• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talk about hitting the reset button....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never turned a Dawgs game off before or walked out of Husky stadium no matter how bad they are getting beaten, but last night I turned that crap off in the 2nd quarter and was flat out pissed.

This team acts like it's Petersen's first season! They are 9 games into the season and there is no progression.
It amazes me the lack of urgency this team doesn't have. You are 5-4 and looking the Las Vegas Bowl and their is no sense of embarrassment or will to prove they are better then their record.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still don't have an offensive identity that matches their personnel. From week to week you just don't see them game planning on that side of the ball. The D is developing and shows growth.

Their best year on offense was Browning's freshman season and that purely because Ross and Pettis had great seasons and they had some good balance in the run game.

Again, the fucking announcers with the 'he throws the ball too hard' bullshit with those drops. At least 3 drops last night were not rocket throws.

I trolled AG a bit about Eason going into the season, but said all offseason if there really was a battle for that position it meant Eason had problems because there's no other reason that would be a position battle given his size and arm strength. We knew we were trading the odd stupid pick for that real downfield threat. And it's still one worth taking, IF YOUR RECEIVERS CAN CATCH A FUCKING BALL.

The run game early last night was a mixed bag, but look uninspired. Their plan appeared to be nothing more than run the same 2-3 looks inside and hope you would out physical them. How many outside runs did they have in that first half? Like 2 maybe?

The WR coach needs to be fired. Right fucking now today. There's just no excuse for the continued drops. So many times they are looking at their next step and not focusing on the catch and that's coaching. There were a couple of drops last night that were just a mix of coverage or were a tough catch anyway, but the others were just derp.

If this team had a true offensive mind they would be unstoppable. They've wasted some seriously top flight defense on sputtering and uninspired bullshit on the other side of the ball.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole season doesn't make any sense at all.

Sometimes it's almost like they give this impression this is their first coaching gig.
Both sides of the ball has zero identity. Are you a running team? Are you a true read option offense? Are you seriously send your QB out there on 1st down and having him throw the ball as far as he can and hope one of the butter finger receivers ( you recruited) catches the ball?

Defense wise, I think its time for coach K to take back the unit. Lake is a hell of a DB coach and that's were his focus should be on

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that D did just pitch a shutout against an offense that had scored pretty well against quite a few Pac12 teams. I did see a couple of blunders in the middle, but they looked a lot more like what we expect of a UW defense and it was on the road.

I'd say if the offense was carrying anything close to their share of the load, no one would be talking about changes on that defense.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im specking for the entire season about this defense. To be fair to the offense there has been times when they have gotten the lead and the defense couldn't hang on to it.

And there really hasn't been any sign that the defense has progressed after a lose since they keep going out and still miss tackles and get caught in the wrong coverage or cant read a simple screen play...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never turned a Dawgs game off before or walked out of Husky stadium no matter how bad they are getting beaten, but last night I turned that crap off in the 2nd quarter and was flat out pissed.

This team acts like it's Petersen's first season! They are 9 games into the season and there is no progression.
It amazes me the lack of urgency this team doesn't have. You are 5-4 and looking the Las Vegas Bowl and their is no sense of embarrassment or will to prove they are better then their record.

I will say that was one of the weirder UW games I've watched in recent years. The defense had an amazing performance against a team that by most metrics had a top 25 offense. On the other hand the offense - aside from Ahmed - was completely inept against a very poor defense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still don't have an offensive identity that matches their personnel. From week to week you just don't see them game planning on that side of the ball. The D is developing and shows growth.

Their best year on offense was Browning's freshman season and that purely because Ross and Pettis had great seasons and they had some good balance in the run game.

Again, the fucking announcers with the 'he throws the ball too hard' bullshit with those drops. At least 3 drops last night were not rocket throws.

I trolled AG a bit about Eason going into the season, but said all offseason if there really was a battle for that position it meant Eason had problems because there's no other reason that would be a position battle given his size and arm strength. We knew we were trading the odd stupid pick for that real downfield threat. And it's still one worth taking, IF YOUR RECEIVERS CAN CATCH A FUCKING BALL.

The run game early last night was a mixed bag, but look uninspired. Their plan appeared to be nothing more than run the same 2-3 looks inside and hope you would out physical them. How many outside runs did they have in that first half? Like 2 maybe?

The WR coach needs to be fired. Right fucking now today. There's just no excuse for the continued drops. So many times they are looking at their next step and not focusing on the catch and that's coaching. There were a couple of drops last night that were just a mix of coverage or were a tough catch anyway, but the others were just derp.

If this team had a true offensive mind they would be unstoppable. They've wasted some seriously top flight defense on sputtering and uninspired bullshit on the other side of the ball.

I frequently bitch about the announcers/commentators, but whoever the guys calling the game on FS1 for the Huskies seemed to know absolutely nothing about football or either team aside from knowing how to pronounce names. It was almost impressive how little they knew about UW, Oregon State and football in general. The lack of preparation/knowledge by those guys in the booth would get most people fired in many professions. They sounded like a bunch of guys who showed up to an exam without having attended class or opened a textbook.

I understand the "throwing the ball too hard" argument on some situations, but I agree that most of the drops weren't due to the ball just getting to the players before they anticipated it. Even then, D1 players should be able to adjust and by this point should be used to how Eason throws the ball from all of the practice reps they've had with him.

Not sure if it's the fault of Junior Adams or the coaching staff that the receivers have been dropping passes. I think that falls on the players not concentrating more than the coaching staff. Don't know how much coaching can improve concentration and situational awareness.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole season doesn't make any sense at all.

Sometimes it's almost like they give this impression this is their first coaching gig.
Both sides of the ball has zero identity. Are you a running team? Are you a true read option offense? Are you seriously send your QB out there on 1st down and having him throw the ball as far as he can and hope one of the butter finger receivers ( you recruited) catches the ball?

Defense wise, I think its time for coach K to take back the unit. Lake is a hell of a DB coach and that's were his focus should be on

This season definitely has been really confusing. The defense has been meh all season then has an incredible game on the road against a pretty good offense? Eason picks apart an Oregon defense then seemingly looks lost against Oregon State?

I will say that there should be no read option plays when the QB has no ability to run and IMO doesn't have a great ability to read a defense and stares down his primary receiver.

Some of the deep throws that Eason made were just stupid. From what I recall, when Eason threw it deep there frequently wasn't separation and to me it appeared as if he was just throwing it up there hoping the WR would make a play.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Eason is back for another season, I don’t think these QBs jump ship for a one and done for Eason.

If he does come back Bush needs to adjust the playbook to a NFL style . They need to take advantage of this kids arm and being able to put the ball into tight windows, these younger wide outs can fly so why not adjust mix in the power run game and the quick passes puts defenses on their heels

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not sure which defense is better, Utah's or Washington's…both disarmed my offense with surgical precision.

oregon's defense is no where near what the two above-mentioned teams have.

so there is that to build on...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Eason is back for another season, I don’t think these QBs jump ship for a one and done for Eason.

If he does come back Bush needs to adjust the playbook to a NFL style . They need to take advantage of this kids arm and being able to put the ball into tight windows, these younger wide outs can fly so why not adjust mix in the power run game and the quick passes puts defenses on their heels
First, they need to change out OC and not have Bush running the offense.
Second, while they haven't used Eason to his abilities, he's also shown he isn't nearly as consistently accurate on the intermediate routes as you'd like for throwing into tight windows.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won’t dump Bush two years in. We all know he’s loyal to his staff and his players we’ve seen already.

As for Eason I think he can be put on a tight leash and get his foot work dialed in better and his eyes ( both need at the next level) if Coach Pete sat Jacob and his family down and said what ever the QB coach says do it would be a huge thing for Eason

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do whatever you want at QB. If you have the same vanilla, no adaptive, uninspired offense that fails to adjust to the changes in personnel you aren't going to see substantial improvement.

I say this every week while yelling at my TV, but why the fuck aren't we seeing more and more of the younger receivers as those vets he wants to stick with are dropping more and more balls and killing more of our games? What the hell do they have to lose getting those kids more snaps?

You've already lost every goal you had at the start of the season. Play the younger kids. Get a head start on next year. Get more snaps on the O line to the kids behind them. Give more to the young LB's and take your lumps.

Don't wait for next year to start to hit that reset button. Hit the fucker right now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not sure which defense is better, Utah's or Washington's…both disarmed my offense with surgical precision.

oregon's defense is no where near what the two above-mentioned teams have.

so there is that to build on...

UW's defense played an amazing game against Oregon State and I honestly expected Oregon State to put up at least 28 points on offense. It was a weird game because I would've anticipated that UW's offense would wreck the Beaver defense and the Oregon State offense would keep things competitive. This was by far the best game the defense has played against a competent offense this year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do whatever you want at QB. If you have the same vanilla, no adaptive, uninspired offense that fails to adjust to the changes in personnel you aren't going to see substantial improvement.

I say this every week while yelling at my TV, but why the fuck aren't we seeing more and more of the younger receivers as those vets he wants to stick with are dropping more and more balls and killing more of our games? What the hell do they have to lose getting those kids more snaps?

You've already lost every goal you had at the start of the season. Play the younger kids. Get a head start on next year. Get more snaps on the O line to the kids behind them. Give more to the young LB's and take your lumps.

Don't wait for next year to start to hit that reset button. Hit the fucker right now.

I agree 100% !

But their mentality is they don't want to burn the red shirts, which makes no sense in today's game.
I don't get it either Wiz, its like they are afraid of take this thing to the next level...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. As much as I love Chris Petersen, he needs to take his hands off the offense and start letting the younger guys play more. They waited around half the season to get Puka Nacua involved and as a true freshman he immediately made a huge impact.

Marquis Spiker also has two impressive catches in crucial situations and yet he's still not seeing many snaps. I just find it hard to believe that the freshmen/redshirt freshman are so behind on learning the offense that the coaches can justifiably continue playing guys who aren't getting open and dropping passes. If the offense is too complicated for young players then there is something wrong with the scheme or something wrong with the coaches.

As much as I want Bush Hamden replaced, I worry that the replacement would be an internal hire (Junior Adams) or one of "his guys" that will just run the same offense we've seen since day one.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% !

But their mentality is they don't want to burn the red shirts, which makes no sense in today's game.
I don't get it either Wiz, its like they are afraid of take this thing to the next level...

Well said. Elite programs don't worry about burning redshirts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want Bush Hamden replaced, I worry that the replacement would be an internal hire (Junior Adams) or one of "his guys" that will just run the same offense we've seen since day one.
That's the problem. I have no faith Petersen can actually fix the offense because of his loyalty and desire to pick from people he knows instead of the national talent pool of offensive minds.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a trust level with Pete I don’t think he would hire outside his coaching tree