• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superbowl Pats Versus Giants - OT

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think based on the down they could have only gotten it to about 20 seconds, but I could be wrong.

I think the Bradshaw run was 1st down. So if he goes down, NE calls their TO, then Giants run their 2nd and 3rd down plays, then call the TO right at the end.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Your gonna base your rubbing it in on a super model comment when she was provoked by a bunch of Giant fans?

1st she was defending her husband what exactly is wrong with that and 2nd she has a point.

Actually, I think it was pretty classless of her to put the blame on the receivers. Tom could have made a better throw to Welker, who seems to be taking the brunt of her blame, and if he doesn't under throw Gronk, he might have scored the winning TD. Seems she forgot that throw. The fact is the Pats made too many mistakes. Eli might not drive for the winning TD if not for the off sides call on 3rd down against Ninkovich. How about the 12 men on the field that cost us a fumble recovery? The Giants also had their share of luck in the game. Two other fumbles that bounce right to other Giants players. Back in 2002, the Pats refused to give names to be called for introduction prior to the game choosing instead to be introduced as a team because they got there as a team. Well, the same should be said in a loss. Finger pointing is for losers, PERIOD!!! I wonder if Pats fans will still disagree with me when I said it was a BIG mistake trading Moss last year. Bet they wish he was in the end zone for that Hail Mary at the end of the game, huh?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the strategy....but the point of sports is to STOP the other team from scoring more than you. Not let them score more even if its just for a few minutes (hopefully). Again, I go to pulling the goalie...THATS a calculated risk, thats not a 100% guarantee goal and even then you stil have players diving on the ice to stop goals. THEY JUST LET HIM SCORE! That taints everything for me.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calculated risk. They've got one of the best offenses in football and they decided it would be better to have to go for a TD with a minute and one time out left than to have ~15-20 seconds and no timeout to get into field goal range.

All I'll say is that, had it worked, it would be proclaimed as the greatest coaching move in SB history.

Holmgren made the same call when they lost the SB to Denver. Your QB can't try for a final score with no time on the clock. The Pats nearly pulled of a miracle.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it was pretty classless of her to put the blame on the receivers. Tom could have made a better throw to Welker, who seems to be taking the brunt of her blame, and if he doesn't under throw Gronk, he might have scored the winning TD. Seems she forgot that throw. The fact is the Pats made too many mistakes. Eli might not drive for the winning TD if not for the off sides call on 3rd down against Ninkovich. How about the 12 men on the field that cost us a fumble recovery? The Giants also had their share of luck in the game. Two other fumbles that bounce right to other Giants players. Back in 2002, the Pats refused to give names to be called for introduction prior to the game choosing instead to be introduced as a team because they got there as a team. Well, the same should be said in a loss. Finger pointing is for losers, PERIOD!!! I wonder if Pats fans will still disagree with me when I said it was a BIG mistake trading Moss last year. Bet they wish he was in the end zone for that Hail Mary at the end of the game, huh?

She is not a athlete. She is a supermodel. What do you expect?

She dont get paid to think she gets paid to look dam good. A Fact that I figure we cam all agree with

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right that about 20 seconds would still be left in the game, but the Pats would have no timeouts left, and need to go 80 yards get a TD to win.

My bad, if the Giants kicked a FG, then the score would be 18-17, and the Pats would get the ball most likely on their own 20 yard line with about 17 seconds left. They would need to get to the Giants 35 yard line with no timeouts to have a decent shot at a winning FG.

That's a lot to hope for in any event.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Welker makes that catch none of anything of the above would have mattered. Bad pass bt Brady and bad non catch by Welker. Yes I still believe if a reciever gets 2 hands on a pass that he should make the catch.

Welker had 7 catches out of 8 attempts. Just so happens the one he did not grab was the one that cost the Pats the SB. I will still take him on my team anytime and any day

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Welker makes that catch none of anything of the above would have mattered.

You could say the same if the refs throw a PI flag on the Pats on one of Giants previous drives.

Maybe the Giants get a TD on that drive that makes the dropped ball by Welker not that big of a deal?

Always a bunch of "what ifs" in any game if you look for them.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any event I am done with the SB.

Giants got the win. Pats did not.

Maybe next year for our guys. Maybe not but nonetheless a pretty great year in any case.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Welker makes that catch none of anything of the above would have mattered. Bad pass bt Brady and bad non catch by Welker. Yes I still believe if a reciever gets 2 hands on a pass that he should make the catch.

Welker had 7 catches out of 8 attempts. Just so happens the one he did not grab was the one that cost the Pats the SB. I will still take him on my team anytime and any day

I would have still been bitching about it, I would just seem alot more crazy...its just not something to do...

Honestly it bothers me WAY too much that this sport is that much more popular than hockey and that play makes me even more crazy

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that I hate is when the refs decide to call holding on the offensive line.

The shit happens almost 100% of the time on every play, yet they call it when they feel like it.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is not a athlete. She is a supermodel. What do you expect?

She dont get paid to think she gets paid to look dam good. A Fact that I figure we cam all agree with

standing up for her husband against scumbag Giants fans at the game I have no problem with. Calling out players on the Pats and pointing fingers is classless no matter how good looking she is. Nothing good can come of that.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I don't know why all you assholes are arguing over such stupid shit when you could be repping that fine ass avi of mine!!! :whistle:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that I hate is when the refs decide to call holding on the offensive line.

The shit happens almost 100% of the time on every play, yet they call it when they feel like it.

Maybe not 100%, but most certainly 75% if you look hard enough to find it.
But they for some reason chose to call in on a play that *wasn't* hold that particular time. lol.
I know, at full speed it's almost impossible to tell in the trenches unless it's blatant, and Wilfork falling at the angle he did, twisting as if the OL had yanked him (not saying it was on purpose at all, just happened to be the way he went down) made it really seem like holding, especially since that where the giant hole opened up.
So I ca see *ugh* why it was called... but after the replays, daaaaaamn.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
standing up for her husband against scumbag Giants fans at the game I have no problem with. Calling out players on the Pats and pointing fingers is classless no matter how good looking she is. Nothing good can come of that.

VIOLATES T.O.S.
NEGGGED
REPORTED