• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVI: Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so Kupp got the Super Bowl MVP? I swore Donald did. I mean not to talk anything away from Kupp, but Donald was just as impressive and I'm a bit more biased towards defensive players getting the honor.
Hard to get upset either way.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so Kupp got the Super Bowl MVP? I swore Donald did. I mean not to talk anything away from Kupp, but Donald was just as impressive and I'm a bit more biased towards defensive players getting the honor.
I think someone else posted this as well but it probably should have been co-MVPs like Harvey Martin and Randy White although they were both on the defensive side. Likely not going to happen in this day and age though.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I mean Kupp had a great day as well. I just like to see defensive players get the honor.
Kupp didn't even quite break 100 yards receiving. I'm pretty sure he technically had a below average day for him. If you're giving him the MVP it's because of that 4th down run and the last drive.

He's always deserving so no real problem with it.

But Donald came alive on that non-call where half the Bengals roster was throwing open hand punches to his head. The defense as a whole had 7 sacks on the game, held Cinci below their season average score (way below if the refs had called that OPI on the one long TD), and finished the game off when Burrow had time fir that last drive. KC and Buff scored like 31 points in the same time Burrow had to drive and win or tie the game. Donald had Multiple sacks and was the one who freed up his teammates for multiple others. Plus the play to seal the game.

Donald was definitely deserving of MVP, and he had my vote.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are some people weakly still blaming the refs? The Bengals scored 1 TD in the second half on obvious no call and had a chance to win it in the end, refs didn’t stop the Bengsls when they had a chance to win it at the end, but the Rams defense stopped them led by one of the greatest to ever play. That is the story of the game, not some excuse filled assumptions.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are some people weakly still blaming the refs? The Bengals scored 1 TD in the second half on obvious no call and had a chance to win it in the end, refs didn’t stop the Bengsls when they had a chance to win it at the end, but the Rams defense stopped them led by one of the greatest to ever play. That is the story of the game, not some excuse filled assumptions.
Nah or at least I wouldnt. Like you said the Bengals got a gift TD so it evened out if anything.

Refs blowing calls is unfortunately just part of the game.

Story of the game Donald and company destroying the Bengals Oline in the 2nd half.

Congrats sir

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were gonna give it to the guy that impacted the game the most then it was hands down Donald for me.

But offense is always gonna get the nod, specifically QB. If Stafford has one less INT he probably gets it.

Either way both Kupp and Donald were deserving

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scuffle on the sidelines with Donald, really upset Donald, and you wouldn't like him, angry.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were gonna give it to the guy that impacted the game the most then it was hands down Donald for me.

But offense is always gonna get the nod, specifically QB. If Stafford has one less INT he probably gets it.

Either way both Kupp and Donald were deserving

Yah I mean I get it. I think it should've easily been Donald as well, but whatever. Kupp played a great game as well. I guess I should be happy it wasn't the fuckin' QB again lol.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Donald plays next seaaon, please teams do not let him be, aggravate him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the good/bad calls were close to being even if not in Cincinnati's favor.
The two biggest non calls were 1. the Ramsey face mask, and 2. the non personal foul when the Bengals went after Donald. Now on that Donald play the D player gets flagged often when he violently shoves a QB, I'm glad they didn't go that route. Had it been Brady or Rodgers I guarantee it's a unnecessary roughing call.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams winning means Donald retires then Ill take the trade off. I respect the hell out of the guy but no guy has hurt the Seahawks more

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts my feelings when you point out facts.

A Lions fan, a Twolves fan and a Utes fan.

I bet you like some sick shit when you are by yourself.......

Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the good/bad calls were close to being even if not in Cincinnati's favor.
The two biggest non calls were 1. the Ramsey face mask, and 2. the non personal foul when the Bengals went after Donald. Now on that Donald play the D player gets flagged often when he violently shoves a QB, I'm glad they didn't go that route. Had it been Brady or Rodgers I guarantee it's a unnecessary roughing call.
You think so? It seemed like a clean play to me, QB is out of the pocket and Aaron just pushed him when he was still in bounds

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will.be back and be better

Not on here, but Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and Ravens fans feel a sorta way. Can’t wait to deliver a new set of ass whoopings curtesy of Joe Cool next season. Will be back shortly.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC next year be loaded, get your popcorn. Joe Cool Burrow will probably find a way, just need two more linemen.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so? It seemed like a clean play to me, QB is out of the pocket and Aaron just pushed him when he was still in bounds
I agree it was a clean play, but I've seen a lot if clean plays get flagged especially when the QB is involved.

QB's near the sideline are a defensive players nightmare. Hit em hard get flagged, just tap em the QB keeps going down the sideline.

It's lose/lose for the D player.