• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Heinicke is back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can sign Allen for the league minimum when they just gave Heinicke $4M/year. I think they will have to do better than that.
they can pay him 695,000 because he isnt a total FA nor is he the typical RFA , he is an EFRA .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can pay him 695,000 because he isnt a total FA nor is he the typical RFA , he is an EFRA .
I'm not versed in the specifics of a FA vs RFA vs EFRA, but if he doesn't sign with us, he is free to sign elsewhere, right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not versed in the specifics of a FA vs RFA vs EFRA, but if he doesn't sign with us, he is free to sign elsewhere, right?
if we let him but all we have to do is pay him 695,000 and he is ours . i would pay him because it doesnt cost much and if he is cut so what ? But he is ours unless we tell him to walk

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we let him but all we have to do is pay him 695,000 and he is ours . i would pay him because it doesnt cost much and if he is cut so what ? But he is ours unless we tell him to walk
So is he under contract with us? I was under the impression that his contract expired.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that our QB lineup for next year will be Heinicke, Allen and a drafted rookie. Mac Jones would be my guess as he may very well be there when we pick at 19. I don't see Alex on this roster next year. If they do this, I am actually ok with it. Short of trading the farm for Watson, no one else really excites me enough to give up anything more than token picks.

We really didn't get a chance to see Allen play and grow into the position. However, Rivera knows Allen well and is very high on him. That should tell us something. Allen and Heinicke are very similar players, and both have to capabilities to run this offense. Don't be surprised if Allen is our starter for game 1.
There is just so much proven talent and value at 19 to take a chance on Jones or Trask.

Moses mlb Alabama
Toney wr Florida
Pitts could fall
Surtain could fall
There will be a stud LT sitting there at 19
mlb from Norte Dame
Cisco fs Syracuse

19 is actually a good spot. I just don't see the value in Mac Jones @19.

Just my opinion though. I thought Rosen would be a baller and I didn't think Herbert would do what he did.

Then again I knew Haskins was a bum, and I was right about Josh Allen.

QB is really hit and miss. I dont think we are in position as a franchise to miss on another high pick.

Haskins
Doctson
Cravens
R. Anderson

We need this pick to come in immediately and contribute. Maybe that is Mac Jones. I've been wrong before.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is he under contract with us? I was under the impression that his contract expired.
his contract is expired . but he is under our control because he is an ERFA . he can only leave if we give up our right to him with no compensation because of his TOS

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just so much proven talent and value at 19 to take a chance on Jones or Trask.

Moses mlb Alabama
Toney wr Florida
Pitts could fall
Surtain could fall
mlb from Norte Dame
Cisco fs Syracuse

Just my opinion though. I thought Rosen would be a baller and I didn't think Herbert would do what he did.

QB is really hit and miss. I dont think we are in position as a franchise to miss on another high pick.

Haskins
Doctson
Cravens
R. Anderson

We need this pick to come in immediately and contribute. Maybe that is Mac Jones. I've been wrong before.
moses at 19 is a reach , his stock is going down . . jones is a reach at 19 but if you have nothing else ?.............. trask in round 2 or 3 is an option

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moses mlb Alabama
Toney wr Florida
Pitts could fall
Surtain could fall
mlb from Norte Dame
Cisco fs Syracuse

Haskins
Doctson
Cravens
R. Anderson

I get where you are coming from. Jones' stock is going up. But all QB's stock goes up as we get closer to they draft. I'd be OK with not using 19 on a QB but shoring up other areas, like LB or WR. But I do think they need to take a QB somewhere in the first couple of rounds to begin the grooming process. This is for a few years down the road, not for this year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his contract is expired . but he is under our control because he is an ERFA . he can only leave if we give up our right to him with no compensation because of his TOS
Ah. so we have him over a barrel, so to speak. Still, i would be insulted if the team offered me a quarter of the contact they just game my teammate an yet I am the one projected to start.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you are coming from. Jones' stock is going up. But all QB's stock goes up as we get closer to they draft. I'd be OK with not using 19 on a QB but shoring up other areas, like LB or WR. But I do think they need to take a QB somewhere in the first couple of rounds to begin the grooming process. This is for a few years down the road, not for this year.
i will tell you this , for 5 qrtrs TH played qb the way we needed it played . if we get that production from anyone long term we have our qb . Not saying TH is the guy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. so we have him over a barrel, so to speak. Still, i would be insulted if the team offered me a quarter of the contact they just game my teammate an yet I am the one projected to start.
that is true however call it a "prove it " deal

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will tell you this , for 5 qrtrs TH played qb the way we needed it played . if we get that production from anyone long term we have our qb . Not saying TH is the guy
I agree. We also have to remember that both TH and Allen are relatively young in there playing experience. They both will play more consistently with more experience.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather trade for someone dynamic or stick with what we have. Mid round project QBs don't generally win SBs. I know Brady was 6th round and Montana was late, but come on.

It can be done but I'd prefer to take the road most traveled.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can sign Allen for the league minimum when they just gave Heinicke $4M/year. I think they will have to do better than that.
If I remember what dad said he is an RFA and all they have to offer is the league minimum. If another team offers more the WTF have the right of first refusal.

I am really happy for the Heiney man, they only signed him for backup money. It is huge for a guy who is where he was. I am not sure about his durability and apprently either is he. I will be rooting for him and I think it is cool he is from that football factory in Norfolk.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see him back. Maybe we are out of the QB trade sweepstakes. Do we still sign back Allen too?
Nice to see him back? He had the BEST QB rating of any QB who played the Bucs. Let me repeat myself, THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

He has more of a resume.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good deal for a kid that was living with his mom. Put this guy in a NFL weight room, and give him training time with his receivers? I dunno, I'm feeling really good about our chances to win another division or at least make the playoffs
Very nice to see him get paid.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see him back? He had the BEST QB rating of any QB who played the Bucs. Let me repeat myself, THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

ok, im excited too about him but I dont expect the next Steve Young either.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember what dad said he is an RFA and all they have to offer is the league minimum. If another team offers more the WTF have the right of first refusal.

I am really happy for the Heiney man, they only signed him for backup money. It is huge for a guy who is where he was. I am not sure about his durability and apprently either is he. I will be rooting for him and I think it is cool he is from that football factory in Norfolk.
he is an EFRA . the skins need only offer him the league min , and he is ours . we dont have to refuse anything because a team could only trade for him . in essence only we can bid on him and if we say hit the road allen then he is a total FA with us not having any rights to him whatsoever