• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surprising Movies

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching movies (and shows) that I have never heard about and know nothing about. I actually hate watching previews and do not like reading reviews...

My wife brought home "Drive" (probably because it had some hunky guy on the DVD cover)... I reluctantly sat with her to watch it... I was pleasantly surprised many time during the film... Lots of action, a good story, and some very surprising gore... (We later noticed that the library had put a sticker over the hammer on the DVD cover - which I found very amusing!)

Anyone else have movies they were pleasantly surprised with?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimate surprise movie: me and my friend went to blockbuster(this was a while ago) we wanted to see rush hour(i think it was rush hour), so we rented it... low and behold when we got back home and put the DVD in it was not rush hour it was Coyote Ugly... And we actually enjoyed it... 2 think 2 straight men watching a chick flick together and enjoying it...

Another surprise movie for me was Mystery team... Was not expecting anything from this low budget comedy but I loved it... Probably one of my favorite comedies ever...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sessions
Hesher
Safety Not Guaranteed
Robot and Frank

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sessions
Hesher
Safety Not Guaranteed
Robot and Frank

I saw Hesher in the theater with my bro and loved it. SNG was great too and was filmed at Ocean Shores where we take weekend vacations every now and then.

I also really liked Martha Marcy May Marlene, completely original psychological thriller. The Iceman, We Need To Talk About Kevin, Mud and Neds were all great recent movies too.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes try and find something to watch with my 12-year old son. Last weekend I read the description of "Life of Pi" and we ended up watching that. We both thought it was a really good story and a very well made movie. Cinematography was particularly outstanding. I had never heard of it before, but I later learned that it had won a number of awards, so it might not be as "surprising" to others as it was to me. LOL

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching movies (and shows) that I have never heard about and know nothing about. I actually hate watching previews and do not like reading reviews...

My wife brought home "Drive" (probably because it had some hunky guy on the DVD cover)... I reluctantly sat with her to watch it... I was pleasantly surprised many time during the film... Lots of action, a good story, and some very surprising gore... (We later noticed that the library had put a sticker over the hammer on the DVD cover - which I found very amusing!)

Lol drive was actually extremely critically acclaimed

You were clueless going in?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arlington Road

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I can remember that I hadn't heard and comes to mind at this moment was Seven Pounds. It was suggested to me, I tried it and loved it.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Worlds Fastest Indian come to mind.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not a movie, but a TV series that should have lasted a lot longer than it did.

"Wonderfalls" was a hilarious series that was on a cable-only network back when cable
was rarer in urban areas than it is now.

It was dumb luck that allowed me to discover it during it's all-t00-brief run.

I've got the DVD set now, and will not even consider selling it.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's recent and popular, but when Cars first came out, I thought it was just a cheezy kids animated yawner. My wife wanted us to see it and I was very surprised to find it was more about the old Route 66 towns that died as new fwys by-passed them than just cars. I had been researching Route 66 and had taken my wife on a couple Route 66 trips covering most of AZ.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
Even at my ripe old age, I still like a good horror movie. One that wasn't atypical (and a zombie movie at that) was Warm Bodies. Not only did it have humor, but it touched on alot of social issues as well without being preachy. Oh, and just a little gore.:rollseyes:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Toy Story Movies are the ones that surprised me the most. I love those movies.

I watched the newest Star Trek movie in 3D and was surprised it was so good. What surprised me the most about that new Stark Trek move 'Into Darkness' or whatever it's called was how big of a rip off it was on the plot. With the first movie erasing everything and having a wide open license to do whatever you wanted as far as storyline goes, they gave me that worn out piece of shit Khan crap.

Surprisingly disappointed in that.