• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talk about hitting the reset button....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he needs to do something different to reach the next level. His offenses just aren't delivering

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem. I have no faith Petersen can actually fix the offense because of his loyalty and desire to pick from people he knows instead of the national talent pool of offensive minds.

Unfortunately I agree. Also it's the same playbook and offensive scheme we had under Jonathan Smith, just a different guy calling the plays which makes me think that Petersen is stubborn about this scheme and wants to continue running it.

Given our national exposure and talent we should be a strong destination for any strong offensive mind looking to use UW as a launching pad to a head coaching position, yet Petersen would rather hire a QBs coach from the Atlanta Falcons who has never called a game in his life.

At this point I wouldn't even bother calling for Hamden's head because I have minimal confidence in who he'd hire as a replacement.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he needs to do something different to reach the next level. His offenses just aren't delivering

It's frustrating because I don't believe it's going to work out. His hiring of Hamden is the equivalent of a CEO hiring someone who interned for you a few years and had been working as a Starbucks manager as your CFO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I agree. Also it's the same playbook and offensive scheme we had under Jonathan Smith, just a different guy calling the plays which makes me think that Petersen is stubborn about this scheme and wants to continue running it.

Given our national exposure and talent we should be a strong destination for any strong offensive mind looking to use UW as a launching pad to a head coaching position, yet Petersen would rather hire a QBs coach from the Atlanta Falcons who has never called a game in his life.

At this point I wouldn't even bother calling for Hamden's head because I have minimal confidence in who he'd hire as a replacement.
See, I don't entirely agree here though. They can keep the same scheme and still win. I'm not sure the scheme alone is the problem. It is the lack of depth of adjustment game to game and play by play in a game that's killing them. It's not having the depth of understanding of the scheme more than the scheme itself IMO. He needs to find someone that can run the thing with his scheme, but do it at a masters class level, not JV. That's all we've seen so far from his first two OC's.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I don't entirely agree here though. They can keep the same scheme and still win. I'm not sure the scheme alone is the problem. It is the lack of depth of adjustment game to game and play by play in a game that's killing them. It's not having the depth of understanding of the scheme more than the scheme itself IMO. He needs to find someone that can run the thing with his scheme, but do it at a masters class level, not JV. That's all we've seen so far from his first two OC's.

I get what your saying, its like when they run the wildcat twice in the 1st half and average 1.5 yds and then they come back and run it again in the 2nd half only when the defense is now dropping 9 in the box

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a fair disagreement and I do agree that part of the issue is adjustments. I think there will be disagreements with me on this but I really loved the offensive scheme that Steve Sarkisian ran at UW. Keith Taylor put up good numbers and for all of Sankey and Polk's accomplishments, I feel like there is more talent at just about every position on offense than there was back then.

There's just something I find gimmicky about how many pre-snap motions and formation resets that the Huskies use pre-snap. Also whenever the Huskies run a 2-TE set it becomes obvious to the defense that it's likely to be a run or a play action with a shot downfield.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what your saying, its like when they run the wildcat twice in the 1st half and average 1.5 yds and then they come back and run it again in the 2nd half only when the defense is now dropping 9 in the box

My issue with their usage of the wildcat is that it's so predictable. 90% of the time it's just a run up the middle. Also if you hand it off to the WR in motion, that's a bit risky and having the HB throw the ball is even more risky.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with their usage of the wildcat is that it's so predictable. 90% of the time it's just a run up the middle. Also if you hand it off to the WR in motion, that's a bit risky and having the HB throw the ball is even more risky.

yeah you can basically get two plays out of it wedge run ( middle) or the fly sweep ( WR)
I don’t understand why the use it so much cause their oline is more zone scheme then one on one maulers