• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide Squad (2016)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely every listen to critics. I always seem to enjoy a movie that critics destroy.

What was rotten tomatoes numbers when Guardians of the Galaxy came out?
Rather high, IIRC...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely every listen to critics. I always seem to enjoy a movie that critics destroy.

It broke 90% lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't remember ever watching a movie with below a 75% or so or rotten tomatoes and enjoying it in any way.

the standards for a positive review on that site are so low, lol.
Killing Joke is pulling 50% right now and I liked it. I think the average Rotten Tomato score is around 60% and their methodology punishes divisive movies which in turn seems to promote safe movies. Killing Joke is pulling a 6.8 on IMDB which is above their 6.38 average. The rub on IMDB is that its mostly dudes and chick movies get pushed down the list. Since I am a guy myself then IMDB is just generally a better choice for picking something I might like.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the points about comic book movie backlash are spot on; here's a good review, and the synopsis is pretty much what I expected of the movie.

And I do have to add that the reviewer states that this will be Robbie's "star-making turn". ;)

Review: 'Suicide Squad' finds sincerity in insanity

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the points about comic book movie backlash are spot on;
I think there is a backlash and its been going on since Avengers 2 but Marvel has pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat.

My issue is that it has no way of being better than the animated movie its plot seems to mirror in most ways. The only real reason to see this is to see real life interpretations of interesting DC characters but without actually having Batman in it, I think even Joker would agree that it all sounds a little less interesting.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a backlash and its been going on since Avengers 2 but Marvel has pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat.

My issue is that it has no way of being better than the animated movie its plot seems to mirror in most ways. The only real reason to see this is to see real life interpretations of interesting DC characters but without actually having Batman in it, I think even Joker would agree that it all sounds a little less interesting.

wasn't batman in the animated film though?? if I remember right he was in the background hunting joker...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't batman in the animated film though?? if I remember right he was in the background hunting joker...
Yeah, he is in Assault on Arkham. The plot wouldn't have been nearly as good without him which is why I'm dubious about Suicide Squad. Arkham also had some more disposable villains to really bring home the point that Amanda Waller didn't care about any of their lives.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he is in Assault on Arkham. The plot wouldn't have been nearly as good without him which is why I'm dubious about Suicide Squad. Arkham also had some more disposable villains to really bring home the point that Amanda Waller didn't care about any of their lives.

do you think any of the suicide Squad will get their heads blown off by waller in this movie????

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think any of the suicide Squad will get their heads blown off by waller in this movie????
If they stick with the animated film then someone is going to get Negan'd from the start to prove a point, Will Smith is going to be in charge and Killer Croc is going to die. I'm all for Captain Boomerang going down, though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stick with the animated film then someone is going to get Negan'd from the start to prove a point, Will Smith is going to be in charge and Killer Croc is going to die. I'm all for Captain Boomerang going down, though.

Captain Boomerang wont go down... I think he is too important to DC... Or maybe I just like the show Young Justice too much...

edit- nevermind was thinking about sportsmaster...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone sees it, let me know how it is. I am away this weekend.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the quality of the movie, the box office for this movie is going to be pretty big. It is already tracking for a $140 mil opening weekend. With some even saying it could reach $150.

I'll probably check out a 3D or IMAX showing this weekend.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read biggest August Thursday opening ever, 20.5 million

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide Squad is an average movie at best.

El Diablo, good.
Harley Quinn, good. Had the best lines.
Deadshot, ok.
Killer Croc, ok.
Katana. OK
Rick Flag, average.
Captain Boomerang Stupid. Dumb name and was a useless supervillain/hero.

Not exactly sure what the evil villain army was supposed to be, but they were stupid.

Whatever the evil villain was supposed to be building was stupid. How come the evil villain did not call down the lightning/laser beams and wipe out the Suicide Squad? She was blasting aircraft carriers, satellites, and secret installations all to hell.

The evil villain sounded like the goddess from first Ghostbusters, Gozer. The evil villain costume was idiotic. Should have stayed with the Sorceress costume.

Not exactly sure what the point of Joker was, but he wasn't Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger. Obviously, a side character.

Amanda Walling? Stupid. As Deadshot said, "How are you not dead yet?"

Two stars out of five stars. I will not see again.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slipknot. You knew it was going to happen also.

Hmm, the writer writes in this character at the last second to join suicide squad.
I don't think he had any lines. Just nodded his head.
This character agrees to runaway as soon as it gets the chance.
Head blown off.

Might as well just have put a red security shirt from Star Trek on him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slipknot. You knew it was going to happen also.

Hmm, the writer writes in this character at the last second to join suicide squad.
I don't think he had any lines. Just nodded his head.
This character agrees to runaway as soon as it gets the chance.
Head blown off.

Might as well just have put a red security shirt from Star Trek on him.

His role was pretty much exactly like it was in the comics, they stuck to it like a tee.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the movie was a 4/4.5-5. It had a lot of humor which was good but the story was also good. The main villain wasn't your typical superhero bad guy that we've seen 100 times in these types of movies.

The only thing you can argue was it was a lot to cover for a movie because this was the first time we've seen the SS but the movie was never boring or felt like too much was crammed in like it did in BvS(which I did like), the action was really good, and the story and characters were pretty well done.

I'd say the majority of the screen time goes to Harley Quinn and Deadshot followed by Rick Flagg and the Enchantress. The Joker's in it less than you'd think and Batman is in it more than you'd think but neither person felt like too much or too little screentime.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
El Diablo saved the ending from being the worst ending to a superhero/supervillain movie in the last 16 years or so. If you thought Marvel didn't know how to handle villains, wait until you get a load of this.