• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DE's Habs/Penguins Game 7 prediction thread

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pay attention boys and girls, this is a big boy prediction courtesy your friend DE

1st period: Penguins score ice breaker early in the first 2 and a half minutes, probably by Crosby. Game settles in to past the half way point until the Pens get a PP. They score again going up 2-0. A couple minutes after that, Habs get caught on bad change and Pens score on a 2 on 1 to make it 3-0. After generating no pressure for most of the period, Habs get a flukey one under two minutes left in the 1st. Period wind down with the score 3-1 Pens.

2nd period: Period two start with Montreal ringing one off the iron and getting another glorious chance seconds later only to be denied. Thinking the Habs might be on the way back, they take another bad penalty. Crosby strikes again from the front of the net making it 4-1. Broken play in Montreal zone leads to the 5th Penguins goal around 10 minute mark, causing Halak to be pulled in favour of Price. Period even out the rest of the way with Pittsburgh now settling into a defense first mode. Period 2 ends with the score 5-1 Penguins.

3rd Period: Halak goes back in in a curious move by Martin. Habs get an early pp and score on a screened point shot. Habs now start taking tons of chances to get closer. They get away with it all the way to 6 minutes left when Crosby finds a steaking player up the ice who scores to make it 6-2, sending Mellon into an uproar. Pens get one cheapie late to close the scoring. Make the final, Penguins 7 Canadiens 2.

After the game is over, commentators give Habs tons of credit for the show the put on in playoffs and play up the fact beating Caps and Pens in back to back was next to impossible, giving Pittsburgh no credit in the process. Maddog is driven to the point of sheer extacy that his hero recorded a 3 point night, and will start his never ending threads on why Crosby is a winner and how OV and Sedin are heartless losers.

Now, watch as it all comes together :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sniffle* it was beautiful. nicely played with the closing line. hartless losers.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I must say, well thought out. I don't think it's gonna go completely like that but I wouldn't mind it if it did.

no prediction here.