• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T.O. called the Cowboys about playing this year, was not joking apparently.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Owens: Former NFL Player Says He Had Agent Reach Out to Dallas Cowboys About Joining Team
Owens said on the "Rich Eisen Show" that he had his agent call the Cowboys after wide receiver Dez Bryant suffered an injury. Owens played with current Cowboys players Tony Romo and Jason Witten.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time Terrell Owens took the field for an NFL team, he actually wasn't half bad. He was just a shell of his former self during his time with the Bengals in 2010, but he still managed to catch 72 balls for 983 yards and nine touchdowns.

That was FIVE years, though, so it's kind of crazy to hear that T.O. is still talking about possibly making a comeback in the NFL. During an interview with Rich Eisen yesterday, the former star wide receiver—who is 41 and almost eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame at this point—revealed that he had his agent reach out to the Cowboysrecently to see if they'd be interested in signing him after losing Dez Bryant to injury. T.O. told Eisen that he promises he would be on his best behavior with the Cowboys this time around, which wasn't always the case when he was playing for Dallas from 2006 through 2008.

"We all know what happened when I was there," he said, "and there were some things said where it may have fractured the relationship between myself and [Jason] Witten and [Tony] Romo. Time has passed, and hopefully they know that I've moved on beyond that, and maybe hopefully they have. But for me, it's all about giving myself an opportunity. That's all I ever really wanted."

Uhhhhhhh…what? *checks calendar*

Listen, T.O. was a great football player, and he probably has tons of insight to offer to young guys in the NFL right now. But the idea of an NFL team signing him to play football in 2015 is insane. And whileJerry Jones is not above doing crazy things, signing T.O. would be too much, even by his standards.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not sure what you expect to happen? TO still believes he can play just like Moss has said he hasn't ruled out a comeback to the NFL. The greats always want to keep playing so it shouldn't be a surprise that he would call a former team where he had great success and see if they would consider him. When you throw in TO having money problems it makes even more sense that he would at least try.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again not sure what you expect to happen? TO still believes he can play just like Moss has said he hasn't ruled out a comeback to the NFL. The greats always want to keep playing so it shouldn't be a surprise that he would call a former team where he had great success and see if they would consider him. When you throw in TO having money problems it makes even more sense that he would at least try.
the last time he played i was married.