• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strictly an observation...

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have another rookie to feel good about this season after running back Jeremy Langford’s excelled in Matt Forte’s place in San Diego.

This week’s “Film Study” looks at Langford’s breakout game against the Chargers, quarterback Jay Cutler’s touchdown pass to tight end Zach Miller and outside linebacker Lamarr Houston’s two sacks.

The Bears, as expected, leaned on Langford, giving him 21 touches on 54 snaps. And the fourth-round pick didn’t disappoint.

It was Langford’s home-run ability that general manager Ryan Pace highlighted when he was drafted, and Langford looked like a big-play-waiting-to-happen throughout Monday night’s game. He may actually be more explosive than veteran Matt Forte at this point in his career.

Langford’s 31-yard diving catch was a tremendous play, but his coveted burst stood out on more on others. In the third quarter, Langford raced past outside linebacker Melvin Ingram, one of the Chargers’ best players, on a screen with three receivers as his blockers for a 16-yard gain.

Later in the third, Langford was Cutler’s option in the left flat when the Chargers blitzed. Langford was open on a blown coverage, but quickly turned a short pass into a 23-yard gain when safety Jimmy Wilson lost his angle on his pursuit.

The read option also appears to fit Langford’s running style well. He cut back for a 16-yard gain on such a play in the second quarter, leaving Ingram caught inside.

The Bears lined up Langford everywhere and used I-formations often. He rarely went down on first contact. Langford displayed good power on his one-yard touchdown run and his successful two-point conversation, which Cutler checked to.

“He’s explosive,” coach John Fox said. “He can [turn] short runs into longer runs. I thought he had a great night.”

It was a great night that the Bears said they expected from Langford, who handled his pass-protection assignments without major issues.

“[He] made a few really good catches for me,” Cutler said. “We really needed that kind of play.”

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Langford: Maybe the Bears won't missMatt Forte, after all. Ka'Deem Carey, not Langford, drew the start Monday night with Forte out of the lineup nursing a knee injury. Langford took over in a hurry, finishing the game with 21 touches (18 rushes, three receptions) for 141 yards and 1 td
He made several impressive plays along the way, perhaps the best coming on a diving 31-yard reception in the first half. Langford also looked comfortable blocking in front of Cutler when called upon. The rookie running back picked up blitzers on several plays, giving Cutler time to throw.

It's just one game, but remember it when the discussion turns to Forte's impending free agency. If the Bears feel that they can get this sort of performance from Langford on a regular basis, they might be more willing to let Forte exit this off-season.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet I'm not as big an idiot as you, that would take more time and effort than I have but thanks for the troll.

now, now.....don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous idiot

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, now.....don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous idiot

Nope, I'm not selling myself short at all, but I know I'll never stand up to your idiocy....its legendary and will not be duplicated in your life time.....keep up the good work, your parents should be proud of your accomplishment.....

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I'm not selling myself short at all, but I know I'll never stand up to your idiocy....its legendary and will not be duplicated in your life time.....keep up the good work, your parents should be proud of your accomplishment.....

thank you

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I remember when you called me the board idiot. It's cool I deserved it. I earned, I owned it. But you have to admit it was entertaining in a Jerry Springer kind of way. I was the fat trashy girl that brought in 3 different guys to be tested as my baby's father, then found out it was none of them 3. lolol.

Given your reputation, are you sure that was me? LOL. I could see crazy or insane...but not 'the board idiot'. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given your reputation, are you sure that was me? LOL. I could see crazy or insane...but not 'the board idiot'. :suds:
No, it was you but, that was within my first 50 posts and I was being a dick. lol At first I thought these boards were for being a dick to Packer fans. Did not realize I would still be talking with the same guys now 6-7 years later. I never had any hard feelings about it. I knew I was being a douche. Before BSPN I never posted anything anywhere. Really never even played with the internet before that. Now I can post on 2 different boards so I'm getting better and better at this internet thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I used to say stupid things like... Hey guys I found the internet address for the Packers home page it's C, colon, forward slash, pound pound pound.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't do that anymore so don't ask.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to see what your up against Leo?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noony, I posted with you and the rest of the bunch on the ESPN boards since 2004. I don't remember you being a dick, but I do recall your overwhelming optimism.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noony, I posted with you and the rest of the bunch on the ESPN boards since 2004. I don't remember you being a dick, but I do recall your overwhelming optimism.
2004? wow has it really been that long. Time flys. I was pretty bad at first but not to Bear fans outside of dingus and BS75. But on the Packer and Viking boards in the very beginning.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2004? wow has it really been that long. Time flys. I was pretty bad at first but not to Bear fans outside of dingus and BS75. But on the Packer and Viking boards in the very beginning.

Dingus... I remember that fucker. He went by Dicedominator, Arlington Heights, and Roth. I forgot about him. Damn, those were some epic threads.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when he (dice) wrote his letter to Bud Selig. lol

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dingus... I remember that fucker. He went by Dicedominator, Arlington Heights, and Roth. I forgot about him. Damn, those were some epic threads.

Yes they were... Every now and then he would post pics as proof of his 'extravagent' lifestyle. That was highly entertaining.