 NBA games, 2 rounds of Playoffs, offseason in China, Summer League).

The benefits of representing the USA are dwarfed from the negatives factors IMO.

RE, the OP, I say send all the players from the WEST, that way the DUbs benefit from them being tired going into next year :suds:

I agree, with the sentiment that the Olympics cause additional wear and tear on the athletes. That being said, there's almost no way Steph doesn't make the olympic team because of his skill set. His game is tailored towards international play, especially with his outside shooting ability. The only way he doesn't make the team is if he personally withdraws from the team.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, with the sentiment that the Olympics cause additional wear and tear on the athletes. That being said, there's almost no way Steph doesn't make the olympic team because of his skill set. His game is tailored towards international play, especially with his outside shooting ability. The only way he doesn't make the team is if he personally withdraws from the team.

Exactly, with all the playmakers and his shooting ability there is no way he doesn't make the team. They brought Korver in to the player pool because they know the importance of having a legitimate shooter on the team, just like when Redd made the team years ago. He is best shooter right now and then you add in the fact that he is a team guy, can make plays, good handles, its a no brainer he'll be one of the final 12.

As a fan it is easy to say I hope my guys are able to rest, but this is such an amazing opportunity and experience that I'm excited for any Warriors who get to represent their country.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you title this thread "14 feet"? Because of Curry's ankle problems?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you title this thread "14 feet"? Because of Curry's ankle problems?

Should have put the apostrophe before the 14. Thanks for the invaluable contribution to the discussion.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me ignorant, but was the roster group for the '14 Olympics ? Or the future Spanish/Rio De Janerio games?

I remember Colangelo wanting players to commit to "3 years of building chemistry". 3 years of an extended offseason would probably break Steph's ankles.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me ignorant, but was the roster group for the '14 Olympics ? Or the future Spanish/Rio De Janerio games?

I remember Colangelo wanting players to commit to "3 years of building chemistry". 3 years of an extended offseason would probably break Steph's ankles.

The roster I believe is for the Olympics in '16, but the World Cup roster for '14 may not be the same. Some players (Lebron specifically) may not compete at the World's but will play in the actual Olympics.