• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suggs wins DPOY

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really thought Justin Smith would win DPOY. His motor was nonstop and was an integral part of the Niners' defense. I think voters get caught up with ESPN highlights. It's a damn shame that he didn't win it.

That and stats which a 3-4 DE is never going to have; at least not until the NFL starts taking the measuring of the game more seriously. The lack of recognition for 3-4 defensive lineman is both a glaring oversight and an embarrassing discredit to the award...[/Rant]

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agreed. Allen played in a 4-3 defense which is design to rush the passer. Smith was amazing getting 7.5 sacks while helping the Niners stop the run and also assisting Aldon Smith have a banner rookie season. These voters are enamored by stats and do not account for how an individual truly helps the defense.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
100% agreed. Allen played in a 4-3 defense which is design to rush the passer. Smith was amazing getting 7.5 sacks while helping the Niners stop the run and also assisting Aldon Smith have a banner rookie season. These voters are enamored by stats and do not account for how an individual truly helps the defense.

Not one word out of place - Perfectly said AU...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Justin Smith needed to call Skip Bayless a douche bag. That would've evened things out with Suggs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought allen was a much bigger force as a pass rusher. also ware for that matter. those two were bringing it all game long. suggs had highlight moments, but ngata was a much more consistent force for baltimore.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Eric_Branch: RT @evansilva: Suggs won DPOY with 21 of 50 votes. Justin Smith, Navorro Bowman, Pat Willis, and Charles Woodson also got votes. #49ers

This is how the voting broke down:

Terrell Suggs, LB Ravens 21
Jared Allen, DE Vikings 14
Justin Smith, DE-DT 49ers 6
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE Giants 5
Patrick Willis, LB 49ers 2
NaVorro Bowman, LB 49ers 1
Charles Woodson, CB Packers 1

3 49ers in the voting.... luv it....

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think any of the Niners players and coaches (including PWillie) would tell you that J Smith was the foundation and the sparkplug of the most dominating defense in the NFL this season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think any of the Niners players and coaches (including PWillie) would tell you that J Smith was the foundation and the sparkplug of the most dominating defense in the NFL this season.

100% Agreed!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why and how, he wasn't the best defensive player this year. It could be argued that he wasn't the top three best player.

That's extremely subjecive.

This isn't something egregious like when Favre won the MVP over Rice (who broke the record for receiving yards in a season) or when Favre SHARED the MVP with Barry Sanders (who rushed for over 2000 yards) or when Vince Young made the probowl his rookie year or when Vick made the probowl a few times he didn't even come close to deserving it or when McNabb did a couple of times.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This isn't something egregious like when Favre won the MVP over Rice (who broke the record for receiving yards in a season) or when Favre SHARED the MVP with Barry Sanders (who rushed for over 2000 yards) or when Vince Young made the probowl his rookie year or when Vick made the probowl a few times he didn't even come close to deserving it or when McNabb did a couple of times.

Just two of the many reasons I never liked BF

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right it isn't as bad as those examples, but if Suggs wasn't even the best pass rusher in the league this year, how can anyone argue that he was the DPOY? The Vikings had 538 passes attempted against them, and the Ravens had 535. So it's not like Allen had a huge advantage in opportunities to get his 22 sacks compared to Suggs' 14.