• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer Recruiting Big Board (Offense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current Offensive Commits

Christian Gaylord (OT)
Kendell Bussey (RB)
Kevin Dillman (QB)
Spencer Tears (WR)
Michael Decker (OG)

Needs: OL, WR, TE

Offensive Line

1. Josh Wariboko (4-Star) (Oklahoma City, OK) - Wariboko is the highest rated lineman on Nebraska's board but maybe the least likely to end up here. He is almost a sure bet to Oklahoma.

2. Grant Schmidt (4-Star) (Sioux Falls, SD) - Schmidt is an interesting prospect as Nebraska has yet to offer the young man but he's also very interested in Nebraska. If Nebraska offers he would definitely listen. The best guess here is Nebraska will try to get him down for a camp at some point this summer to take a look at him. If they like what they see then Nebraska could become a real player for Schmidt.

3. Sam Awolope (3-Star) (Missouri City, TX) - Awolope's recruitment has really picked up recently with offers from Nebraska, Oregon State and Missouri coming in. Awolope is a big kid with a good frame that could play all 5 OL positions when he gets into town. He's versatile. Nebraska would like to get him up for a visit, possibly to a camp or BRW to get him on board.

4. Scott Frantz (3-Star) (Lawrence, KS) - Frantz is currently a Jayhawk lean but Nebraska is very interested. While Frantz does not have an offer yet one could be coming soon if things work out. Nebraska would be a huge player for Frantz if they offered and would likely garner his commitment nearly on the spot. Frantz is another player to watch out for in the camp circuit.

5. Alex Givens (3-Star) (Nashville, TN) - Givens is the most recent Husker offer and he definitely has a good frame to build with. The 6'6" 280 pound tackle is looking at Nebraska along with a handful of SEC schools. Not sure how how much of a shot Nebraska has with Givens but I would give them a puncher's chance if they got him to visit.

Other names to note: Martez Ivy,Mirko Jurkovic

Wide Receiver

1a. Demorea Stringfellow - While Stringfellow isn't technically a 2015 recruit he would be a HUGE transfer from Washington. Standing at 6'3" and over 210 pounds he would be an immediate athletic replacement for Monte Harrison (should Harrison go the MLB route) and might even be a better pure receiver than Harrison. Stringfellow would likely have to sit out the 2014 season making him a defacto JUCO for the 2015 class and a very good one at that.

1. Donte Jackson (4-Star) (New Orleans, LA) - Nebraska continues to scour NOLA for talent and Donte Jackson jumped off of the screan at them. Unfortunately he did for Oregon and LSU as well. A safe bet would be to say he winds up at LSU but given Nebraska's recent success in the New Orleans area as well as Jackson's relationship some current Husker players we might be more of facter here than most realize. The goal for the Nebraska staff should be to have him put off his decision long enough to visit. Maybe that's for BRW or for an OV at a ball game this fall, but the longer his recruitment goes on the better for Nebraska.

2. Rickey Preston (3-Star) Boutte, LA) - Another talent from Louisiana Preston has kept things fairly quiet in the recruiting process thus far but he has the speed and talent to pick up offers quickly. Don't let his lack of a big rating fool you, Florida State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Missouri have all thrown their hats in the Preston ring along with Nebraska. LSU has yet to offer but that could come at any moment and be a game changer. Nebraska will need to get Preston on campus to have a shot.

3. Scott Washington (3-Star) (Washington DC) - Nebraska is looking for 1-2 more receivers in this class, a slot/speed guy and a big bodied receiver. Washington fits the bill as the latter standing at 6'5" with good athleticism. Nebraska is by far Washington's best offer to date but Maryland and Va Tech have been sniffing around as well. This one will take a while to pan out but Nebraska got in early.

4. Charlie Fessler (3-Star) (Erie, PA) - Fessler is a bid bodied receiver in the mold of a Todd Peterson or Sam Burtch with a bit more athleticism. Fessler loves the Huskers and would definitely consider coming here. His goal is to visit for BRW and Nebraska could receive a commitment from him shortly after.

5. Kevin Thomas (3-Star) (DeSoto, TX) - Thomas just received a Nebraska offer and is very excited about it. Thomas is the tweener of this crew standing at nearly 6'3" with speed to burn. Clemson would seem to be Nebraska's main competition at the moment but the young talented wide out would like to see Lincoln before making his decision.

Other names to note: Alex Ofodile, Keyston Fuller, CJ Johnson, Therrell Gosier, Jaelan Austin, Desean Holmes, Christian Kirk

Tight End

1. Jake Pickard (3-Star) (Milburn, NJ) - Seems to be a Purdue lean but Nebraska is at work here.

2. Josh Moore (3-Star) (Olathe, KS) - At one point seemed to be at the top of the board for the Huskers at TE but has been relatively quiet of late. Seems to be a Missouri lean.

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll take

2 more OL (Schmidt and Jackson Perry if he doesn't go Ivy League)

1 WR

1 TE

Last edited by a moderator:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 2 WRs, especially considering Monte Harrison likely will go MLB.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Harrison play on Husker baseball team this year? don't see any stats.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Harrison play on Husker baseball team this year? don't see any stats.

no, he wouldn't play till next season. You can get drafted right out of HS by the MLB, which he likely will next weekend. I highly doubt Monte ever steps on campus. Turning down 7 figures to play two sports in college will be a hard thing to do.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Nut, for some reason I thought he was freshmen this year.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we land Stringfellow AND Harrison... We automatically have the best receiving corps in the B1G and possibly the country.

I honestly believe that.

On paper, Stanton throwing to those two and all of the other pieces that have been falling into place... We could be juggernauts.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do wonder if he'd be our starter... He does too.

"Ask him about it now, in the middle of a career-best hitting streak that reached 15 games when he went one for four with an RBI in a 6-3 loss to Frederick on Monday, and Starling has to be reminded that he would have just completed his junior year at Nebraska. Playing quarterback in the Big Ten in front of 80,000 screaming fans does sound more appealing than being mostly anonymous during long bus rides to little black dots on Rand McNally maps.

“I haven’t thought about it lately,” he said. “My first year in pro ball, I actually did think about it. Quite a bit.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/26/5047434/royals-prospect-bubba-starling.html#storylink=cpy

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brasky, it's important to remember that his hitting streak is in single A ball, let's see if he can keep it up when he gets called up to AA or AAA.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic. But honestly I do think that it is better for a player to spend time in college just to develope ones game. I know it is very hard to turn down the money (I wouldnt).

if we land Harrison and Stringfellow. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD CAN OUR OLINE STAY HEALTHY.

Westerkamp
Moore
Bell
Harrison
Carter
Turner

Nebraska would have the best WRs in the nation.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stanton getting the knod? From all that I have heard its Tommys team, Tommy showed up in camp and really took a leadership role. I would love to see some scrappin and fighting for that 1 spot tho.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stanton getting the knod? From all that I have heard its Tommys team, Tommy showed up in camp and really took a leadership role. I would love to see some scrappin and fighting for that 1 spot tho.

Armstrong is definitely in the lead, but if reports from spring are any indication Stanton outplayed Armstrong in the last two weeks of spring. But that's just two weeks. I think if you were to poll most of the team they would tab Armstrong as #1 without any hesitation. Abdullah cited Armstrong as a reason he returned. So yeah, I would say it's Armstrong's spot to lose right now.

However, I will say that the battle is a lot closer than it may appear.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide receiver Spencer Tears decommits from Huskers - Omaha.com: Blogs

hmmmm... This would hurt if not for the fact that we just brought in an all american.

split was amicable, CJ Johnson out performed Tears at a camp earlier this spring and Tears has really had a poor showing at camps in general. Nebraska thought that it might be better to look around for another WR. There's a 5-star WR visiting this weekend and of course CJ Johnson will get a long look as well.