• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Takeo Spikes

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible reunion with the 49ers in the rumor mill. He wants a starting job, but might play as a backup for a contender. He is a 15 year veteran, but that guy is a stud and still has something left.

Thoughts?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the guys really liked him. Still never played in a playoff game either. If he comes cheap I would go for it, although I think the roster is gonna be kind of log jammed in a couple areas.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible reunion with the 49ers in the rumor mill. He wants a starting job, but might play as a backup for a contender. He is a 15 year veteran, but that guy is a stud and still has something left.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind it but see no way he fits on our team now. He doesn't play STs and Whilote & Moody have been playing pretty well plus both will be counted on STs

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind it but see no way he fits on our team now. He doesn't play STs and Whilote & Moody have been playing pretty well plus both will be counted on STs

Takeo is a great leader, but at this stage in his career, I'm just not sure how much he has left in the tank to help us. Plus like you stated, he doesn't play ST and all of our backup LB's need to be able to contribute on Special Teams. If we were to go the free agent route, I rather wait until Larry Grant's 4 game suspension is over and then sign him; until then, I rather stick with the young guys and see what they can bring to the table.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's cursed!

If we bring him on the team we'll miss the playoffs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Michael Wilhoite played pretty well against the Chiefs. Good in run support & coverage.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Wilhoite played pretty well against the Chiefs. Good in run support & coverage.

and didn't he play well against Denver too?

they'll sign Spikes if the injury bug hits these young LB's now, otherwise continue with these guys in pre-season.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Spikes as a player

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the guys really liked him. Still never played in a playoff game either. If he comes cheap I would go for it, although I think the roster is gonna be kind of log jammed in a couple areas.

Were we trying to retain him and he left for a better chance in his mind for playoffs or was he asking to much/long and we declined? He could have stated one more year and go with us. I like him but its kind of tough luck. Stick with us! Just kidding, do what you think is best for your career or family (location-wise, etc.).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of the players who have 50+ snaps or more in the preseason, there hasn't been a player on the team who has impressed me more in the preseason than Wilhoite. With that said, Takeo Spikes is one of my all-time favorite athletes in any sport. I'd still probably root against signing him at this point.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were we trying to retain him and he left for a better chance in his mind for playoffs or was he asking to much/long and we declined? He could have stated one more year and go with us. I like him but its kind of tough luck. Stick with us! Just kidding, do what you think is best for your career or family (location-wise, etc.).

No, he wanted to start and Navarro Bowman was ready to take his place and so he left to start on the Chargers rather than be a backup here. You can blame a seasoned veteran for wanting a starting gig rather than play backup. At least thats how I understood it.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the players who have 50+ snaps or more in the preseason, there hasn't been a player on the team who has impressed me more in the preseason than Wilhoite. With that said, Takeo Spikes is one of my all-time favorite athletes in any sport. I'd still probably root against signing him at this point.

That just about covers it for me as well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was a big fan of Spikes when he was here - and not just because the dude looks like a comic book villain. But I like what we've got at ILB right now. Great starters, and a couple promising younger guys who excel on STs. I'm not interesting in adding a player 10+ years into his career at this point, unless say Reggie Wayne is cut.