• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Heinicke is back.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mariota is released, I would love to bring him in.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Washington for locking up Taylor Heinicke before Dak reset the QB market.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall ask again if someone can actually point me toward this mythical QB who won the Super Bowl without any great players around him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall ask again if someone can actually point me toward this mythical QB who won the Super Bowl without any great players around him.
Considering that there's an open field of metrics that can be used to prove or disprove one side or the other of this question, I'll use Super-Bowl MVPs as my metric. Let's begin by agreeing that QB's get far too much credit and not enough of the blame for wins and losses respectively, this skews how the position is valued.

In that light, there have been 56 Super-Bowl games played in history, and of those games, 31 QB's have "won" the MVP award and as such deemed the greater of the great players who took the field on each occasion. Your use of the caveat "without any great players around him" assumes that there are few "great" ones in a sport that only presents the Crème de la Crème of their craft routinely. In other words, they are all great players, which does support your point on the back end of the question.

The problem with the question happens to be no connection between the first point and the second. When asked routinely to name QB's who have "won" Super-Bowls, we can all recall some, and conduct google searches for those not instantly recalled. When asked to list great non-QB players who have played in Super-Bowls, that is an entirely different question. (the answer is all of them)