• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tannehill

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you cant blame the loss solely on Tannehill, but are you all seriously convinced he is Miamis future? He is just awful out there. He holds the ball for far too long and stay in the pocket. He has a good 4-5 seconds to get rid of it and he just holds it for the sack. He underthrows the fastest guy in the league. Wallace had his guy burned a few times only to have to stop and come back for the ball. He has wide open targets and completely misses them (yes we had receivers drop some passes), but his accuracy is terrible. Even when he hits the receiver, its behind him and the guy loses a step.

Yes the play calls were just terrible yesterday. We had the ball with 2 min and 20 seconds and 3 timeouts and we run the clock out. To me that just shows the coaches have no faith in Tannehill. Otherwise they would have gone for the score before half.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to throw Tanny under the bus...heck they could still end up 3-1 going into the bye. They at least came back in the 3rd quarter didn't quit but special teams let them down. I'm not even convinced Watkins TD wasn't a fumble and touch back...they should have took a better look instead of 10 seconds as he didn't get control back after fumbling it. Either way Tanny does have to improve but he's still young completely possible he still does as we see glimpses of it. I still draft a QB next year to compete that's compete that's only common sense with Moores contract up.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely a fumble for a touchback. i watched that frame by frame many times. I cant believe it wasnt at least reviewed by the officials.

When is the right time to switch QBs? When our season is over and we wasted another year? Im not blaming the loss on Tannehill, just saying when our defense isnt playing great and our running game has injuries and our special teams looks lackluster, you better have a solid QB that can keep you in games. And that we dont have.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not convinced he is the future, but that has nothing to do with any lack of faith I may have in him or because I may think he isnt good enough( I dont think that) - I am not convinced he is our future simply because this season is ONLY 2 GAMES OLD! It would be beyond unfair to say one way or another until AFTER the season.

As for when is the right time to switch a QB - there is no good answer to that question. But 2 games into the season is certainly not the answer. The answer isnt at some point during this season either. Fact of the matter is, he is the best option we have. Matt Moore is a career backup and he will always be that... He wont offer very much improvement at all. Some say with Tannehill we will probably go 8-8, with more we go 6-10 or less. There is a reason beyond injuries we brought extra arms in for camp, and it was because Moore just isnt even as “solid” as a backup as he once was a couple years back.

Tannehill is our guy until the bitter end of 2014-15 season

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, I respectfully disagree. Although Tannehill is obviously our starting qb @ the present moment, there's little doubt in my mind that if he were to continue down this road of 'very mediocre qb play', he will be riding some serious pine by the bye week-or shortly thereafter. Still can't connect on deep routes, throwing behind his receivers, the inability (still after 2+ yrs) to simply throw the ball away to avoid a sack.....all very valid reasons to sit your supposed 'franchise qb'. This coaching staff has made it pretty clear that winning football games is the primary goal. If they really believe Moore offers the best opportunity to make that happen, Tannehill will absolutely be demoted. I'm beginning to think Tanny was just another busted pick in a very long line of busted picks by this franchise that clearly cannot properly evaluate talent. Parcels and Ireland single handedly made this once proud franchise a laughing stock. Bring in John Gruden and be done with it.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Dolphins view him as their “franchise QB” just yet, its a work in progress - they know it and so should others.

If Tannehill isnt the answer, they should probably ride it out - even if their primary goal is winning now, because Matt Moore will just not do a better job at this point in his career... If Tannehill is not the guy, ride it out and seek help at the draft.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell and in quite a few cases it takes time for a QB to mature. Way too early to give up now. Plus this game wasn't all his fault yes he missed a few plays but what about the drops by Miller, what about the kick return TD, what about the oline stumbling, etc...that's all on Tanny too???

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really was a fan of him. could have gone after Wilson or Foles with lower draft pick. Think it is another example of a long list of crappy first round draft picks by Dolphins.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell and in quite a few cases it takes time for a QB to mature. Way too early to give up now. Plus this game wasn't all his fault yes he missed a few plays but what about the drops by Miller, what about the kick return TD, what about the oline stumbling, etc...that's all on Tanny too???
No, all the ridiculous miscues against the bills were not solely on Tannehill-obviously....Howeva, really just look at how horrible most of his passes were in that game. Throwing behind his receivers, overthrowing Wallace (quickly becoming a pretty normal trend in south beach btw), just really pathetic qb play. If you watched the Bills game, then quickly watched ANY game from his rookie season, you would not know which game was from his rookie season. Has he improved ANY from 2 seasons ago? Maybe very slightly if any at all....I've seen enough. Bring on Moore....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still to early my friend remember guys like Smith, Rogers, Brees, etc....took some time. You just don't throw that away. definitely next year you draft a QB early if we don't see improvement but not now as we have seen glimpses of what he can do.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still to early my friend remember guys like Smith, Rogers, Brees, etc....took some time. You just don't throw that away. definitely next year you draft a QB early if we don't see improvement but not now as we have seen glimpses of what he can do.

Agreed. He looked good against the Raiders and he's clearly improving.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill looked like a franchise QB vs Oakland. Against the Pats he was also good enough to win. He's always had the talent. In the Oakland game he was hitting players in stride with his passes. He had very few inaccurate throws the entire game. I think that Bill Lazor's offensive scheme suits Tannehill well. It was good to see him run a few times to keep the defense guessing. He has the athletic ability to roll out of the pocket and hit open receivers including the RB's. He doesn't have to thread the needle with every throw in this type of offense. Also, the receivers were catching nearly everything vs the Raiders. When that happens the Fins are very tough to beat. The Fins ran the ball well and that helped the passing game also.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep its a team game and you can't blow it up when things go sour after a game or two. Look at the division just after one week Tanny has the best QB rating. They just need to keep things level and they'll be fine and so do the fans....