• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suggs wins DPOY

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little surprising.

Justin Smith seemed like much more of an impact player and was the leader of the probably the best defense in the league.

Even Allen had a hell of a year. He was a beast on that vikings D but he was surrounded by shit players.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little surprising.

Justin Smith seemed like much more of an impact player and was the leader of the probably the best defense in the league.

Even Allen had a hell of a year. He was a beast on that vikings D but he was surrounded by shit players.

Agreed! Smith got robbed, IMO...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All about name recognition, apparently. Justin Smith had one of the most dominant all-around performances I can recall this year.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Smith got robbed, IMO...

He did get robbed that's BS. Maybe they think he played alongside so many other good players so it wasn't all him just being a badass? If that's aht they thought they are wrong and so they must also be stupid, because Smith is the baddest motherfucker out there. So a big FUCK YOU to whoever sucked the donkey on that vote.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
justin smith does the little things that voters never notice. he really opened things up for aldon to rack up so much qb pressure.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
justin smith does the little things that voters never notice. he really opened things up for aldon to rack up so much qb pressure.

True he does a lot of the little things but also a lot of big plays too. He did have 7.5 sacks, great hustle play to strip Maclin in the Eagles game, a batted ball vs Eli in the regular season and a phenomenal post season.

I've had many friends (arent 9er fans) ask me about him and how he is damn good, and some of these are just casual football fans.

Suggs' Season seems a little overrated. 9 sacks in 3 games against IND, PITT, and us. Which means he had 5 sacks in the other 13 games.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He did get robbed that's BS. Maybe they think he played alongside so many other good players so it wasn't all him just being a badass? If that's aht they thought they are wrong and so they must also be stupid, because Smith is the baddest motherfucker out there. So a big FUCK YOU to whoever sucked the donkey on that vote.

Could not have said it better myself!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. A perfect example of a player's mouth winning him an award. There numerous more deserving players than Suggs. Including two on his own team.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Eric_Branch: RT @evansilva: Suggs won DPOY with 21 of 50 votes. Justin Smith, Navorro Bowman, Pat Willis, and Charles Woodson also got votes. #49ers

This is how the voting broke down:

Terrell Suggs, LB Ravens 21
Jared Allen, DE Vikings 14
Justin Smith, DE-DT 49ers 6
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE Giants 5
Patrick Willis, LB 49ers 2
NaVorro Bowman, LB 49ers 1
Charles Woodson, CB Packers 1

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the voting, seems like the voters based all their decisions on highlights from sportscenter

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
looking at the voting, seems like the voters based all their decisions on highlights from sportscenter

Watching how formal this awards event is - I can't help but to wonder if Aldon's DUI cost him the DROY

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't they vote for this stuff before the playoffs?

My understanding is that they are not supposed to consider the playoffs, but they vote after at least some of the playoff games. I'm not very confident of that, though.

I can't believe Pierre-Paul got almost as many votes as Smith. Total BS. Pierre-Paul was comparable to Aldon Smith for us. He had a great season, especially statistically, but anyone who was watching the games knows he benefited from the attention teams gave to his teammates. Smith doesn't rack up the stats (though his stats are still be very good, even compared to 4-3 guys), but he is the most important piece of our D IMO. We have some other great players on that side of the ball, but he was absolutely unstoppable this year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith should have bought his DPOY award the way Charles Woodson did...

oh wait, I'm sure it was just a coincidence that once Woodson started to get mentioned for DPOY, he made a 2 million dollar donation in late November to run away with voting for the award with the "good guy" sympathy bullshit coming his way.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Smith should have bought his DPOY award the way Charles Woodson did...

oh wait, I'm sure it was just a coincidence that once Woodson started to get mentioned for DPOY, he made a 2 million dollar donation in late November to run away with voting for the award with the "good guy" sympathy bullshit coming his way.

Seriously!?!...I made the comment earlier about these awards becoming politicized - now my antenna on that issue is raised to full height.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously!?!...I made the comment earlier about these awards becoming politicized - now my antenna on that issue is raised to full height.

His play deserved votes, I think he had like 9 INTs, 3 for TDs, and 4 FFs that year, so it wasn't a big deal... but that was also the year that Revis pretty much turned into Revis Island with 30 some PDs, 6 INTs of his own and a TD. With his play making the Jets the #1 defense in the NFL in yards and points.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Woodson bought votes that year with his well-timed donation on November 26th or 27th...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His play deserved votes, I think he had like 9 INTs, 3 for TDs, and 4 FFs that year, so it wasn't a big deal... but that was also the year that Revis pretty much turned into Revis Island with 30 some PDs, 6 INTs of his own and a TD. With his play making the Jets the #1 defense in the NFL in yards and points.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Woodson bought votes that year with his well-timed donation on November 26th or 27th...

Profit trumps principals...Sickening. I almost wish I hadn't known about that. Makes you wonder about all the rest of what we see and hear...

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Justin Smith would win DPOY. His motor was nonstop and was an integral part of the Niners' defense. I think voters get caught up with ESPN highlights. It's a damn shame that he didn't win it.