• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strength of this years draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at our defense I see a lack of speed. Mcclary is into speed. Donald,Gilbert and Shazier are amongst the fastest at their positions. It could be argued that our line backing corp is almost as big a weakness as DL and safety. T

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at our defense I see a lack of speed. Mcclary is into speed. Donald,Gilbert and Shazier are amongst the fastest at their positions. It could be argued that our line backing corp is almost as big a weakness as DL and safety. T

you and your damn 40 times ...... shut up already about speed PLEASE

Fuck the fastest at a position ...... Can he play football at the pro level? That's the question

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and your damn 40 times ...... shut up already about speed PLEASE

Fuck the fastest at a position ...... Can he play football at the pro level? That's the question

Jimmy used to say you cant coach speed but he went with football speed not 40 times
Bottom line is if they can play football then that's all that matters I agree 100%

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when I look at Defense, I see a lack of tackling ability. I don't care what the pedigree or speed of the college player is in this draft. If they aren't solid tacklers I don't want them!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy used to say you cant coach speed but he went with football speed not 40 times
Bottom line is if they can play football then that's all that matters I agree 100%

agreed ... FOOTBALL SPEED

running a damn 40 has nothing to do with reaction time .......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me

1) Clinton-Dix or Donald
2) Hageman or Nix
3) Kareem Martiin or Christian Jones
4) best DT or DE or Olber on the board
5) Aaron Murray
6 and 7ths) Gs and Ots

I'd be stunned if Hageman or Nix are there when we pick in the 2nd round. If they even make it out of the 1st, I think they get gobbled up in the top 5-6 picks in the 2nd. It would be nice though

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be stunned if Hageman or Nix are there when we pick in the 2nd round. If they even make it out of the 1st, I think they get gobbled up in the top 5-6 picks in the 2nd. It would be nice though

I should have said it like this

1) Clinton-Dix or Donald ( One of them should be there)
2) Hageman or Nix ( this might require a trade up with a future 2nd or 3rd added with a swap of our 2nd ofc)
3) Kareem Martiin or Christian Jones ( Maybe would have to trade a future pick to move up for Martin.... Jones should absolutely be there)

I think you end up with 3 day one starters

Reason being ... I think Jones could fight if not win the job from Carter ( depends on if Carter adjust to this system )
With any of the D-linemen I just have faith in Rod to coach them up ... Like he did with Selvie

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed ... FOOTBALL SPEED

running a damn 40 has nothing to do with reaction time .......

Reaction time(football speed) has to do with a players ability to diagnose, in other words, how smart the player is and what kind of work ethic he has in the film room. It's why Sean Lee always gets to the spot on time

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a safety ..... but clser we get to the draft the more convinced we arent going that direction.

I agree D-lineman or a trade down is coming

Why you say that? Were you convinced last year that we were taking a center in the first round or trading up for Claiborne a couple of years ago after they had already made a huge free agent corner back signing?

Honestly, I think all you have to do is look at the tape to guess which way the Cowboys are heading. On tape, we saw a decimated defensive line look really good some weeks and were just really unlucky with injuries last year. Nelli was promoted for a reason. It was completely deserved and these type of moves show me that the Cowboys are at least getting a clue on how to run a franchise again. The problem was clearly secondary play (mainly being safety play). That secondary set records last year in spectacular fashion. Many completions and TDs shouldn't have happened. Carr was bad in some games but not as bad as the people around him last year. It was honestly a joke.

I just have a feeling with the way we all saw the Seahawks win a championship, I'm convinced the people in this front office are fully aware of how fucking horrible our safety play was last year. Unless a safety they like is taken before they pick, I believe that safety will be the first pick. It's not that I think they will pick safety because I really wish they would, it's because I believe somebody in Valley Ranch is actually watching film these days. I doubt you could put on any tape from last year and find a semblance of good safety play. #38 should have been bagging groceries last year, not playing NFL football.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you say that? Were you convinced last year that we were taking a center in the first round or trading up for Claiborne a couple of years ago after they had already made a huge free agent corner back signing?

The year we took Mo ... I could have sawus taking a Corner ... Didn't see us trading up that high. Doubt anyone predicted that.
But Jenkins was on his final year and had had injury issues.

And I agree with the safety play statement .... Which is why I been on the Clinton-Dix to Dallas train.

However........ And you see people on this board saying it as well as news media. Wilcox was doing "OK" last year until his injury ( I don't think so .... but others do)

and the closer the draft comes near..... I think Jerry buys into just that. Not to mention and this is the key thing that has really started popping in my head. Jerry would have to give up on a guy after just one year and admit he was wrong This is the same player that had him convinced enough to release Allen prematurely

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I think all you have to do is look at the tape to guess which way the Cowboys are heading. On tape, we saw a decimated defensive line look really good some weeks and were just really unlucky with injuries last year. Nelli was promoted for a reason. It was completely deserved and these type of moves show me that the Cowboys are at least getting a clue on how to run a franchise again. The problem was clearly secondary play (mainly being safety play). That secondary set records last year in spectacular fashion. Many completions and TDs shouldn't have happened. Carr was bad in some games but not as bad as the people around him last year. It was honestly a joke.

I just have a feeling with the way we all saw the Seahawks win a championship, I'm convinced the people in this front office are fully aware of how fucking horrible our safety play was last year. Unless a safety they like is taken before they pick, I believe that safety will be the first pick. It's not that I think they will pick safety because I really wish they would, it's because I believe somebody in Valley Ranch is actually watching film these days. I doubt you could put on any tape from last year and find a semblance of good safety play. #38 should have been bagging groceries last year, not playing NFL football.

The last sentence cracked me up lol. And to Twist's point, if I thought Jerry would take Dix or Pryor at 16, I'd gladly stop pushing for Byrd. But I think what will probably happen is Jerry drafts a DT, then a RB or WR and states, ''we want to see what our young safeties Wilcox, Johnson and Heath can do this season.....
:puke::puke::puke: