• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team(s) in LA?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right next to Staples Center would be a BITCH for traffic.

Actually i doubt it most NFL games are on Sundays & home teams get 8 home games...Traffic is much better during the weekend, then during the weekday when it's a work week & 110 freeway is right next to Staples Center so that makes it much easier to access the stadium & get to whatever parking destination you need IMO

When i go to Laker games or downtown LA Live, I have no problem getting their even during traffic time & get their in 10-15 minutes from where I live, but i also know the shortcuts like the back of my hand on how to get to Downtown LA..MUHAha!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've had many chances but the moment the teams suck, the fans leave.

LA is not a football city.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't move there.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've had many chances but the moment the teams suck, the fans leave.

LA is not a football city.

LA is not a football city, are you serious ?? do you live or ever been to LA or know what went down when the Raider's & Rams left ??

When it comes to football, LA is has a huge fan base to the game in general...look at USC & UCLA fans, football has always been big here in LA. If i recall the Raiders had always has an idiot owner especially in AL Davis he kept moving his team back & forth from LA to OAK he was an idiot. The city was coming up with a new stadium project for them back in the early 90's but all Al Davis was on crack. LA has a huge fan base to the Raiders even now that they play in OAK, none of that was the fans fault in general for the Raiders & Rams moving.

The games would always get sell out at the LA Coleseum, even now LA also has a strong following of the Rams even though they played in Anaheim & then left to St Louis. And also isn't one of the biggest College Bowls played here in LA Pasadena i believe it's called the Rose Bowl, wich is pretty popular here in LA & the nation, i believe every 4 years the National Title game is also played at the Rose Bowl ( Yea I guess LA is not football town ) :doh:

If you know anything you would know that these teams had tradition in Los Angeles. LA is definetly a football town i see it in College & Pro level everybody gets ready for a nice BBQ on Saturdays & Sundays or Bars get jammed packed. The city is more then ready for the NFL too comeback, times have changed we live in in the social network ERA & Advanced technology....Any new stadium will definetly pack up the building...FACT!!

Any NFL team that decides too move here will go up in value by double..possibly worth over 1 billion dollars, what NFL owner wouldn't want that in their pockets ??

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. supported the Rams for 48 years.

L.A. can and will support an NFL team. The reason the NFL left is because of stadium bullshit. There were several stadiums around town that were barely being used but weren't quite up the standard an NFL owner wants and no one at the time could stomach getting the funding together to build another one. It was the perfect storm.

The amount of politics involved in pro sports is nauseating and blaming team relocation on fans is bullshit.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are well-supported but they're stuck at Jack Murphy Stadium.

If the Raiders move back to LA, the National Guard will be needed to quell violence. Really, it'd be insane.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up the LA Times in 2004 saying there would be a team in LA by 2006. I remember that story well.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl is supposed be doing some sort of survey in los angeles if interest is there for potential fans. could get interesting though. the raiders lease is up unless they go to a temporary contract in Oakland time is short for them.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams coming back is like having a hot girlfriend that broke up with you in your 20's to marry a rich guy. Now she comes crawling back to you in her 40's divorced, fat and ugly, and with 5 kids. No thanks!

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The Rams coming back is like having a hot girlfriend that broke up with you in your 20's to marry a rich guy. Now she comes crawling back to you in her 40's divorced, fat and ugly, and with 5 kids. No thanks!
^^^
This

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol wouldn't the rams be a better move than the raiders? Raiders have been bad since the superbowl loss

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol wouldn't the rams be a better move than the raiders? Raiders have been bad since the superbowl loss

Rams would be closer to the rest of their division as well...

Then how long would it be before we heard clamoring for St Louis to get a team... AGAIN. ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams considered most likely team to move to Los Angeles - NFL - SI.com

Sorry if this had been posted before. The Rams and Raiders possibly heading back to Los Angeles? Does San Diego struggle to sell tickets? Why would they be rumored?

The Chargers even in some of their best years were actually having trouble selling out the stadium. When they are an average team they have actually had trouble not having games blacked out (although now supposedly that won't happen with the new laws being passed). Throw in they have one of the older stadiums in the NFL that is falling apart and the city seems to have no interest in helping fund a new stadium. I doubt San Diego would be the team to move as the Raiders are the more logical choice at this time but I could see if Mark Davis plays hard ball the NFL giving San Diego a sweet deal and seeing them move.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers even in some of their best years were actually having trouble selling out the stadium. When they are an average team they have actually had trouble not having games blacked out (although now supposedly that won't happen with the new laws being passed). Throw in they have one of the older stadiums in the NFL that is falling apart and the city seems to have no interest in helping fund a new stadium. I doubt San Diego would be the team to move as the Raiders are the more logical choice at this time but I could see if Mark Davis plays hard ball the NFL giving San Diego a sweet deal and seeing them move.

This is all true. But I sure hope they find a way to stay in San Diego.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can deal with another LA fanbase

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true. But I sure hope they find a way to stay in San Diego.

I do too...LA Chargers just doesn't have the same ring to it...sounds more like a WNBA team in my opinion. Plus there was some talk that both the Raiders and Chargers would move to LA with one of them having to join the NFC and move one of the NFC West teams to the AFC. I hate that idea with every bone in my body. We have built up quite the rivalries over the years with both the Raiders and Chargers and would hate to see all that history disappear.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the Rams are leaving St. Louis but that was said back in 1994 before they moved from LA.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uh oh :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator: