• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

surprise, surprise... Rypien hurt

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
rib injury. Out 7-10 days.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
end of time with canucks if you ask me.he didnt even play playoffs. no need for him

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
end of time with canucks if you ask me.he didnt even play playoffs. no need for him

I'd rather dump Hordi and Glass over Ripper.
I guess it depends on whether Oreskovich or Volpatti make a splash in camp.
Volpatti was a wrecking ball in the prospects tourney, but pretty quiet last night.
I haven't see Oreskovich yet.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather dump Hordi and Glass over Ripper.
I guess it depends on whether Oreskovich or Volpatti make a splash in camp.
Volpatti was a wrecking ball in the prospects tourney, but pretty quiet last night.
I haven't see Oreskovich yet.

Im the same ... Rypien has a much better skillset than Hordi or Glass and Glass is way too slow. The case with rypien is the old saying that he is writing cheques that his body cant cash. I think his career arc could end up looking like Aaron Ashams ... lots of injuries early in his career but if a team sticks with him and gives him more minutes, he will develop into a dependable 3rd liner

I read Oreskovich took a heavy uppercut from Jackman last night so I dont think he's the answer

coryberg2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not a great fighter but he didn't get punched in the face once.

YouTube - Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames (09/21/10): Victor Oreskovich vs Tim Jackman

Looks as though everyone either missed or hit his shoulder pads. a lot of bombs though.

what? didnt get punched in the face once?

looks like he took an uppercut in the mush at 8 seconds which caused him to pretty much turtle? he said so much this morning on the radio from the jake milford golf tournie

coryberg2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what? didnt get punched in the face once?

looks like he took an uppercut in the mush at 8 seconds which caused him to pretty much turtle? he said so much this morning on the radio from the jake milford golf tournie
Weird I guess that one might have grazed him but on my 24 inch monitor full screen video i can't see a single clean shot to the head. Maybe you saw a different video or have a different idea of turtling. VO was holding him off (for dear life), not curled in a ball covering his face :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird I guess that one might have grazed him but on my 24 inch monitor full screen video i can't see a single clean shot to the head. Maybe you saw a different video or have a different idea of turtling. VO was holding him off (for dear life), not curled in a ball covering his face :L

its semantics on the turtling ... yes he wasnt going into full fetal position but he was in full avoidance mode because he took one right in the jaw ... his head wouldnt cock back with a "grazing" blow and he doesnt react the way he does if it was "grazing"

and he said he took one in the face on team1040 ... they didnt bring attention to it (his face - lol) on air but someone told me he was sporting a visible welt/bruise right on his chin