• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Owners to pick Super Bowl sites

How does the system work? It sounds like its a playoff where the loser compete with the next specific contender for hosting. But I assume the NFL by that time could choose a third team, right?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt they'll get a Super Bowl here soon, but the weird thing about it is the stadium location......closer to San Jose than San Francisco, but no doubt most visitors will want to stay in SF. Not all that much to do in SJ if you're visiting for a weekend. The few hotels around Santa Clara will probably be booked months in advance.

I suppose a lot of people would take the train down from SF, but that will get crazy and crowded before and especially after the game, and taxis from the train station will be nuts. Location just not ideal for 10,000s of tourists to head to.

Taking Caltrain would be a much better option than driving/taking a bus/taking a taxi down 280/101. It's not as bad as 80 coming to/off the bay bridge, but it's pretty bad on certain days.

It's get congested at the train stations, but I'm pretty confident it won't be nearly as bad as taking the Bart to Market 2 out of the last 3 baseball seasons when the Giants won the WS. That was a true definition of a bottleneck.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Would have been a major upset if they didn't win it.

The 49ers got the super majority so that means they crushed Miami in the votes so it looks like Houston will win the next one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Stupid ass ESPN's front page was basically a campaign to have SB 50 in Lambeau. Jackasses.

Now they have something called "Gridiron Geniuses" with a picture of Lombardi, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh and... friggn' cheater Bill Belichick. What an insult to the other 4.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the Niners have beaten South Florida in 2 superbowls?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed. There should have been reports that it was going to Miami before we took it. I liked how we stole Harbaugh from them. Tyler Bray was also reported to go there before KC took him. We stole Alex Smith from them last year (sarcasm). Liked the Harbaugh theft best, of course.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been a major upset if they didn't win it.

The 49ers got the super majority so that means they crushed Miami in the votes so it looks like Houston will win the next one.

Well, we finally won the Super Bowl this year. In all seriousness, this is pretty sweet that we got it. There's something special about the number 50. Is it too much to ask the football gods that the Niners make Super Bowl L and win it?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, we finally won the Super Bowl this year. In all seriousness, this is pretty sweet that we got it. There's something special about the number 50. Is it too much to ask the football gods that the Niners make Super Bowl L and win it?

thats another three seasons right? these guys will be older by then, and likely on the downside of their careers? maybe as much as 10 of these 13 will be gone by then, granted some of these guys won't hurt so much.

a lot of changes WILL occur.

Jennings
Andy Lee
Gore
Vernon Davis
Haralson
Willis
Staley
Brown
MacDonald
Brooks
Whitner
Goodwin
Rogers

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats another three seasons right? these guys will be older by then, and likely on the downside of their careers? maybe as much as 10 of these 13 will be gone by then, granted some of these guys won't hurt so much.

a lot of changes WILL occur.

Jennings
Andy Lee
Gore - Shouldn't be bad as long as Lattimore fully recovers
Vernon Davis - Maybe he will be like Tony Gonzalez?
Haralson - We got some youg guys in Lemonier
Willis - Bowman still there and Willis will only get smarter and stay above average like Ray Lewis.
Staley
Brown
MacDonald
Brooks
Whitner
Goodwin
Rogers

Gore - Shouldn't be bad as long as Lattimore fully recovers
Vernon Davis - Maybe he will be like Tony Gonzalez?
Haralson - We got some young guys in Lemonier
Willis - Bowman still there and Willis will only get smarter and stay above average like Ray Lewis.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been posted before somewhere but I don't remember so: The NFL's great Super Bowl swindle

I started reading from the middle of it, so I don't know if it is complaining about Miami not getting it. The middle to end was fine in that aspect.