• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally forgot about this one coming out and stumbled onto it on Saturday night. I had to finish it in a few days because it was too interesting not to finish quickly. This was very enjoyable. I have a couple of issues with it overall, but it was so much fun that I was able to move past those issues.

All that said, a second season worries me. If they're careful, I think they could squeeze 2-3 good seasons out of this, but I have a hard time seeing myself enjoy a second season as much as I enjoyed this one. I really don't want them to over-explain things or overdue what we liked about season one. They should really take their time with this if they want to do it right.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally forgot about this one coming out and stumbled onto it on Saturday night. I had to finish it in a few days because it was too interesting not to finish quickly. This was very enjoyable. I have a couple of issues with it overall, but it was so much fun that I was able to move past those issues.

All that said, a second season worries me. If they're careful, I think they could squeeze 2-3 good seasons out of this, but I have a hard time seeing myself enjoy a second season as much as I enjoyed this one. I really don't want them to over-explain things or overdue what we liked about season one. They should really take their time with this if they want to do it right.
I can't imagine they continue this story. They really wrapped it up nicely, even with that cliff-hanger ending. I think that was the perfect ending to let stand. Season 2 SHOULD be a fresh story.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine they continue this story. They really wrapped it up nicely, even with that cliff-hanger ending. I think that was the perfect ending to let stand. Season 2 SHOULD be a fresh story.

They did an interview with the brothers and said if Season 2 was a go, it would continue with the same story and actors.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did an interview with the brothers and said if Season 2 was a go, it would continue with the same story and actors.
What? That is insane. Make this an anthology like AHS, Fargo, etc and it would be a huge hit. If they continue the story, it will be a flash-in-the-pan piece of trash like Under the Dome.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? That is insane. Make this an anthology like AHS, Fargo, etc and it would be a huge hit. If they continue the story, it will be a flash-in-the-pan piece of trash like Under the Dome.

Anthology makes sense to me too. Just finished the last episode and it was a great season, but I can't see this being followed up (kind of like how I felt when Season 1 of Bloodline ended). I will give it a chance though either way.

If Eleven is still alive I'd be pretty disappointed. Epic ending for her...should leave it like that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome show, and loved everything about it. I dig the music. Love my 80's So much to reminisce about.

As the season was ending, I thought it might end up being an anthology series, but I can see the open plot lines they will be using for S2. No problem for me.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tons of questions still not answered. Where is this other world? Are there others? Is the shadowy government agency still trying to find/use it as a weapon? Are there government people with differing agendas? What's the long term fallout from traveling back and forth?

It's not like the writers literally wrote themselves into a cor...er under a dome, with nowhere to go.

(Oh and btw Belt, let me know if you hear about any KFFL landing spots.)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tons of questions still not answered. Where is this other world? Are there others? Is the shadowy government agency still trying to find/use it as a weapon? Are there government people with differing agendas? What's the long term fallout from traveling back and forth?

It's not like the writers literally wrote themselves into a cor...er under a dome, with nowhere to go.

(Oh and btw Belt, let me know if you hear about any KFFL landing spots.)
If I hear anything.
pOmMp88.png

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be more active in this once I finish. I will say that I'm like 8 episodes in, and I absolutely love it. Unreal show

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I posted this in the horror movie thread, but I agree completely. I thought the season was perfectly done. The option was left to continue the current storyline, but ending it on the note they did was just perfect. I'm 50/50 with your comparison, though. Fargo crushed it both seasons. American Horror Story? I enjoyed the first season. Watched each of the corresponding seasons, overall, don't really care fore it at all. While Jessica Lange always seems to get so much praise, I will say, I enjoyed Evan Peters work in the series the most.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I posted this in the horror movie thread, but I agree completely. I thought the season was perfectly done. The option was left to continue the current storyline, but ending it on the note they did was just perfect. I'm 50/50 with your comparison, though. Fargo crushed it both seasons. American Horror Story? I enjoyed the first season. Watched each of the corresponding seasons, overall, don't really care fore it at all. While Jessica Lange always seems to get so much praise, I will say, I enjoyed Evan Peters work in the series the most.
I agree on AHS. I actually gave up on it after Freakshow. I never watched Hotel and have no plans on watching 96.

My point was just listing season-long anthologies. Not season-long anthologies that I liked. :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I hear anything.
pOmMp88.png

Nice. I didn't realize it when I watched. But I guess that typeface was used in a bunch of Stephen King book covers and movie posters etc.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the season last night, and this is probably my favorite show since Fringe. Such a great storyline with enough teasers to keep you interested even though the truth is we still don't know anything about the others, creatures, Eleven, the government agency, or how this even happened.

Great finale though, I found myself a little emotional at THE SCENE (for those of you who haven't seen it I won't spoil), and then how it ended was just such a tease.

I hope they officially start filming for a second season, this has cult status written all over it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started this... About 5 episodes in. Love it.

But what is this only 8 episodes bullshit??? lol

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8/31: Stranger Things (Netflix) renewed for a 2nd season, to stream in 2017.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started this last nite. Watched the first 2 episodes. Love it. For the same reasons mentioned already. The 80's feel to it is just great. Gonna binge-watch the rest today.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthology makes sense to me too. Just finished the last episode and it was a great season, but I can't see this being followed up (kind of like how I felt when Season 1 of Bloodline ended). I will give it a chance though either way.

If Eleven is still alive I'd be pretty disappointed. Epic ending for her...should leave it like that.

They made it pretty clear she was still alive lol.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the first episode- not bad. Is the daughter 18? She's pretty hot. I'm not an 80's guy so I might miss out on some of the subtleties, but at least the kids don't look to annoy me like main character 11 year olds typically do...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a new one on me. I don't have Netflix anymore so looks like I'm out of luck.