• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUV Choice

Type of SUV??

• 4-Runner

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explorer

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Audi Q7

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Traverse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CR V

• Other

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Pathfinder

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murano is only slightly larger than the rogue but they don’t try to cram as much seating in there. A bigger emphasis is placed on comfort. Might also look at something the a Subaru cross trek or outback.

My parents have the Murano.. Alway felt cramped in the back seat. Granted my parents have long legs and so do I, but still..

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents have the Murano.. Alway felt cramped in the back seat. Granted my parents have long legs and so do I, but still..

I feel the same way in most smaller SUV’s.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought my lady a Subaru Forester. I guess it is a "crossover" SUV. Pretty damn roomy. All the bells and whistles including the Subaru "eyes" (two cameras that asses lane drifting and are supposed to stop you from slamming into someone as well as "adaptive cruise control" in which you don't have to brake or hit gas, the car monitors traffic for you.)
Heated leather seats, adaptive AWD (supposedly one of the best out there) backup camera, pretty good stereo and a large "moon roof". Very roomy.

One of the best crash ratings available. If I was buying for myself I would have gotten the turbo engine that makes 250 HP. As is it is -170. Good enough for her, but my car is a Challenger and I think I would need a little more HP...

Seems like a great car and it would seem and she should be able to drive it for many years to come. I have friends that have Subaru's and they seem to last forever.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually I will be getting rid of my 2008 Nissan Altima SE. Currently has almost 170K on it. I live in the Boston area, so I know can't really get anything "big" but I was thinking about getting some sort of SUV.

Now my ideal vehicle would be a F-150 but that isn't going to happen so the next logical choice is an SUV.

So what say you?

I voted Explorer because mine has 210k and I still love it.
Expedition otherwise.

They might not hold value to a penny like a Toyota, but they are just as tough as a daily driver, tougher as a contractors vehicle, and are more economical initially.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought a 2018 Equinox.....2.0 turbo...we pared down from a Buick Enclave since we are only 2 people....nice vehicle, my biggest beef is the small gas tank. Comfortable seats for drives, very nice ride

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercedes R63. Look it up!

If you see one, I want it.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've driven pretty much everything now, and been studying the prices for a while. I think i have it narrowed down to 4 SUV's, now it just needs one to be fairly local and I'll buy the first one I get a great deal on.

Mazda cx-9 - I mostly stopped looking at 3 row stuff they mostly just felt huge. This one didn't feel as big.
Acura MDX - I still just love this one.
Lincoln MKX - the Ford Edge, but with a nicer interior. Pretty much same price used...
Lincoln MKT - The Ford Flex is fucking hideous, but you can get that 3.5 ecoboost. The MKT isn't pretty, but it's much better than the Flex, it's also got a much nicer interior. Still got that 3.5 ecoboost though.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because I've spent so much time on this thread vehemently defending the Jeep brand...

I simply pointed out that you're a dipshit, as people often do here. You're the one talking about my manhood. So you can stop wondering; I shave my balls.

Unless you use a straight razor, your manhood is still in question.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought 3 Jeeps, all 6 poppers and they lasted 13 years each for me. My Cherokee Trailhawk is pretty fast. I am thinking about getting a Wrangler in a couple years or a full sized truck although I have a 98 Chevy 4x4 in great shape with just 103,000 miles on it. Since I'll never get to own another motorcycle per the wife, a Wrangler with no top is the next best thing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cars for Sale: Used 1996 Ford Bronco XLT for sale in Springboro, OH 45066: Sport Utility Details - 465310419 - Autotrader

43594807136.465310419.IM1.MAIN.1000x666_A.1000x750.jpg

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is all wet over that one.

I am very interested, there are 4 models I would get second from bottom as I am not a big fan of leather seats.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've driven pretty much everything now, and been studying the prices for a while. I think i have it narrowed down to 4 SUV's, now it just needs one to be fairly local and I'll buy the first one I get a great deal on.

Mazda cx-9 - I mostly stopped looking at 3 row stuff they mostly just felt huge. This one didn't feel as big.
Acura MDX - I still just love this one.
Lincoln MKX - the Ford Edge, but with a nicer interior. Pretty much same price used...
Lincoln MKT - The Ford Flex is fucking hideous, but you can get that 3.5 ecoboost. The MKT isn't pretty, but it's much better than the Flex, it's also got a much nicer interior. Still got that 3.5 ecoboost though.

I bought none of these. Guess it wasn't as narrowed down as I thought.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the new Subaru Ascent I have been doing a lot of research and I think it shows some promise. So it's built on the Subaru Global platform and will come with a 2.4 liter turbo, Subaru has been putting some pretty awesome turbos in some pretty bad ass cars for a while. Reviews that I have read state the engine is quite capable off the line but is a bit sluggish passing on the highway, would not be an issue for me the way I drive but it will for some. I have to wonder if this is the fault of the turbo set up, or what I suspect the CVT. One thing I do not like about CVTs is they seem to lack the quick pickup at cruising speeds, I guess because there is no knock down gear.

Towing is set at 5000 pounds, I do not tow anything so again not an issue for me but I would be suspect. If you are towing 5000 pounds with a full size SUV and a 4 Cyl turbo with a CVT I think it's fair to question how well it would tow.

Safety we all know Subaru is a safe vehicle and all models come with Subaru Eyesight and Starlink I believe. From a safety stand point it's top of the class. They have done a great job with the technology packages something Subaru lacked for years. The top of the class comes with a Bad Ass audio system the rest lack luster run of the mill audio but can be upgraded as an option.

I like the fact that past the base model you have an option for two Captain seats in the second row vs the bench seat. I would likely keep the third row folded down all the time.

I plan to buy a new vehicle for travel in about a year and have narrowed down to the Ascent Premium package and the Highlander LE Plus V6. The wife and I like to travel and like room when we travel and I like to Subaru Cross Rail system that allows you to fold in the cross rails when not in use and deploy them when needed. Pretty sure the Ascent is preferred because I can toss a Thule cargo box on the top and have all the room I would ever need.

Food For Thought.