• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Supreme Court tells NCAA to suck a Dick

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're also starting to see funds like this:

young athlete gets cash and will be obligated to give a chunk of their earnings later if they hit it big. I guess my question to you is why the fuck should they be forced to say no when people are trying to throw money at them?
I am not saying they should at all. But on that same note, the public outcry is predatory practices by the universities, all of those private companies are just as if not more predatory. Fernando Tatis Jr. went through the same time of thing. All I am saying is I would like outrage be legit, everyone I think agrees the football and men’s basketball players should receive more of the compensation that the schools have received. I just think the target for some reason is the NCAA instead of Title IX, the individual conferences and individual universities. The NCAA is the governing body, it isn’t some all powerful god that student athletes and fans are being brainwashed they are.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 4th stringer gets 23 carries that season, but made the same$$$$$ the starter with over 200 carries had, something is broke there and needs fixing.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying they should at all. But on that same note, the public outcry is predatory practices by the universities, all of those private companies are just as if not more predatory. Fernando Tatis Jr. went through the same time of thing. All I am saying is I would like outrage be legit, everyone I think agrees the football and men’s basketball players should receive more of the compensation that the schools have received. I just think the target for some reason is the NCAA instead of Title IX, the individual conferences and individual universities. The NCAA is the governing body, it isn’t some all powerful god that student athletes and fans are being brainwashed they are.

This has nothing to do with title 9. It's about endorsement, being able to sign an agent, take money from 3rd parties, .... Trever Lawrence needed an agent like his jr year of hs. Zion was the same way. Why should these people lose eligibility because they're getting advice from someone who really knows the business? Would you prefer some under the table crap with a sleazy aau coach?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with title 9. It's about endorsement, being able to sign an agent, take money from 3rd parties, .... Trever Lawrence needed an agent like his jr year of hs. Zion was the same way. Why should these people lose eligibility because they're getting advice from someone who really knows the business? Would you prefer some under the table crap with a sleazy aau coach?

I think what he meant by Title 9 is that if you eliminated it, you could then drop many of the revenue losing sports, which would allow it to be MUCH easier to pay players...especially at schools that generate less money from their bigger sports. As of right now, most colleges athletic departments lose money. Eliminating Title 9 would allow them to fix that, and have the ability to pay athletes. At least, that is what I took when he mentioned Title 9...but I could be wrong.

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and NBA would be wise to create a minor league farm system similar to the system used by MLB and the NHL. That way, the "student" who goes to college primarily to honing his athletic skills enroute to the pros, would have a venue that is created for that very purpose. AND, the parent club would be able to send down players who need more work, and bring the kids up when they're ready for the bigtime.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and NBA would be wise to create a minor league farm system similar to the system used by MLB and the NHL. That way, the "student" who goes to college primarily to honing his athletic skills enroute to the pros, would have a venue that is created for that very purpose. AND, the parent club would be able to send down players who need more work, and bring the kids up when they're ready for the bigtime.
NBA has one. G-League is already a place where draft picks can go get pro coaching and playing time. But for the really good kids it’s more beneficial financially to play overseas a year or two then come into the Association. Plenty of examples in the league today of both.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is all about Title IX. Student athletes have cried poverty for decades but it wasn’t until schools and the NCAA starting making billion dollars off of television contracts that anyone really cared. Without title IX there isn’t a legit argument for those who are responsible for the revenue not getting the revenue. NIL is a dumb argument IMO but Title IX is the only reason it has validity. In what other area of life does one group make all of the money but have to split it with those who cost that same area money.

You bring up solid points about eligibility, which again the NCAA IMO is the final culprit of a lawsuit, not the starting point in the complaint. There is no NCAA without conference approval which is footballs biggest issue. P5 conferences could have split off from the NCAA for football decades ago but chose to use them as the governing body and a defacto shield. When it comes to basketball the NCAA isn’t even on the radar for reasons for players to be upset with. Zion and every other star basketball players biggest problem is the NBAPA keeping them from playing, shoes companies for greasing the palm of sleeze balls who grease the palms of amateur coaches.

I agree with the entire principle of the lawsuit and argument/movement, just the arrows of it are directed in the wrong direction. NIL is a bandaid on the fatal gun shot wound that the Ivy League and military academies understood when the first real big money was introduced into college athletics.