• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Suns at Knicks

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few things about this game and this road trip that have stood out to me.

First off, Bledsoe means everything to them. They are terrible without him. The Suns are lucky they did not go 0-5 this trip. They look so bad without Bledsoe. Without him, they are probably one of the worst teams in the league, just like everyone predicted.

Secondly, I am fed up with Dragic. I think he is a phenomenal competitor, plays his heart out, and gives you everything he can. However, he is a selfish player and has absolutely no clue how to be a point guard. His assist totals are unacceptable. He hardly ever creates easy shots for his teammates. He is a shooting guard in a point guards body and that usually never works out, unless you play above the rim and have star quality athleticism.

Another thing is Barbosa. Yes I understand he went crazy in the fourth quarter and whatnot, but everybody knows what he is capable of. The problem is his stupidity and that he is out of control, and he also is a shooting guard in a point guards body, like Dragic. He is blocking the development of Archie Goodwin and that is infuriating me to no end.

I want Goodwin and Len to get major minutes along with Plumlee. That should be the point of this season. Even with Bledsoe, it is not like the Suns are going to win the championship this year, so why waste time with Barbosa? It makes no sense.

Lastly, the suns have no power forward. Channing Frye is still terrible inside and the Morris brothers are two players I would be ecstatic to see get shipped out of town. The Suns have no one to pass the ball to inside to get easy shots right now and everything they shoot is jumpers. That will never get it done. The Suns lost games on this trip to pathetic teams and they should be embarrassed.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few things about this game and this road trip that have stood out to me.

First off, Bledsoe means everything to them. They are terrible without him. The Suns are lucky they did not go 0-5 this trip. They look so bad without Bledsoe. Without him, they are probably one of the worst teams in the league, just like everyone predicted.

Secondly, I am fed up with Dragic. I think he is a phenomenal competitor, plays his heart out, and gives you everything he can. However, he is a selfish player and has absolutely no clue how to be a point guard. His assist totals are unacceptable. He hardly ever creates easy shots for his teammates. He is a shooting guard in a point guards body and that usually never works out, unless you play above the rim and have star quality athleticism.

Another thing is Barbosa. Yes I understand he went crazy in the fourth quarter and whatnot, but everybody knows what he is capable of. The problem is his stupidity and that he is out of control, and he also is a shooting guard in a point guards body, like Dragic. He is blocking the development of Archie Goodwin and that is infuriating me to no end.

I want Goodwin and Len to get major minutes along with Plumlee. That should be the point of this season. Even with Bledsoe, it is not like the Suns are going to win the championship this year, so why waste time with Barbosa? It makes no sense.

Lastly, the suns have no power forward. Channing Frye is still terrible inside and the Morris brothers are two players I would be ecstatic to see get shipped out of town. The Suns have no one to pass the ball to inside to get easy shots right now and everything they shoot is jumpers. That will never get it done. The Suns lost games on this trip to pathetic teams and they should be embarrassed.

Once we are out of the playoff race I want Len to get minutes, even though I think he is a worthless shit he still needs a chance to prove me wrong. I still love Dragic and think he and Bledsoe are the faces of the franchise, somehow get a quality big man in offseason and I would really love our future.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuffy I'm not trying to be a dick but check the stats when Dragic was out, Bledsoes assist were okay. But your looking at 2/16 shooting from Green I counted 5 threes passed by Dragic to Green that would of gone as an assist and 3 wide open 3s...... Bledsoe had that 14 assist game vs thunder because green was hot.

In the dual pg system Dragic isn't playing the pg most of the time he's playing off the ball. Dragic can spot up shoot which is why it's insane to look at the stats and see that Drag averages more assists than Bledsoe? Yet Bled is the pg most of the time and Dragic is another spot up shooter for him. Bled can't spot up shoot which is why it's crazy to see Dragic have more assists.......

Bledsoe and Dragic shine when there together, do you think this team would be winning with Bled instead of Drag and an inconsistant Green playing next to either of them is going to equal losses. Suns were great at the beginning of the year with Drag out cause Green and Morris were going insane when u go 2/16 and Frye goes 3/12 your not getting many assists.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea guys no matter what u think Bledsoe and Dragic shine when there together.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gLV47K4kBLA[/ame]
Same result only 6 assists when Green was hot to...... This system isn't made for assists.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YsEX06Fxm7s[/ame]
Another 6 assist game when Green was hitting from all over the place.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyKypX1sKI[/ame]
Another 5 assist game Dragic was in n out this game but Green was still feeling it.

The point is this system is meant for 2 play makers in transition and 2 carry the half court offense attack the basket with our speed or let a player post up, we don't run any sets, no plays, and we really don't cut to the basket. When suns are in transition with Bledsoe and Dragic, Bledsoes speed and Dragic leaks out. Transition offense was gone completely that's where Bledsoes impact really shines and his defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense in half court is to spread the floor and ISO when we get a switch we like or when a player has good position. But of course Dragic and Bledsoe can run the offense using a pick and roll. ISO offense mostly. That's why are half court offense was so good when Keef was playing well at the beginning. Keef would of won us the game.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not think either Bledsoe or Dragic are great at getting assists. Dragic swings the ball well to open shooters, but he does not create. He dribbles around for so long and then looks to pass to bail himself out all the time.

I am also very hesitant about Bledsoe as part of the future now too because of his injuries. I just do not believe in making point guards who are small your franchise player. All of the past champions I can think of since Isiah Thomas did not have a small point guard as their franchise player.

Examples:

Bulls: Jordan
Rockets: Olajuwan
Spurs: Duncan
Lakers: Shaq
2004 Pistons: Only team I can think of to win the title without a pure superstar franchise player
Lakers after Shaq: Kobe
Celtics: Pierce
Mavericks: Dirk
Heat: Lebron and Wade, or Shaq and Wade in 2006

The common theme of those teams, their top player was not a point guard. Yes, some of those teams had great point guards, like Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo, but they were not the franchise player of those championship teams.

There are only two franchise players capable of winning the championship in the NBA today in my opinion, and those guys are Lebron James and Kevin Durant. Every other team just wishes they had players of those caliber.

I also think Dwayne Wade is on the level of KD and Lebron, but his injuries have really taken a toll on him unfortunately because he is incredible when he is healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not think either Bledsoe or Dragic are great at getting assists. Dragic swings the ball well to open shooters, but he does not create. He dribbles around for so long and then looks to pass to bail himself out all the time.

I am also very hesitant about Bledsoe as part of the future now too because of his injuries. I just do not believe in making point guards who are small your franchise player. All of the past champions I can think of since Isiah Thomas did not have a small point guard as their franchise player.

Examples:

Bulls: Jordan
Rockets: Olajuwan
Spurs: Duncan
Lakers: Shaq
2004 Pistons: Only team I can think of to win the title without a pure superstar franchise player
Lakers after Shaq: Kobe
Celtics: Pierce
Mavericks: Dirk
Heat: Lebron and Wade, or Shaq and Wade in 2006

The common theme of those teams, their top player was not a point guard. Yes, some of those teams had great point guards, like Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo, but they were not the franchise player of those championship teams.

There are only two franchise players capable of winning the championship in the NBA today in my opinion, and those guys are Lebron James and Kevin Durant. Every other team just wishes they had players of those caliber.

I think it's worked really well the problem is there never healthy together. I wonder what our record is when they both play. Honnestly idc about this season go all out and try to make the playoffs it's to late to tank at this point anyway. Were running an uptempo system yet we have Channing frye as our pf, and our half court set is ISO ball which means we have no one who can legit post. I think our guards are fine it's really everything else. I don't think a dual pg system can win you a ring but I think it can be successful. Dragic is just playing with a lot of confidence let him score because honneslty if he tried to create tonight it would of been brick city idk it's to late to tank and it's been to long since we have gone to the playoffs no way we hold on to the 8th seed unless we win like 5 straight on this home stretch.

If this makes anyone feel better the Rockets were 21-14 last year then from January 9th to January 19th they lost 7 straight and went to 21-21 but turned there season around and got the 8th seed if anyone here is interested in making the playoffs. The reason Houston turned there season around is because Chandler Parsons broke out into a star, while we hope Markieff Morris can do that in phx.......

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do remember this team was supposed to suck, right?

This team is in every game even without Bledsoe but with bled we would win..... We need a glue guy at our 3-4 because PJ isn't good enough same with Frye I hope to draft forwards in the draft and try to fill that void meanwhile.

1.Bled
2.Drag
3.Hayward

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wtf was Hornasecks subsitution pattern Dragic was gassed at the end of the game 48 minutes no Ish tonight? LB was playing well could of kept em in and Ish and put Drag in with 7 mins..... Hornaseck is usually able to rest them enough where there is one whether its Dragic who played most of the 4th but got a rest during 3rd with like 4-6 mins left in 3rd while Bled plays the whole 3rd quarter so then Bled can rest until 4th quarter with 6-5 mins left so hes fresh and can closr the game while Drag has enough energy to play whole 4th because he got to rest with 6 mins left in 3rd quarter. When you need a bucket go to Bled because hes fresher. Basically depth is also why Bled is so important.