• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summarizing the first five games

Protagonist12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading all these posts, and I'd like to weigh in on something a lot of you are missing...

The Seahawks typically start off losing a few games. Even with 3 losses we are only 2 games behind AZ.
Every year the Cardinals start off strong. Midway through the season they begin to choke. By the end of the season they are out of the running for a wild card spot.
The Rams have one good game against us every year.
The 49ers are in the running to get the #1 draft pick.

So I'm not worried at all about taking the division. Bevell is fine and he gets us to the Super Bowl.

Am I concerned about not getting back to the Super Bowl? NO. In fact, I'm certain we will have the division wrapped up by week 14. HFA we'll see but a first round bye is pretty much a lock. Let's get serious about what's really going to happen here. No way are the Cards going to keep this up. They never do.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading all these posts, and I'd like to weigh in on something a lot of you are missing...

The Seahawks typically start off losing a few games. Even with 3 losses we are only 2 games behind AZ.
Every year the Cardinals start off strong. Midway through the season they begin to choke. By the end of the season they are out of the running for a wild card spot.
The Rams have one good game against us every year.
The 49ers are in the running to get the #1 draft pick.

So I'm not worried at all about taking the division. Bevell is fine and he gets us to the Super Bowl.

Am I concerned about not getting back to the Super Bowl? NO. In fact, I'm certain we will have the division wrapped up by week 14. HFA we'll see but a first round bye is pretty much a lock. Let's get serious about what's really going to happen here. No way are the Cards going to keep this up. They never do.

1. I like your optimism but we dodged a bullet last year because Palmer went down, it will be a lot tougher this year.

2. How can you claim first round bye is "a lock" when currently there are two NFC teams at 5-0 and another at 4-0? I'll give HFA to the Packers. I think you completely overlooked the other NFC teams outside out of this division.

3. This team has a mountain to climb and if they're going back to the post-season, I believe it will be WC if they continue to lose grounds to the Cardinals.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. This team has a mountain to climb and if they're going back to the post-season, I believe it will be WC if they continue to lose grounds to the Cardinals.

If is the key. Cards still play us twice, have the Packers at home , Bengals at home, at Rams. This division is still up for grabs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I like your optimism but we dodged a bullet last year because Palmer went down, it will be a lot tougher this year.

2. How can you claim first round bye is "a lock" when currently there are two NFC teams at 5-0 and another at 4-0? I'll give HFA to the Packers. I think you completely overlooked the other NFC teams outside out of this division.

I tend to agree... It's going to be tough for us to get to 10-6 imo... That means we have to go 8-3 the remaining 11 games... Not saying we can't do it but it's going to be very tough for us to go 8-3 over that span...

I don't like the logic used of, "We start out slow every year"... It's going to bite us in the butt sometime...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time we start throwing out the "holds the ball too long" with RW, I will always come back to what will happen if he doesn't? Some of the biggest plays that come from this offense are born from the scrambles and holding it "too long." If you force that ball out of his hands earlier, you're going to do it at the expense of those big plays. At least some/many of them. You're also going to dramatically increase the chances and frequency of the big shots RW is going to take when he's not prepared or able to avoid the brunt of the blow. Is that what you want? You want to take away some of our QB's biggest strength while also exposing him to more punishment just to try to bring the sack numbers down a bit?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you did say you can't blame the offense for not holding a 17 point lead, While I get your point for sure, I just think you can blame the offense for not helping a dam ... That was my point... Bad special teams play also helped the Bengals out with short fields... Look our D didn't play great starting or finishing I totally agree... But I just feel like any kind a O in that 4th quarter and a lot of pressure it taken off the D ... Hell we even got 2 chances in OT which our O once again did nothing... It was just all around frustrating on offense in the second half, other than the long TD run by Rawls we didn't do much ...

In the 3 loses the defense has given up leads in the 4th quarter. in ALL THREE loses. now i have been ragging on this offense all season long ( short season so far lol ) but the defense is failing this team as much or more. in 2 of the loses 1 more stop would have meant a Victory for the Seahawks. This is something we ar enot use to seeing and in the Detroit game the defense almost lost that one also, think about that for a second.

This offense still needs to get it's head out of it's ass and the oline needs some MAJOR rebuilding thats as easy to see as the nose on our faces. With the piss poor play though from the offense this team has held a lead in every 4th quarter this season. All 5 games the hawks have had the lead in the 4th Quarter. Offense needs to start putting up points and i mean bunches.

Also i am SICK AND TIRED of how this team just never puts teams away. Put your foot on their throat and STOMP never let up ( Like the superbowl against Denver )

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 3 loses the defense has given up leads in the 4th quarter. in ALL THREE loses. now i have been ragging on this offense all season long ( short season so far lol ) but the defense is failing this team as much or more. in 2 of the loses 1 more stop would have meant a Victory for the Seahawks. This is something we ar enot use to seeing and in the Detroit game the defense almost lost that one also, think about that for a second.

This offense still needs to get it's head out of it's ass and the oline needs some MAJOR rebuilding thats as easy to see as the nose on our faces. With the piss poor play though from the offense this team has held a lead in every 4th quarter this season. All 5 games the hawks have had the lead in the 4th Quarter. Offense needs to start putting up points and i mean bunches.

Also i am SICK AND TIRED of how this team just never puts teams away. Put your foot on their throat and STOMP never let up ( Like the superbowl against Denver )

Yep, were in every game, but we don't put games away this year .... It's good were in them all, but at some point we have to start sealing the deal...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is on all of them. If the offense could get a couple of first downs late, the game is sealed up for a victory. Defense force a 3 and out or even just forcing them on downs, the game is over. Seattle has lost their identity and this Thursday they have to regain it or this becomes a very long annoying season.