• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl: New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

LOB: The Legion has elevated it's play during the playoffs, which is scary with how good they normally are. The DLine hasn't necessarily helped them out much, and they've still been magnificent. They'll need a bit more help today, but this unit has been playing lights out lately.

Marshawn Lynch: Speaking about elevating play - Lynch has been great during this 11-1 run. He's got 1102 yards rushing an 12 touchdowns (plus 254 receiving and 1 TD) in the last 12 games. He'll get a heavy dose of looks today as Seattle will try to establish the run early and often.

Russell Wilson: Entering last weeks game, Russell was the NFL leader in qb efficiency, and even with his early struggles that game his rating is still a respectable 96.3. He's currently 2nd all time in career efficiency (still impressive despite small sample size) and he's just as deadly with his legs. I'd like to see the Hawks offense force the Patriots D play the entire field with the read option, play action and Russell runs.

Negatives:

Tom Brady: People can make all they want out of there not being a Super Bowl victory since "spygate" but Brady is a very talented player who doesn't usually put his team in tough spots. He's fully healthy, unlike Rodgers, and so may not have the issues that GB had with some of those open passes. The last five years, Brady has been near the bottom in yards per completion minus yac, as he's used to throwing short and letting his elusive weapons make plays (except Gronk who just powers his way to plays). He wants #4 as much as the Seahawks want #2.

Rob Gronkowski: Seattle has had issues with TEs and the biggest problem has been in the red zone. Gron is better in the red zone than any TE the team has faced. The zones that the Hawks have run this year tend to be weak in the middle of the field, so they'll need to find ways not to just let the Patriots have their way in the middle of the field.

Belichek: One of the most innovative coaches of the generation where every innovation seems to have been made. Seattle isn't immune to falling for a trick play, and he's as good as any finding holes in opponents game plans.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a good job of not letting the game dominate my weekend but this is the longest stretch. I just want them to get this started.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see the Hawks getting to Brady all day and making him miserable. Seattle wins a low scoring game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances, We have the defense, we have the running game... BIG key of course is getting pressure on brady ... He's obviously a great player... Our pass rush isn't quit the ridiculous force it was last year, but were still good enough, and this O-line is not Green Bay's O-line... Plus it's good weather, I can see a grind out game though... Hopefully our physical play can pay it's toll as the game wears on.... GO HAWKS!!!!

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodney Harrison is talking out of his ass, he said Chancellor was hobbling about while warming up. When EVERYONE else says he looks and feels fine

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will have to be very patient and discipline with this offense. They lack a vertical threat so essentially it should shrink the field for us in terms of our game plan and our defensive strategies...but watch out for double moves.

Patriots are going to move the ball methodically and take whatever yards is available. 3rd and shorts and 3rd and mediums are going to be very important. If we get off the field consistently then the game should be heavily in our favor. If we can't get off the field on third downs then it's going to be a long day.

This is going to be a tough challenge for our pass rushers. If we generate next to zero pressure again then Brady is just going to pick us apart. He has such a great understanding of his system and where each route gets open. Their offensive line is massive and Gronk is a hell of a blocker as well.

On the other side of the ball I think Belichek is going to make Russell win the game. Watch early on. They're gonna show some coverages in the 1st quarter and then disguise it to show something else later on. It's what they did against Peyton all those years. Russell is going to have to be smart today. Belichek will try to bait Russell in some way.

I feel like this will come down to the very final possession. Who's gonna make the play and who's gonna make the big stop?

24-20 Seahawks win on a game winning Russell Wilson drive

GO HAWKS!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready in position. Got Canucks game on for now

27-24. Hauiska with a Fg with:05 left

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats do that 3 tech D a ton,they will be forced to throw another man up to cover Lynch and the possible Wilson run,i expect if the Hooded one does that carroll will react with slants and the setup like we have done all year to lull the D into a deep post or something,Bellichek is too smart for that though he will see that coming most likely so i bet we will just keep changing up the run.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a good job of not letting the game dominate my weekend but this is the longest stretch. I just want them to get this started.

Same i did not have any sports chanells on all week til Friday,i didnt even watch that media day etc,i prefer to just read stuff online here and other places.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same i did not have any sports chanells on all week til Friday,i didnt even watch that media day etc,i prefer to just read stuff online here and other places.

I made sure to get a couple of rounds of golf in (was actually surprisingly nice for this time of year). Then at 1:30 I popped in Guardians of the Galaxy and ff'wd it to my favorite scenes. But it's football time!

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a281f98c-7a98-4fb9-9c8f-4e7857d960af_800.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks start the game with their defense, I like that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodged a bullet there. You can't give a guy like Brady a 2nd chance at a drive because he'll torch you! Play disciplined!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sequence was absolutely awful.