• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strength of this years draft

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3tech is highly valued by Marinelli. Don't be surprised to see the Cowboys attemp to trade for the Rams 13th selection. They either draft one or get one in FA

I don't think there's any way the Cowboys trade up from 16. First, they may sign Melton, which would deter any thoughts of moving up. Second, at 16, it's unlikely that both Jernigan and Donald are gone. Even if they are gone, it means another top 10 player from another position has dropped to us

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the top DL players are gone when #16 comes up, JJ trades down

I don't know about that. If all the top DL talent were gone, that means there are some tremendous values at other positions available. If there were a huge run on say, QB's and DL, and four of the QB's as well as Jernigan, Clowney, Mack, Barr, Donald, Hageman, and Nix were all gone, that means a kid like Robinson, Matthews, Lewan, Watkins, Evans, Dix or Pryor has to be sitting there. We should end up with an impact starter in the first round. If we do a good job of scouting, we should be able to get DL help in rounds 2, 3, or 4 if need be

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. If all the top DL talent were gone, that means there are some tremendous values at other positions available. If there were a huge run on say, QB's and DL, and four of the QB's as well as Jernigan, Clowney, Mack, Barr, Donald, Hageman, and Nix were all gone, that means a kid like Robinson, Matthews, Lewan, Watkins, Evans, Dix or Pryor has to be sitting there. We should end up with an impact starter in the first round. If we do a good job of scouting, we should be able to get DL help in rounds 2, 3, or 4 if need be

agree with you

but Nix and Hageman are now considered 2nd rounders ....... we dont take either at 16

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you

but Nix and Hageman are now considered 2nd rounders ....... we dont take either at 16

2nd rounders today could jump right back to top of the 1st tomorrow. I know Donald is all the rage at the moment but I still don't want him at 16.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a safety ..... but clser we get to the draft the more convinced we arent going that direction.

I agree D-lineman or a trade down is coming

If we trade down, I hope we get back better value for the pick then last year. Jerry just has a habit of thinking he can out smart all the other owners. That scares me about trading down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you

I wouldn't take Nix at #16, but Hageman is one of the guys I would be looking very closely at. I think he goes top 20 or maybe 25. I really wouldn't surprised at all if he were our pick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take Nix at #16, but Hageman is one of the guys I would be looking very closely at. I think he goes top 20 or maybe 25. I really wouldn't surprised at all if he were our pick.

I wouldn't be either .... and I like Hageman

and yeah 20-25 sounds about right ..... which is why we coulld/ should trade down a few spots

4 spots should get you an extra 3rd ... 9 should get you and extra 2nd IMO .... so yeah thats the kind of move down ive been talking about

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be either .... and I like Hageman

and yeah 20-25 sounds about right ..... which is why we coulld/ should trade down a few spots

4 spots should get you an extra 3rd ... 9 should get you and extra 2nd IMO .... so yeah thats the kind of move down ive been talking about

I could live with a 2 for dropping 9.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a safety ..... but clser we get to the draft the more convinced we arent going that direction.

Totally agree. I want safety bad and have for a decade. Although I'm still not sold on Pryor at #16. For me it's either Dix or wait until the second and grab one of the others. But, I just don't get the feeling the Cowboys will do it. Kind of surprising with how important the position is becoming and especially in this defense. Who knows, maybe it's a smoke screen or maybe Jerry really feels we are set at safety like he said...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be so sure Jerry can pull that off. Last year we traded down 13 spots and got a 3rd...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sure Jerry can pull that off. Last year we traded down 13 spots and got a 3rd...

LAst years draft wasnt near the talent of this years ....... :suds:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft gives me hope that we can correct a bunch of previous mistakes. Feels like the draft we got Tyron Smith (2011?), where any normal year, Smith would have been taken before we had a chance. I think if we hold serve at 16, we are in a can't miss spot. Ball in is Jerra's hands, we can only watch.

Second and third rounds we will still be able to pull a starting safety, OLB or maybe DE.

After that, I have no faith in Jerra being able to keep up with his own success and start reaching for WRs and TEs.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that, I have no faith in Jerra being able to keep up with his own success and start reaching for WRs and TEs.

I hope that was sarcasm ...... If not everyone just got dumber for reading it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAst years draft wasnt near the talent of this years ....... :suds:

Yes and MUCH deeper too. So #16 is worth more, but so are those 2nd and 3rd rounders. So, I'm not sure it changes what we should expect to get back in return. If anything I would assume most teams would rather stockpile later picks if they too feel it is so deep. But, it only takes one team to want one player for us to make out big time on a deal. If one of the top QBs is on the board when we pick I think that could give us maximum trade value. Too bad Balt doesn't need a QB or teams might want our pick to leapfrog them if someone drops.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and MUCH deeper too. So #16 is worth more, but so are those 2nd and 3rd rounders. So, I'm not sure it changes what we should expect to get back in return. If anything I would assume most teams would rather stockpile later picks if they too feel it is so deep. But, it only takes one team to want one player for us to make out big time on a deal. If one of the top QBs is on the board when we pick I think that could give us maximum trade value. Too bad Balt doesn't need a QB or teams might want our pick to leapfrog them if someone drops.

Honestly I think so much of this draft ...... I have said before and will say again... other than a first round pick I would trade future picks to get an extra 2nd or high 3rd in this draft all day long

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopefuls for the Cowboys this draft...
1st Round Calvin Pryor S
2nd Round Chris Borland LB
3rd Round DL from South Carolina
4th Round Aaron Murray QB
5th Round D
6th Round D
7th Round D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round Calvin Pryor S
5th Round D
6th Round D
7th Round D

I like that guy "D". Hear he is a player!!! I take him 3 times too!!!

Why do most like Pryor for the Cowboys more than Dix? Dix just seems like the better fit to me and the better player, but the better player part is obviously subjective...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round Calvin Pryor S
5th Round D
6th Round D
7th Round D

for me

1) Clinton-Dix or Donald
2) Hageman or Nix
3) Kareem Martiin or Christian Jones
4) best DT or DE or Olber on the board