• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 50

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know people like that too.

Looking ahead like your buddy did, the AFC West may be a pretty stout division next year. But I really do wonder if the Raiders can keep this improvement curve up, and I am really curious what the Chiefs will be like next year. While they have been on as good a run for the past three years as any team in recent Chiefs memory I cannot help but feel their coach will be the reason they never get over the hump. But I'll save that discussion for after the draft and schedule is released.

The ridiculously bad clock management that Reid has always had will be very hard for him and the Chiefs to ever fully overcome. Smith also seems like the type of QB that is good enough to keep his job but not quite to that level that you can lean on him to take you to that next level. Now he could go win with a defense like ours this year heck I think a decent number of QB's probably could have but not too often does a QB get such a group around them.

I will say though the Chiefs definitely have some nice pieces. Maclin if he can stay healthy and Kelce both look like nice weapons for the next few years on offense and defensively they have playmakers at every level. Like you said though hard to really know what any of our teams will look like as I do suspect quite a few changes throughout our division.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, CD. Alex Smith is a capable QB, and he's had his moments. He's also a likable guy, other than the team he plays for. But I question if he can consistently put a team on his shoulders. Chiefs fans are talking about Manning's production in the playoffs and how just about any QB can get that kind of production. While that's a fair statement if you consider just lines from a box score, I think part of why it worked for the Broncos is that Manning even as a shell of himself physically was still one of the single most intelligent minds at the position and his reputation influenced defenses not to get too sure of themselves.

Chiefs and Broncos is turning into some good drama, though. I am looking forward to it going into next year. And who can forget those 7-9 Raiders showed signs of life this year and may be good enough to make their presence felt again in 2016.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is extremely difficult to go to consecutive SB's for all the obvious reasons, but I think the West will be very tough next season at least with Raiders and KC. That's 4 very tough games. If any team can do it though, it's our Denver Broncos ! :)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense can stay together some how and they are still hungry for another Super Bowl I can still see the Broncos making a serious run at another Super Bowl victory. Get a solid o line together and figure out the QB situation (Hopefully Oz) and there offense should be better then last years and could take some pressure off the defense. The offense can't get any worse so things are still looking up as far as I am concerned. Go Broncos!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, CD. Alex Smith is a capable QB, and he's had his moments. He's also a likable guy, other than the team he plays for. But I question if he can consistently put a team on his shoulders. Chiefs fans are talking about Manning's production in the playoffs and how just about any QB can get that kind of production. While that's a fair statement if you consider just lines from a box score, I think part of why it worked for the Broncos is that Manning even as a shell of himself physically was still one of the single most intelligent minds at the position and his reputation influenced defenses not to get too sure of themselves.

Chiefs and Broncos is turning into some good drama, though. I am looking forward to it going into next year. And who can forget those 7-9 Raiders showed signs of life this year and may be good enough to make their presence felt again in 2016.

Look JDR record at the jags if you want a really good laugh .. he is mister 8-8 ...He had some fine teams and he still sucked as a Coach .. the shit head had some fine players here what did he do with them ? we let way to many points get srored when he was here...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look JDR record at the jags if you want a really good laugh .. he is mister 8-8 ...He had some fine teams and he still sucked as a Coach .. the shit head had some fine players here what did he do with them ? we let way to many points get srored when he was here...

Ultimately, yes. JDR will lead the Raiders to a solid season once in a while though. Especially since he's backed by a worthwhile GM in Reggie McKenzie. I would not be surprised to see the Raiders reach 10-6 this year to be honest. But I don't see them as contenders year after year and that's a product of JDR's coaching.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, playing Peyton Manning in his prime twice a year doesn't help.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the NFL Shield as of today is no longer Gold ....Red white and blue again ...

Kind of a bummer

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still on cloud 69.

I mean 9.

Super Bowl CHAMPS!!!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cool was it for those two weeks prior to the Super Bowl to know that you could come home from work and watch Broncos stuff every night on NFLN and ESPN.

It was so cool. The whole family got into it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even with Manning at QB !!!!!! I think the D could of played both ways and Denver still would of won ! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even with Manning at QB !!!!!! I think the D could of played both ways and Denver still would of won ! ;)

Grasshopper - you are beginning to see the light. ;)

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cool was it for those two weeks prior to the Super Bowl to know that you could come home from work and watch Broncos stuff every night on NFLN and ESPN.

It was so cool. The whole family got into it.
I think that is also why 2013 sucked so bad. After the game knowing it would be months before you could follow any news without hearing about the loss