• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sudden Death II Pens - Habs Game day thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Pens on a good series.

I am pretty shocked.

I saw Gainey mentioned by Dash, he deserves a big tip of the hat IMO. The players he brought in really stepped up in the playoffs.

If it were up to me I would have closed out the Igloo early next season so people could have said bye knowing it and without the stress of the playoffs.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, that goal horn is going on the scrap heap after tonight, to be fair. Kinda like washing your car one last time before trading it in.

Pitts diehards heading to the exits. Dang. Last game in the old barn (it appears). Stick around, show some respect. Last Oriole game at Memorial Stadium, I stayed for a good half hour afterward. Just remembering.

Several Canadien fans were hanging around. :)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK

that is all

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I seriously am sick of Fleury and his up and down shit. This guy was a #1 overall pick and can't seem to get it. One game is awesome the next is terrible.

To be fair, he was awful two games in a row, so he finally showed consistancy

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Habs. Good series and good luck the rest of the way.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamp's licked. Pens mailing it in.

I think of all the people who called Gonchar a warrior and defensive stalwart. And I laugh.

Im standing at the stove in my kitchen and peaking around the wall catching the game out of the corner of my eye and I see a Hab moving in to Pittsburgh zone and go right around the matador and think thats what you get for playing a forward on the point for a pp

and then i hear it was Gonchar

what the fuck was that???

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Gainey mentioned by Dash, he deserves a big tip of the hat IMO. The players he brought in really stepped up in the playoffs.

comeds ... a friend and I had a debate on whether the Habs make it this far if Gainey signed the Sedins instead of Cammy and Gionta? Gainey probably wouldnt have got them to sign for 6.1 each though so you dont have to chime in lol

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the OP thread title "Sudden Death II Pens"

it was.

fuck

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comeds ... a friend and I had a debate on whether the Habs make it this far if Gainey signed the Sedins instead of Cammy and Gionta? Gainey probably wouldnt have got them to sign for 6.1 each though so you dont have to chime in lol

Whats the consensus? Its tough for me to imagine. I saw probably only 10 Canucks games this season and the Sedins were pretty solid every time I watched. I didn't really know Cammalleri well before they Habs signed him. I saw him on the Flames a few times but don't remember watching the Kings.

He seems to really have fit in quickly on the Habs, if he wasnt out for almost 20 games and then kind of invisible the first few weeks after, I think his numbers would have been impressive.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
consensus was they would make the playoffs either way

I said they would have been a better seed with the sedins and even without the surprise factor of being an 8th seed the defence and goaltending would have got them this far.

He thought the Habs would have been out by now. That the sedins would have struggled in a new city since theyve been babied/protected in vancouver but Martin would have played them into the ice regardless. And Plekanec wouldnt have gotten the ice time he did get with them on the team. Hes a Sedin basher

we both agreed Daryl Sutter is an idiot ... He chose cancer over Cammy

and finally we both agreed Gainey could not have signed them for 6.1 per season

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we both agreed Daryl Sutter is an idiot ... He chose cancer over Cammy

I have to believe that Sutter made an offer, but probably wasn't willing to go much higher than 4.5 million on a long term contract (4 years plus). Squidy hit the jackpot with the Habs and although I was he was still with the Flames, I'm happy to see him doing well in Montreal.