• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sweet 16 is Set

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with UVA was, and will always be if they continue this style, that in games they find themselves behind in they are not equipped to speed up their offense and score more. Their efficiency numbers will always be solid because they play from in front, force turnovers and limit possessions. Its a great way to win but it limits your ability to win a TOURNAMENT because invariably you are going to find yourself behind in 1/2/3 games during that tournament and if you cant change pace of play then you cant win. I am concerned about this for UK as well ( though to a far lesser extent ). UK has shown the ability to come back this year BUT they also havent been in that positiontoo many times and frequently when in that spot their comebacks have been just as much a result of their oppositions mistakes as they have been the Cats great plays. Of course UK is so talented they may never face that situation BUT I feel like they will at least 1 time in the tourney and a team that has never faced a giant adversity or suffered defeat may find the monent too big wehn it means the end of their season. We shall see.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with UVA was, and will always be if they continue this style, that in games they find themselves behind in they are not equipped to speed up their offense and score more. Their efficiency numbers will always be solid because they play from in front, force turnovers and limit possessions. Its a great way to win but it limits your ability to win a TOURNAMENT because invariably you are going to find yourself behind in 1/2/3 games during that tournament and if you cant change pace of play then you cant win. I am concerned about this for UK as well ( though to a far lesser extent ). UK has shown the ability to come back this year BUT they also havent been in that positiontoo many times and frequently when in that spot their comebacks have been just as much a result of their oppositions mistakes as they have been the Cats great plays. Of course UK is so talented they may never face that situation BUT I feel like they will at least 1 time in the tourney and a team that has never faced a giant adversity or suffered defeat may find the monent too big wehn it means the end of their season. We shall see.
How's the eyes treating you?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the eyes treating you?
Pretty shitty but I got a new screen at work that I have maximized to about 400% so I can at least read it fairly well now. Not driving anymore but my GF gets me to and fro. All in all shit could be worse I guess. LOL. Thanks for asking!!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty shitty but I got a new screen at work that I have maximized to about 400% so I can at least read it fairly well now. Not driving anymore but my GF gets me to and fro. All in all shit could be worse I guess. LOL. Thanks for asking!!
Glad to see you are able to still post here. You post some well supported arguments most times.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like UNC will be with out Meeks. This hurts big time. I don't see UNC winning now. I feel like UNC always gets a big injury in March Madness.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like UNC will be with out Meeks. This hurts big time. I don't see UNC winning now. I feel like UNC always gets a big injury in March Madness.
That sucks

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had problems in that knee even before the game, right?

stopwow673

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't particularly like him, but I can't hate him because of the 3/4 court shot Miles Simon made to beat Cinci back in '96. I was under the basket he sank it in!!!

So, we're square.

Speaking of long game winning field goals, what were the longest ones in the NCAA tournament? I remember a half-court shot this year in a conference tournament (or near half-court). I also remember a half-court shot to win the WAC, perhaps in the 1990s. In 2010, Butler almost had a long one from half-court.