• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strange Feeling...something is brewing

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time it felt like this around the Flyers was prior to the Carter/Richards trades.

I am not saying that is going to happen...but, there is a strange "bunker" mentality taking over right now. Hexy is locked away and there are a number of articles/sources saying that the Flyers could be moving Brayden Schenn...much the way they did prior to moving Carter and Richards (although no one had them moving both of them).

Any thoughts?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time it felt like this around the Flyers was prior to the Carter/Richards trades.

I am not saying that is going to happen...but, there is a strange "bunker" mentality taking over right now. Hexy is locked away and there are a number of articles/sources saying that the Flyers could be moving Brayden Schenn...much the way they did prior to moving Carter and Richards (although no one had them moving both of them).

Any thoughts?

I'm going to chalk this "feeling" up to paranoia and years of watching Homer basically starting over every year to make 1 run at the cup. Finally a GM is in place that is willing to let the young guys develop and build a team from within that has some longevity with manageable contracts and youth. I love all of Hexy's comments regarding B. Schenn being a priority and wanting to not rush his players through the system. I recently said something along the lines of him having a vision of a winner but it may not come through for 2, 3 or 4 years. That is ok with me because it would mean we are finally rid of crippling contracts and let our young core develop together and grow as a team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience and a fairly quiet summer. That's what I want. Look for a bargain deal on a 2W, resign timonen on the cheap, sign a backup goalie.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and move Vinny if you can.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Hextall's comments in the press...it is the other stuff that is floating around. And the fact that Schenn's agent has said he hasn't had any talks with the Flyers....kinda breads the paranoia beast.

I would love to see some of the longer in tooth players headed elsewhere...but that remains to be seen.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Flyers moved Brayden Schenn and the 17th pick to get a pick in the top 10, A) do you think any team in the top 10 would make that move and B) would that be a good deal for the Flyers? Maybe there is a specific player the Flyers would like to get with a pick in the top 10

Maybe they could make a deal with Anaheim? I know Anaheim will really want Kesler most likely because they know they have to go further next year and they'll probably use their picks to make a move, but I'd be interested in moving Brayden Schenn and the 17th pick for the Ducks 10th and 24th picks possibly - I do like Jake Virtanen and think he could be a good sniper in the future

I'm throwing ideas out there that the Flyers could be considering

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Hextall is going to be a flashy GM in terms of big moves. You could ALWAYS count on Homer to make a splash via free agency or trade literally every year. Hextall to me is going to be a patient guy who only makes the moves when necessary to put the team over the top. I think what you are going to see in terms of his vision is very similar to LA. Once they KNOW they have developed a winner from drafting and building from within, they will pull the trigger on a move or two that puts them over the edge (LA getting Richards and Carter). Plus, Hextall's alluded to the fact that he isn't really into building through free agency either.

I think what we will see, however, is a few moves around the draft to move the players / contracts that don't fit into Hextall's plans for the future. Two things are certain, firstly, we HAVE to trade a player or two to resign some people and field a full team under the cap and secondly, he has basically said that he will evaluate all parts of the team to see if it fits into his vision. What this means to me is we will see some veterans with big contracts get moved. I would not be surprised in the least bit to see any of Hartnell, Grossmann, Luke Schenn or Lecavalier moved.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hextall is going to be a flashy GM in terms of big moves. You could ALWAYS count on Homer to make a splash via free agency or trade literally every year. Hextall to me is going to be a patient guy who only makes the moves when necessary to put the team over the top. I think what you are going to see in terms of his vision is very similar to LA. Once they KNOW they have developed a winner from drafting and building from within, they will pull the trigger on a move or two that puts them over the edge (LA getting Richards and Carter). Plus, Hextall's alluded to the fact that he isn't really into building through free agency either.

I think what we will see, however, is a few moves around the draft to move the players / contracts that don't fit into Hextall's plans for the future. Two things are certain, firstly, we HAVE to trade a player or two to resign some people and field a full team under the cap and secondly, he has basically said that he will evaluate all parts of the team to see if it fits into his vision. What this means to me is we will see some veterans with big contracts get moved. I would not be surprised in the least bit to see any of Hartnell, Grossmann, Luke Schenn or Lecavalier moved.

I agree with the last part for sure, I definitely think one of those guys will not be around next season, who it may be I'm not sure though

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't shed a tear if either or both Schenn's were traded. I'd prefer Vinny and Grossmann to be moved, though.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't shed a tear if either or both Schenn's were traded. I'd prefer Vinny and Grossmann to be moved, though.

Luke Shenn was our best D-man in the playoffs

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be worried about anything brewing right now. If it's this quiet come draft day then be scared.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Schenn was our best D-man in the playoffs

Let's not pretend that means he was great - just that he wasn't as bad as the other d-men. I'm fine if the Schenn's stay, but I don't see Luke especially making the difference between winning the Cup and not. The fact is that this team HAS to get faster. Period.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again..L. Schenn is only 24...I would love for this organization to show some patience for once. Grossman on the other hand...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again..L. Schenn is only 24...I would love for this organization to show some patience for once. Grossman on the other hand...

Yeah, especially since Grossmann will be coming back from yet ANOTHER leg surgery - as if he wasn't slow enough before.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, the flyers could've beaten the pens or habs and been going to the cup if it wasn't for the rangers. for whatever reason, they have the flyers number. those things all contribute to that of course, but the flyers aren't far off.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, the flyers could've beaten the pens or habs and been going to the cup if it wasn't for the rangers. for whatever reason, they have the flyers number. those things all contribute to that of course, but the flyers aren't far off.

If the Rangers faced Steve Mason for 7 games instead of 4 they wouldn't be where they're at now

Glen Sather built a team based on flat out dumb luck and got there because of his goaltender - he gave up a bunch of really good pieces in Dubinsky and Anisimov to get a player who hasn't done anything in the playoffs - he also gave up Marian Gaborik to get Brassard(who's been solid but not on Gabby's level) and John Moore(who's suspended now and is barely a 5-6 d-man) - also he gave up Ryan Callahan and 2 1sts for Marty St. Louis, and while Marty has played solid, he hasn't been earth shattering

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers could be playing for the cup right now is correct we lost by one goal in a game 7. What is wrong here is that saying the rags have our number is why we lost. If Mason plays all games we win in 6. :nod: