• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib Not Worth It

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is gonna want a big pay day and he is not worth it

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its more about how much years he signs for and how much guaranteed money he gets. id be all for a 3 year contract

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is our #1 target in FA countryroads. especially if Hall leaves.

SeanTaylor21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need another corner badly...but i'd be oppossed to getting Talib if we could get Captain Munnerlyn and let's say sam shield or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for Talibs price. Talibs a great corner but we do need depth in the worse way. But if Talib's asking price is reasonable then hey, go for it...assuming Richard Crawford can come back healthy and Chase Minnifield steps up in the offseason. Josh Wilson and E.J. Biggers might be gone, well should be gone.

Hail!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thoughtful question..............When did Talib become a free agent target for this team??

If he's as good as some say, he would be smart to accept an offer close to what's being offered here (unless we're back to overpaying which I doubt) from a team that seems or are closer to a SB than 3-13.

Note to myself: How quickly they forget D. Sanders

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant compare Sanders to talib. The ages are totally different. talib has ties to Bruce Allen from his tampa days. IF we can get Talib for 7 mil a season that would be huge. Talib is the best FA CB out there. We need a Cb badly. We should have tons of money to spend. That is why he is a FA target.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant compare Sanders to talib. The ages are totally different. talib has ties to Bruce Allen from his tampa days. IF we can get Talib for 7 mil a season that would be huge. Talib is the best FA CB out there. We need a Cb badly. We should have tons of money to spend. That is why he is a FA target.

Dude, what are you talking about? Allen was gone from Tampa before Talib got there. Oh, and no one was fond of Talib during his stay in Tampa. He got arrested numerous times, got into numerous fights with teammates and team officials and got suspended for banned substances. If anything, I'm sure Allen is saying stay away from this guy. He's one strike away from a year long ban. And you want to sign him to a long term deal at $7m per year. Maybe he and Tanyard Jackson can share a room together at training camp.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thoughtful question..............When did Talib become a free agent target for this team??

If he's as good as some say, he would be smart to accept an offer close to what's being offered here (unless we're back to overpaying which I doubt) from a team that seems or are closer to a SB than 3-13.

Note to myself: How quickly they forget D. Sanders

If he's remotely affordable, he doesn't leave New England, and they'll probably go higher than the 7 mil/year someone here mentioned.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you're looking at this differently than I. The comparison relates to coming to DC to get paid, not to play. Acquiring the "best CB in Free agency" compares EXACTLY to Deion Sanders and what he did for Washington after signing a huge contract. Be careful what you ask for....the reputation that this team can be had for major dollars on minimum return is not a distant enough memory to spend on this guy for this system (more zone than man....less read than react). Seems to me everyone wants this guy based on what he's doing in N.E. and not taking the step to imagine him in Haslets system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's remotely affordable, he doesn't leave New England, and they'll probably go higher than the 7 mil/year someone here mentioned.

AGREED!!!!!!

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its that redskins buccaneers connection

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my question was /is why would he leave a contender like the pats for some scrubs in DC ?

we arent getting talib for 7 mil if you guys offer that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what are you talking about? Allen was gone from Tampa before Talib got there. Oh, and no one was fond of Talib during his stay in Tampa. He got arrested numerous times, got into numerous fights with teammates and team officials and got suspended for banned substances. If anything, I'm sure Allen is saying stay away from this guy. He's one strike away from a year long ban. And you want to sign him to a long term deal at $7m per year. Maybe he and Tanyard Jackson can share a room together at training camp.

jy is right character counts :agree:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is gonna want a big pay day and he is not worth it

If we can sign Byrd or another above average/elite FA on the defensive side of the ball, I'm all for it.
If we keep the same DE's and Safeties, Talib will NOT look like the same guy.
He is playing with a front 7 that is very, very good and athletic. Their front 3 can generate pressure, ours can't.
So in that sense I'd agree...He's not worth it. There are plenty of other slightly cheaper options

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can sign Byrd or another above average/elite FA on the defensive side of the ball, I'm all for it.
If we keep the same DE's and Safeties, Talib will NOT look like the same guy.
He is playing with a front 7 that is very, very good and athletic. Their front 3 can generate pressure, ours can't.
So in that sense I'd agree...He's not worth it. There are plenty of other slightly cheaper options

That aren't head cases.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins were going after talib last year but they didn't have the money to put the deal together b/c of the cap penalty. So if they were interested last year then why wouldn't they be this year?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they were going after him last year?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was reported last off season. I don't have the link. He took the 1 year 5 mil deal to stay with NE b/c he wanted to stay with a contender. He had an awesome year and now he want to get paid. The Patriots never pay players but we do.