• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teach your children to play soccer instead of football

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd kind of like to see somebody start a "how much faster is this cheetah than this guy" league. The dudes would have to wear gazelle pheromones to make it really entertaining.

Ooooohhhh, and kangaroo boxing. The Aussies are on top of their game when it comes to "weird shit" classified as a sport.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer is the sport for people not cooridinated enough to Skate and play Hockey, or able to play real football. It is an atheletically demanding sport for sure. But really watch people run up and down the field kicking a ball to end in a 1-0 game. With no big hits, no fights... Yeah not my thing. Just like Basketball not my thing. If you can't hit somebody what fun is it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^this is one bad motherfucker....I don't care what yer preferences are.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all players played like Lionel Messi, America could embrace soccer.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny as hell, I think he's a phenomenal player. My brother has a man-crush on Ronaldo (Cristiano) so therefore he has to hate everything Messi. Cracks me up. All I have to do is say, "Messi got a goal today" and he starts on a tirade about HGH, lmao.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, I disagree. In that 6:33 minute highlight reel I saw .8 seconds of scoring and 6:32.2 seconds of grown men playing keep away. America, by and large, will never embrace a sport where 99% of the game is keep away.

Case in point, the NFL has tailored every rule change to one end. Scoring more points, and making the games exciting. And their popularity has ballooned to universal peaks. Casual sports fans aren't going to watch that highlight reel, let alone an entire game, or God forbid an entire season of guys running around a ball not scoring.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I disagree. In that 6:33 minute highlight reel I saw .8 seconds of scoring and 6:32.2 seconds of grown men playing keep away. America, by and large, will never embrace a sport where 99% of the game is keep away.

Case in point, the NFL has tailored every rule change to one end. Scoring more points, and making the games exciting. And their popularity has ballooned to universal peaks. Casual sports fans aren't going to watch that highlight reel, let alone an entire game, or God forbid an entire season of guys running around a ball not scoring.

This is what you saw in that video?!

I saw a dude getting hammered left and right, but refusing to go down, with the strength and agility that few on this planet possess, all while still managing to attack and possess and dominate.

I like soccer when its played like that.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you saw in that video?!

I saw a dude getting hammered left and right, but refusing to go down, with the strength and agility that few on this planet possess, all while still managing to attack and possess and dominate.

I like soccer when its played like that.

Casual American sports fan doesn't. That was the point I was making.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sir are 100% Correct! Among all major sports there are rule changes all the time and nearly all of these rule changes (or equipment changes) are directed toward the three S's: Speed, Safety & Scoring.

It use to be said there are two types of soccer fans in America, those that play the game and their parents, and only one actually likes the game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a scoring highlight. It's highlight that shows Messi never flops. Hence the name of the highlight.

You wanna see Messi's goals? Here you go:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can your kid sing? dance? calculate complex math formuli? good liar(politician)? athletic?

if none of the above fits, teach them baseball

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hockey is a more strategic game than Soccer and it's faster with hitting, and yet it can't even over take Baseball in America.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Bingo.

I can sit here and watch this stuff all day:

I don't know much about soccer - if you were trying to defend a guy that is doing one of those tricks with his feet, or heck, no tricks but is advancing the ball at you, do you focus on the ball, the feet, the legs, the body in general, the eyes, or what? My guess is the ball, but I'd lose track. Plus, there's a chance knowing the legs help you anticipate the kick (which deception/distraction, of course, is the reason for the trick).

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hockey is a more strategic game than Soccer and it's faster with hitting, and yet it can't even over take Baseball in America.

that's cuss americans need to have the puck highlighted or they cant follow it

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think either sport is very strategic. both have set plays, but hockey is executed at a much faster pace.

Then, as usual, you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Everything in soccer is strategy.