• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sure wished we would have listened to Mickey

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campus Connection: Weekend Notebook - WVU Athletics

Nearly 7,000 fans showed up for West Virginia’s three-game series against Butler last weekend, and similar turnouts are expected for upcoming Big 12 series against Oklahoma, Kansas, TCU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.

This weekend’s three games with Oklahoma may not top last weekend’s total attendance because Sunday’s start time has been moved to 11 a.m. to accommodate OU’s travel plans, but weekend games coming up against nationally ranked TCU and Oklahoma State should exceed the record 6,968 spectators who observed West Virginia’s three-game sweep of Butler.

By the way, I am told concession sales for last weekend’s games against Butler were the equivalent to about a couple years worth of concession sales at Hawley Field.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I'm not a big time CBB fan at all but Im interested in going to see the place and the team. I could not have imagined wanting to go take in a game vs the old BigEast teams ( at least none that come to mind right off hand) but this conference has some dang fine baseball teams in it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 1700 fans showed up last night.

I recently read an interview with the new AD, he wants to spend money to upgrade the facilities available to the Olympic sports. Doesn't he know this is a quick path to scorn from guys like Mickey and DAD?

I mean the Olympic sports never needed upgrades when Eddie P was on the job...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder where they are planning to put the bobsled track? :dhd: